Sign in to follow this  
Blessed

Memorable RIWAAYAD quotes

Abwaan   

Nice topic, but it seems that we only concentrating on videos. Could some people mention the audios as well please? I think that only small percentage of Somali concerts are available on videos since most of them are on audio. I will quote some myself next time I visit here Insha Allah.

Nabadgeliyo iyo ismaqal dambe oo xiiso leh.

Iffah   

smile.gif @ you 2...

Nafisooy,

Jinigaan adinkaa ii keeney. But I don't think it'll stay with me for long... ;)

I'm wondering tho, what happened to the sweet Lucky? When did she turn into (gasps)...a Daredevil?

Aah, neverind the name, I know she's sweet as ever icon_razz.gif

ps, I think Qabyo3 (yes, Q3...so I heard) will be out in theatres before Q2 hits VHS... but hang in there.

Tuujiye   

Hadal haduus qiimo leeyahay qaasimoow aa qaatay

Hadalkeega qalin ku qaad qashinka ku qub

iyo

Armaajo Waliinjo walaasheed waaye

These are quotes of the most creative somali comedien a live 2 day (maka xaaji banaadir)

LuCkY   

LoL Nafisa Looks LIke I shouLd be the One Thats Laughed at Eh?

I'm wondering tho, what happened to the sweet Lucky? When did she turn into (gasps)...a Daredevil?

Aah, neverind the name, I know she's sweet as ever

The Sweet Lucky eh?What Has Changed besides the name GaL?Dont HoLd Ur Breath Too Long GirL...U Never Know what Might Just Happen...LoL Even I aint sure What This New Nick Has Got IN STore For Me. :cool:

Macalin   

LOL..habeen hore i was watching this riwaayad i havnt watchd in longest ok...

Its sanqool and aw abdulle i think...sheeko xariir is the name of the riwayad!

Anyways...ths part ee heesayan!....Goes like this..

* Una duu una duu(am guessin its Uno Duo), Heey Heey, I feel OOO RIIYYYYT.......Hindoooy hindooy Hal Mar Ileef..........Laba goor....*stump foot*, Sadax Goor..*stump Foot*....Afar Goor**

Anyways soo xasuusta!

i havent seen no somali plays yet! u know the ones where ppl shout out loudly! i tried to watch

one about 4yrs ago! but it was difficult to follow and understand!!

so what does Hindoooy hindooy mean sir nomad!!

raula   

Anoo kenya jooga baan waxaan firsade..ruwayaad ladaho..QUBEY QALAX(does anyone r'member this??). There is one part where the woman/man?? says..waxaan dashe 1987(and she is saying it in somali)...and then another answers..."anaku eeyo madaqano eh sabeeno(sheep) baan daqanaa"...cajiib

From SHUMEY:- when Jeyte(allaha unaxaristo) tries to explain to the father of SHUMEY that his daughter is getting married. The exchange of words; the confliction between the gals name in reer wooqoyi(SHUUN) and in reer xamar (SHUMEY) was just hilarious.

The TUUR guy..in cilmi iyo caado when shukansi-ing the tall lady was also funny-I like when he actually says...so dhowoow dhubeey anku dadihiye...bal muxuu daadihin..asagii baa liite :D

I can't remember the name of the ruwayad..but when a lady called (character name) ARLIYO(sixirey) is doing her witchcraft and she says.."jinigii cirka, jinigii dhulka..jinigii badaa etc"

On hablayow hadman/hadbad gursan dontaan-when FEYNUS sh. daahir..was mid balaaye kadhacdee ..ciyaal suqaad..funny indeed-especially when she is milking money from xaajiga (from saudi arabia)..cajiib..

*truely speaking I have never laughed so hard in my laugh when watching ruwayadooyinka caadi ah(non-somali) than those in somali lingo....a talent indeed-mansha-allah.

"my name is Geeno, and your name is mike" Qabyo 1

Max'ud :Gaadham boolshid, istupidh

Jinow: Waar yaad cayeysaa

Max'ud: Dee tii walashaa aheyd oo kenya joogtay

Jiinow: Waar miyaanad ogayn inaay waxaasi caytahay

Max'ud: Oo haday caytahay maxaa ingriiska loogu dary" looool man I love Qabyo.

Originally posted by raula:

I can't remember the name of the ruwayad..but when a lady called (character name) ARLIYO(sixirey) is doing her witchcraft and she says.."jinigii cirka, jinigii dhulka..jinigii badaa etc"

You don't remember that ruwaayad's name? See waaye, qasab waaye in aa xasuusatid. Cilmi iyo Caado is unforgettable, classic ruwaayad. The lady's name is Daleys, see waaye yaa iloobi karo. She still sings that familiar song here in Toronto, even in her unbelievable age. Yaa ila hadlaayo, yaa ila hadlaayo...yaa igu soo da'gaayo... Anyway, you can watch this particular scene from here, her jiniyaal of cirka, dhulka and badda

The TUUR guy..in cilmi iyo caado when shukansi-ing the tall lady was also funny-I like when he actually says...so dhowoow dhubeey anku dadihiye...bal muxuu daadihin..asagii baa liite
:D

Nothing wrong with that Tuur guy.

There are many, many memorable ruwaayado scenes. Some particular ones that that still come to mind:

"Tuug Ma Aragtay? Maya Dheh" ruwaayad on TV back home. This, to me, is beyond classic.

When he is practicing what he has been told to say when he and his thief accomplice are pursued by police and the victim. The clever tuug hides under a tree, and tells him to stay banaanka and if he sees them and is asked if he had seen anybody, to tell them:

"Tuug ma aragtay?"

"Maya dheh."

"Nin meelahaan socdo ma aragtay?"

"Maya dheh."

"Nin Ordaayo ma aragtay?"

"Maya dheh."

They come and saw him reciting what he has been told shakingly. Markii la qabtayna isku wareerinaayo, "Sheekh C/qaadiroow.....laa ilaaha illa allaah..." What a ruwaayad!

Also from a scene in Cilmi iyo Caado, a drunk guy and his wife sing:

"Waa su'aalee! Labadeena, reerka yaa u weynoo u ah waayeel?"

"Waa wareeroow, waa jawaabee! Labadeena, anaa kaa weynoo kuu ah waayeel!"

Darn!

Blessed   

^^ LOL! I Loved how he kicked his **** . And Saado Ali's role as the raaliyo wife.

Anyhooot... I watching the Magaalo Joog Xumo clips and there is this particular one that had me in stitches. There are two farax's on a double date with two xaliimos. So, they decide to have a dance and the two Farax's start boasting about their respective xaliimos. They sang this dialogue:

Farax1: (checking his mates xaliimo he nudges him and says): Teydaa Wanaagsan

Farax 2: Teydaa ka wacan

Farax 1: Teydaa Xariira ah

Farax 2: Teydaa Xisaab ah

Farax 1(stops, takes a long look at farax number 2's girl) : Taadu waan dhooree

Farax 2 (proudly says) dhoorehaaban ka helaa :D

They continue to do they're dhoore dance... keep your qoutes coming. Ma garateen :cool:

WILDCAT   

Originally posted by disillusioned-N-despondent:

LoL...good quotes! Been a while since I last watched a riwaayad...but I have to say I find the songs most memorable. Like the remixed version of that song by George Michael 'Faith' in
Abooto Kutubey
! Hilarious.

TOO funny. Class!

"Garbasaaraha tuura, tuura tuura...

Ookiyaalaha siiba, siiba, siiba..."

Dude, I wanna see it again!!! :D

dawoco   

I don't know if any one mentioned this one, just too lazy to read everything. But i am a big Oday cabdulle fan. My fave quote is

"adeer ha dhiman, minaad dhimato neh aaqiro ha dhaafin"

I probably said it wrong, but u guys know what i mean :D