Sign in to follow this  
Blessed

Memorable RIWAAYAD quotes

Blessed   

Salaams all

I'm starting this topics for all the riwayad fanatics out there. Ever since I can remeber I've been watching riwayads - my dads way of making sure we learnt Somali - and I've been hooked since then. It's poetic, it's hilarious and most of the time it's odd.

Enough of my yabbering. Why not share our favourit, most hated qoute. maybe ya'll can introduce me to a riwayad that I've missed..eh?

Okay here it goes:

Every dhoog has dhaay to dhaay is my dhaay

Nakrumah, Qabyo - favourit wil local ladies.

Singub in Qabyo

Been baad sheegi, naag uun baad ahayd waan ku taaban

Wife tells him you can't touch me - as in hit me because it is against the laws of Canada.

My heroin Layla Jeesto - Masiibadu Aduunyada Ayadaa u macalin ah!

oo, miyaan dhacayaa, mise waan ledayaa, saliga! xaga hore

To husband, when he tells her to keep it real.

Thats abou all for now - I gotz to go - what has you got?

LoL...good quotes! Been a while since I last watched a riwaayad...but I have to say I find the songs most memorable. Like the remixed version of that song by George Michael 'Faith' in Abooto Kutubey! Hilarious.

Quotes? Hmmmm...bal isug waan ku soo noqon e I'A.

Intel   

Sangub

oo haduu erayga 'istubidh' yahay eray xun maxaa ingiriiska loogudaray

that was classic

i thinks also from Qabyo

Blessed   

DnD

Abooto Kutubey yaa qaada? I haven't heard it. But I love Ina Haybad Laambad's multilingual songs. Hodan in particulare, will share the lyrics when I got more time i'a.

Darman and Rokko

Qabyo 1 was just hilarious. Can never get enough of it. Remember, the part where the lawyer says - call 911. And sangub says - Allah, nayl iyo laba wan buu noo hayaa.. naa u sheeg inaan xoolaha dhaqano lol

I think that riwayad exaggerated the gender conflict a little.

I've got another one - Hablo yahow hadmaan guursan doontaan.

uh, uh, uh binti batrooliya- way isku duba dhacdey :D Faysruus Shiekh Daahir

Rokko   

LOL..indeed that Riwaayad was funny.

Ameena, speaking of Hablo yahow hadmaan guursan doontaan, do you remember this part..

"Xaaji..xaaji gurigaan hada ku jirnoo, harka qabow leh, hantideena miyaa" Harawo...

Then he responds.."Midaan hooygayga aheyn, waligayba mar harsan" ..there's more but can't remember..

Macalin   

Saado:Baaburkaaada Hoonkiisa siduu u yeeraa? ma baan baan baa misee?..Beerdilacshe:Maya haang haang waaye...Saado:war waa maxay ma LANDAROOBAL baa?-

------Saado when she tells Beerdilaacshe what kinda car He drives--

xaajigeeygana, lacagteeydana...wax kale ayeey kudartay cant rem.

Off the TOPIC: Waa maxay Somland flag oo dadkoo dhan kusoo dhejisteen meesha?..Ameenah,Mobbdeep,Gediid....GadasheeY,ma wax baa is badalaY? :D

Iffah   

LOL-

I've seen enough ruwaayads, but I can't seem to recall any memorable quotes that haven't been mentioned before. I remember there was one quote I liked from Qabyo2 but it's not coming to mind now. :confused:

Btw, any of you watched Cilmi iyo Caado? Remember the guy tuurta lahay & that song that he sang... Lugta dhibi dhibi, dhaqaaji garbaha, dhexda aan ku qabtoon isku kaa dhajiyee ... :D I was like 13/14 when I saw the riwaayad and that song still sticks to mind.

I dont remember the ruwayad but i remember dat situation..

A boy and a gurl were caught up home alone by the father of the gurl:

"The father: Maxaa meesha ku heysiin adigana kumad eheed?

the gurl : Aboo wilkan waa heblo een isku skool ban dhiganaa

The father: isku skool hada dhiqatiin oo gurigan maa iskool baa? "

Haneefah   

I'm not a big fan of ruwaayado...In fact I never find the time to watch them. But I have to say, Cilmi iyo caado was my favourite!

Originally posted by Shenomad13:

Btw, any of you watched Cilmi iyo Caado? Remember the guy tuurta lahay & that song that he sang... Lugta dhibi dhibi, dhaqaaji garbaha, dhexda aan ku qabtoon isku kaa dhajiyee ...
:D

LOOOOL, that song was the first thing that came to my mind too when I read the thread. That tuurow was funny....remember suu gabadha u shukaansanayay...and he was like mareekankaa la tagaa, mashiinaa lagu galinaa...adoo kala jiidan aa soobaxeee :D

Waxaan ku iri gabadh...where's Ilhaam? jinigii magac badalka miyaa iyadana soo gaadhay icon_razz.gif

P.S. when the hell is Qabyo 2 coming out? Waaban daalnay saan usugaynay.

LuCkY   

LMAO!

Waxaan ku iri gabadh...where's Ilhaam? jinigii magac badalka miyaa iyadana soo gaadhay

Nafisa, ILhaam is SheNomad13.LoL @ U quoting her.

LooooooooooooooooooL...That tuur was funny. Love that riwaayid, used to be glued to the TV whenever it was shown on TV back home.

Here is my qoute, might be paraphasing a little since I don't remember the exact words. I don't remember the Riwaayad name,but I think Ow Koonbay was in it..... here is goes

" Dhuqdii hooyadaa aheed bilay kula foolanasay, Maalin Arbaco iyo sabti soo galaysaa dhalatay, Adeb dara kugu jirta umada madaxee kaynaan, adiga dhinaca keentay, dhinaca".

Haneefah   

Originally posted by *-DaReDeViL-*:

LMAO!

Nafisa, ILhaam is SheNomad13.LoL @ U quoting her.

Lol...I know macanto, I was just bothering her with the new name!