Sign in to follow this  
Castro

The Suicide Tourist

ailamos   

by the way... just to show you how the media twisted our minds (or mine at least)... I first thought the article was titled "The Suicide Terrorist" ... LOL...

Castro   

Originally posted by Sherban Shabeel:

A brave and intelligent man. We should all go with dignity if we can.

You could see pure fear in his eyes when he drank the sodium pentobarbital. On one hand, I sympathize with his reasoning and couldn't imagine his situation but on the other, I wonder if he had missed out on a drug that could have made his illness manageable or even cured it. In hindsight, nothing changed on ALS since his death but who knows.

Giving up just doesn't seem right. I wouldn't do it but I wouldn't burden my loved ones either. Drop me off at a beach somewhere and let nature take its course.

Napoleon   

I don't know how he is considered brave, he just made a rational choice and avoided pain and suffering. How that makes him brave is beyond me.

Sherban...Were the men that flew into the World Trade Center and Pentagon at peace with God-I must admit they had balls knowing you are facing certain death.

Castro   

^^^^ Isn't that what Bill Maher said and cost him his job at ABC? I don't know about balls. I'd say they were pretty well indoctrinated. And we're all facing certain death awoowe. We just don't know when.

Originally posted by Maaddeey:

Please do so, Sherban, don't associate him with no one, not Mohammed (CS), not Jesus (CS) nor any one else.

He was a human being, the creation of God, and now he has gone unto Him, and will be judged by Him.

Not by me, nor by you.

STOIC   

I can understand why the poor guy choose the suicide way.ALS is a relentless progressive disease in most cases, with a median survival of about five years. Death usually is from respiratory insufficiency...the loss of motor neurons in the anterior horn of the spinal cord and the brain is the worst someone can handle...RIP