Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

Look at this picture

Chimera   

SCF3477.jpg

do you think there are any shops similar to this one today in the Diaspora or Somalia with all these black and white pictures of Somali artists?

I think Hall of Shame studio of Koronto comes closest. They have some of those old images in their studio.

The singers' images on the wall that I can guess from the picture: Faadumo Qaasim, Sulfa (or is it Axmed Rabsha?), the image where Shareero is underlined. Then there is Saado Cali.

Kuwa kale yaa sheegi karo?

Chimera   

Thanks MMA!

Are there any black-white Somali films out there(i recall seeing one on tape as a kid but don't know the name) comparable to Forbidden?(Frank Capra)

If back in the day, this funny musical (the bit with the casanova dwarf cracked me up) was turned into a proper movie set in 70s Mogadishu with a nice plot, it would have been an instant classic

Other then Western Films/Bollywood films and Somali Musicals what did Somali cinemas show?

I see young Zeinab Cigge too. AZ, there are not whole lot of Somali movies made in back in the days. I recalled one particular film that was made back in late 70s i guess, i guess it was called DAN IYO XARAGO if I am wrong on the name some1 correct me. Young Qalanjo was in it.

nuune   

^^ lol@dumiyo, mayee intii la beero, hadhowtina la fasho,

Adam zayla, there were lots of Somali films, no, not the theatrical one's, real Somali movies, best way is to google, lots of them in black and white.

Abwaan   

Originally posted by Northerner:

I didnt know John Travolta was a Somali artist
:D

looooooooool...norf1........u made me lough saaxiib...where is this foto? Old Amin Amir Studio mise waa foto Jilib?

Originally posted by Adam-Zayla:

I have to post this cool black-white video before i log off:

Somali women in Kimonos, Somali men river dancing and @4:28 the lead singer starts doing the twist lol love it!

Thats classic, he was from Djabouti and I heard he died.

Abwaan   

I can see Faaduma Qaasim behind the Somali John Travolta man. I think the Shareero one is Maxamuud C/lla Jerry. I think there is also Qamar Abdullahi, Shamsa Cumar (AUN). Is ther also Shiikh Abuukar? lol...I am sure there is Maxamed Siyaad one somewhere. They could never leave that one out. I went to Tunisia in 2003 meel kasta oo aad martid waxaa kaa soo horbaxayo masawirada madaxweynaha Zine El Abidine BEN ALI, then I wanted to imagine with the advanced technology how Somalia would be today if Tawraddii weli ka jiri lahayd.