Sign in to follow this  
Somali-feminist

What do somali men know about romance?

LuCkY   

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY RUDY:

and lucky! interesting 4 everything u wrote tonite

ok! whats up in SD!maxaa soo dhacay caawa! i hope u didnt afor with mexican food!lol...

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY UNDERDOG:

Rudy,

I think Lucky is "taking notes" today....she's might be preparing a serious retort once she lines up her targets and loads her canons.

Now THAT would be iNtEresTing !!!!!

Hhhmmm...InTereStinG.

shyhem   

Originally posted by Samiyah:

I was actually referring to romance after marriage, and on selecting a partner...As a practicing Muslim I shouldn’t tell you how our methods of selecting a partner differs from the kufars...so to the brother who was bragging about dating outside his race,
:D

In that case romance shouldn't be a problem,I assure u once u earn the title she is"my wife" u will surely be loved, respected and ofcourse all u'r romantic fantacies will be brought to life,the question is do u have the credential and the potential to be a wife or are u one of the folks who need to get a life.

nuune   

this is the most interesting topic i have sen so far!

posted by Cawo

hadii cuntadiisu kaa macaanaato dee waxaad haysaaba iska yar

lol Cawo,maqaarka ayaa laiska siibi waliba hadii ay imaato dhubuq iyo dhabaq lol,cid mubaarak

Xafsa   

Originally posted by underdog:

"Rude Hungry Herd"??????????

is that synonymous with unromantic?

Flying, the girl is new here don't go running off giving her the ending to the movie

I call it like I see it! Besides its Ramadan and to keep such information from a fellow sistah has got to be wrong! Y'all are a herd of hungry rude nomads.

underdog   

Flying, maxaa karbuunada noogu shidey? you're exposing us all...

if you want to give your new found sistah some advise you might want to tell her how this is the deep end of the pool and if she can't swim she's bound to drown.

No back to the romance thing...for once just ONCE I'd love to see someone start a thread called "sistas, What romantic things would you for your man?" or "Sistas, how would you support your man through tough times?"...can you try that? or is it that maybe the women here wouldn't know romance if it showed up at thier with a box of Belgian chocolates and a bouquet of long-stem red roses?

Why don't you "fine" ladies surprise us and do something different.

Xafsa   

^^ we could "surprise you" and start all those topics. but why? this is working just fine for us thank you very much!

x_quizit   

Underdog bro, the idea you suggested has been done already, look under the topic "what a woman does when she's in love", but if you'd like more, why not start them urself and see how the girls react?

The thing is, don't take this topic as an attack on somali men, look at it as constructive criticism, i'm sure u guys have dished out an equal amout on the ladies.

Remember guys, a woman who is pleased in her relationship with her partner, would have no problem bending over backwards to please her man, so keep that in mind.

Underdog has a point though, instead of regurgitating same discussions all the time, why don't we start talking about solutions on how to improve both genders without being accusatory?

Avoid such things as "you always do this, you never do that", because people will naturally become defensive and hence, nothing is solved.

It's all about the tone in which we say things, let me share a tired old cliche but an effective one, "you will catch more bees with honey than vinegar" or something like that.

peace

LuCkY   

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY CARAMEL_KISSES:

sectioner, difaaca aan idin difaacay aa kaaga dartay soo ma aha, waa caadiyoos gaajada aa kaa hadalsiineeso aan u maleenaa

Section6er here it goes roughLy transLated:

Difaaca=defend

Difaacay=defended

Dartay=worse

I cant correctLy transLate the first part but what i think she is saying is that she basicaLLy defended you guys and you arent thankfuL or something aLong those Lines-i apoLogize in advance for any inaccuracy. Here is the second part:'Its fine,i think its the hunger in you thats taLking'.

Hope that heLped you.

Originally posted by x_quizit:

would have no problem bending over backwards to please her man, so keep that in mind.

rudy: i will keep that in mind!!lol! no punt intended mind u!

----------------------------------

Underdog has a point though, instead of regurgitating same discussions all the time, why don't we start talking about solutions on how to improve both genders without being accusatory?

Avoid such things as "you always do this, you never do that", because people will naturally become defensive and hence, nothing is solved.

It's all about the tone in which we say things, let me share a tired old cliche but an effective one, "you will catch more bees with honey than vinegar" or something like that.

peace

rudy: u hitted on the head! me, i dont do that anymore! i did a 360 hmmm about a year ago!! and it works...just be nice and respectfull... and thy

shall collect the reward! if u put energy into it,

u cant lose!! but be successful.

As-salaamu alaikum wr wb,

I call it like I see it! Besides its Ramadan and to keep such information from a fellow sistah has got to be wrong! Y'all are a herd of hungry rude nomads.

Flying sweety thnks for that warm wlcm... one thing never seizes to amaze me, that strong bond that we sisters share! smile.gif ah that gives me an idea, we should start a topic just based on that...hehe

if you want to give your new found sistah some advise you might want to tell her how this is the deep end of the pool and if she can't swim she's bound to drown.

underdog... walalo I have no fear of that, now that I know I got sisters like flying as my safeguard... I wonder if you could say the same? hmmmm

Remember guys, a woman who is pleased in her relationship with her partner, would have no problem bending over backwards to please her man, so keep that in mind.

quizit I absolutely agree with you...

"you will catch more bees with honey than vinegar"

sis I never heard this before, its really nice, hope you don't mind if I use it... hehe:D