Saalax

Puntland president Cabdiweli arrives at eastern Somaliland region

Samafal   

Bravo Professor Abdiwali Mohamed Ali Gaas. He needs to stay on as president of Puntland. Puntland needs him more than he needs Puntland. With all his shortconings he is the most successful Puntland president.

Now Sanaag is in the bag, next stop is Laas Caanood. One way or another it will happen I'Allah. 

Tallaabo   

Now it is more likely Mr Muuse Biixi will turn his attention to Eastern Sanaag with the possibility of a grinding conflict in that region too. 

13 minutes ago, maakhiri1 said:

A brave move by Gaas

Indeed. This time he is under the development cover. Somaliland doesn't want to be seen by the locals as being opposed to development in that region. So it will let this slide. 

Somaliland needs to help Laasqorey residents build their port so they can compete with Bosaso. 

Saalax   

Badhan has always been pro Puntland anyway. The Badhan community are not as divided as the Las Anod community so not easily influenced by Somaliland.

52 minutes ago, Saalax said:

Badhan has always been pro Puntland anyway. The Badhan community are not as divided as the Las Anod community so not easily influenced by Somaliland.

A divided loyalty is given. You just haven't seen it being exploited. 

The issue here is, for Somaliland East Sanaag is a small fish... not much you can get out from a very remote fringe area. Somaliland would be spending more and getting less. So the current policy sounds ok at this stage until such time that other more higher priorities are resolved, i.e. Buhodle district.

23 minutes ago, Oodweyne said:

And once that is done, which will be soon due to the requirement of the parliament's election of next year (2019) then our hand will be free to bring the East Sanaag issue on board by 2020, at the latest.

I reckon the issue with East Sanaag my get resolved itself. 

Since Somaliland fully controls the capital of Sanaag region, politically the region is under Somaliland. And the fact that Somaliland Development Fund is now geared towards the development projects for Togdheer, Sool and Sanaag, I am sure East Sanaag folks will not want to miss out on those millions. 

Garowe will not match the development funds that are in the pipeline for Sanaag region. And naturally people will re-orient themselves towards were the money is.

Sanaag alone is 40% of Somaliland, it is the second biggest region in SOMALIA, after Bari.

Buhoodle, agree very critical for SL, as it is a foothold in Togdheer, but don't underestimate, Sanaag, and Badhan, these places are MAKE or BREAK for SOMALILAND and believe me , cuz I am from there, the whole SANAAG is far more connecte to Bosaaso/Bari, and ofcourse Hargeisa pple don't even know that.

If Federal gov is serious, all these places, in military called footholds,  make SL very vulnerable.

1 hour ago, maakhiri1 said:

Sanaag alone is 40% of Somaliland, it is the second biggest region in SOMALIA, after Bari.

Buhoodle, agree very critical for SL, as it is a foothold in Togdheer, but don't underestimate, Sanaag, and Badhan, these places are MAKE or BREAK for SOMALILAND and believe me , cuz I am from there, the whole SANAAG is far more connecte to Bosaaso/Bari, and ofcourse Hargeisa pple don't even know that.

If Federal gov is serious, all these places, in military called footholds,  make SL very vulnerable.

Absolutely correct that Sanaag is an important region - it is the largest landmass in Somaliland. But as far as Eastern Sanaag is concerned, it is not a huge priority for Somaliland to rush to bring them under complete authority of Somaliland.

This is because, 1. The region's political capital is already firmly under Somaliland. 2. The East Sanaag locals do mind their business just fine i.e. peaceful and welcoming.

I think Somaliland should support not hinder any development in that part of the region.  The solution for East Sanaag is to show them what they are missing out.  At the same time, Somaliland gov't should bring more development into Sanaag and try to bargain with East Sanaag folks so they can trade more Somaliland authority in their area for more development aid. 

With regards to Mogadishu interfering in East Sanaag, it will be regarded as an open conflict. Mogadishu is a loser if they try to take that path.

Tallaabo   
5 hours ago, Suldaanka said:

Absolutely correct that Sanaag is an important region - it is the largest landmass in Somaliland. But as far as Eastern Sanaag is concerned, it is not a huge priority for Somaliland to rush to bring them under complete authority of Somaliland.

This is because, 1. The region's political capital is already firmly under Somaliland. 2. The East Sanaag locals do mind their business just fine i.e. peaceful and welcoming.

I think Somaliland should support not hinder any development in that part of the region.  The solution for East Sanaag is to show them what they are missing out.  At the same time, Somaliland gov't should bring more development into Sanaag and try to bargain with East Sanaag folks so they can trade more Somaliland authority in their area for more development aid. 

With regards to Mogadishu interfering in East Sanaag, it will be regarded as an open conflict. Mogadishu is a loser if they try to take that path.

I agree Eastern Sanaag should be enticed with a lot of development offers and should be connected to the rest of the country as soon as possible. 

Samafal   

lol Jeegaantii are srambling for excuses. The joke of the day: it is not important!!!!

The whole issue Jeegaanta are pursuing these regions because they delusionally believe that it is what is standing in the way of ever elusive, dead and dusted recognition. So to say this region is not important is absurd to say the least.

Reer Sanaag waa niman rag ah sida wiilasha Buhoodle balaqa ma qaataan. That is the whole and short story if you want excuse.

Saalax   
5 hours ago, Samafal said:

lol Jeegaantii are srambling for excuses. The joke of the day: it is not important!!!!

The whole issue Jeegaanta are pursuing these regions because they delusionally believe that it is what is standing in the way of ever elusive, dead and dusted recognition. So to say this region is not important is absurd to say the least.

Reer Sanaag waa niman rag ah sida wiilasha Buhoodle balaqa ma qaataan. That is the whole and short story if you want excuse.

Kulaha a lot of development offers kkk.  Reer Badhan being part of Puntland is not only about development but also shared close kinship. Wa daad walan Jeegaantu labo walalo ah bay raban inay so kala dhexgalan.  :D