Sign in to follow this  
Paragon

ASYLUM SEEKERS EAT OUR DONKEYS

lol well reported bee.

On a serious not though that is good to see, admitedly am not one of those who took part in putting the pressure on the dialy Crap :D . Those who did should give themselves a pat on the back smile.gif

Blessed   

Aaaah! There goes my prediction ..!! Funny apology though and it gives the faarax’s an excuse to look at the page three gal - with having to hid under the table.

Well done SCC & Co smile.gif

the author is ashamed ,may be he did not know that somalian are outlawed to eat donkey meat b4 130 years.he thinkd somalis like congolese? or something like that.

well the proplem is there one will even confront such a nonesense remarks.i won't surprise if somalis do not react on this becuase they do not even react when their children burchered the streets of london.i think we somalis have big problem which we are all feel like guilty of wrongdoing at first place.they all say waryaa waryaan pollisku kubaadhin ee iska aamus .wlaahi hadiikale farahaag ayaa laga soo heli dowlad hebla!!!!!

what i senseless .

Man I was away for a while and I came across this topic, its sickening to the stomach when some racist fags news paper calls my people donkey eaters, this is to disgrace our proud nation, Somalis don’t eat pork let alone donkeys, are this people sick they eat the most nasty things on earth.

Some somalies have complaint about this and i am gone do my share insha Allah, UK peeps we need to stay together and fight this.

Read On....

Ciar Byrne

Wednesday November 5, 2003

Daily Star: investigated under clause one of PCC's code of practice, which covers accuracy

The Press Complaints Commission is investigating a front-page story in the Daily Star headlined "Asylum seekers eat our donkeys" following a complaint that it inaccurately claimed donkey meat is a delicacy in Somalia.

The watchdog is acting after a Somalian complained the story, published on August 31, was nonsense because eating donkey meat is forbidden in Somalia under Islamic law.

A spokesman for the PCC confirmed it was investigating under clause one of its code of practice, which covers accuracy.

However, the commission rejected complaints from up to six other people.

One reader, Andy Platt, protested the article presented the allegation of donkey eating as fact and was discriminatory in its treatment of asylum seekers.

The PCC threw out his complaint, saying it felt the allegation was clearly presented as comment and so did not breach clause one.

The Star's headline was based on a comment about the investigation of the theft of nine donkeys from Greenwich royal park.

The story said: "Asylum seekers have stolen nine donkeys and police believe they've killed and eaten them."

A police insider is quoted as saying: "One of our main lines of inquiry is that they may have been taken by immigrants who like eating donkey meat as a delicacy."

The PCC said: "The commission considered that, in the context of the article as a whole, the allegation was clearly presented as comment from an attributed source and readers would not necessarily have been misled into thinking this was the only possible explanation of the matter."

It added that clause 13 of the code, which deals with discrimination, only exists to protect individuals and not groups and no individuals were named in the Star story.

Peter Hill, the editor of the Daily Star, sits on the commission but has not taken part in any discussions about the complaints concerning his newspaper.

Last month the PCC issued guidelines about the way newspapers cover the asylum issue, warning editors against using the term "illegal asylum seeker".

Here the link if you wanaa complain.

CONTACT THE PCC

Our Address:

Press Complaints Commission

1 Salisbury Square

London

EC4Y 8JB

Help Line: 020 7353 3732

Switchboard: 020 7353 1248

Facsimile: 020 7353 8355

Textphone: 020 7583 2264

complaints@pcc.org.uk

N.O.R.F   

Special thanks to all those involved in the process, students, working policy groups and specially the SOMALI CO-ORDINATING COMMITTEE for fighting our corner.

Welldone for fighting our corner guys and girls! appreciate it

Somalis are used as a scape-goat due to the fact, the real donkey eaters are infact none but themselves "White Dudes in England"...........

Further Note: What they are doing is normalizing the issue at first hand so nobody in their community would think this is an obscene habits..

Peace

LOve &

Unity

Saalax   

Nothing new The daily star is a racist newspaper that mostly fabricates things against immigrants and tries to put blame on them.