Sign in to follow this  
Bess.

sex education.....yes or no?.....

Jalaqsan

I wish it was that simple. By not talking to them about sex in a culturally and religiously-sensitive way, you'll be ensuring that they buy into the images and views carried by their peers, television programmes, movies, teen mags, and other assorted media outlets thats its fun and easy to have sex with whoever you fancy, whenever you fancy at wherever u fancy. That your a sad freak unless ur doing what every little jessie is doing and more worryingly still, that the younger you start, the better.

In today's environment, it is very difficult to avoid the subliminal messages being transmitted everywhere. So, unless you intend on locking your child away in a dark, airless box, it would probably be sensible to tackle the issue early on.

Seven,

Very risky indeed. That programme was on last night? Too bad. I would have forced heblaayo to watch it too.

Its shocking how many teenage girls fall pregnant every year. Just from what my lil sister tells me, half of her friends are either pregnant, trying for a baby (TRYING! At 15 and 16, can you believe it?) or already have kids!

Britain has the hightest teenage pregnancy rate in the EU. Twice as much as France and Germany. The documentary featured (among countless others), these 2 sisters. Aged 14 and 15. Both carrying. One got jealous when she found out her younger sister got pregnant and started trying then! :eek:

Blessed   

^^^ :rolleyes: and you call yourself an educator. What is so dirty about sex?

I think Bee and Rahima have nicely made my points for me. A culturally and Islamicly sensitive aproach to sex education is way over-due.

The number of Somali Youth with STD's, HIV has increased rapidly in recent times. Young sisters are being misled into very confronting situations by farah's (who should be stoned to death).

***Keeping hush about sex is no longer an option.

Bee macaanto now I know why it is wrong to live in wadan gaalo. mala socotaa iney dambi tahay in wadan gaalo la dagnaado unless aad diinta faafineynin? you might argue wadanki baa dhibaateysan but hey thats just a excuse innit. meeqo wadan oo muslim baa jiro oo aan dagi karno?

it's things like these that make muslim ummah weak.......walaahi they have influenced us in so many ways.....Lord help us n guide us

Qac Qaac   

Jalaqsan u seem to be standing a different position from the rest of the girls.. well igu dar dhinacaaga ani, Moti same I agree with u..

ceeb waaye to sit in the dining room with mommy and daddy and to talk about sex.. yaa khay dadkaan maxaas daaray.. I guess i am primitive person.. as nafta said it to us already..

Wiilo   

Waraa maxaa Topic-gaan loogu soo celcelinooyaa horta....Who has the gts to ask or discuss with thier parents about the xes, and who is gonna educate our younth about xes. Waraada "Indho-Adeeg" badanaa dadkaanaa....Waraa qofkii raba in uu barto arintaan, asiga naftiisa ha ubarto..Caruurta yar yarna diinta ha la baro iyo waliba waxa ay Diinta ka qabto arintaa...Simple is that........

Wabillaahi Towfiiq:

Sex will still be learned no matter who teachers or dont teach them. So you choose how will your kids learn about sex..

I for one will be the one teaching my kids SEX. I wont mind if the school has some form of sex ed that addresses alot of issues, from abstinence to protection.

They will learn with or without your help. I did with no parent supervision. AND CHOOSE TO TAKE THE UNCOMFORTABLE FEELING FROM MY KIDS ON THAT ISSUE

Qac Qaac   

lay down on the couch...im gonna be a therapist for all u misguided and confused faraaxs

waligeey kuuma imaadeen, therapist maba aaminsini.. lay down your couch, coz wixii ku imaado aa kaa daran.. stop misunderstanding Moti na, adaa danahaaga therapist u ah..

Rahima   

Ignoring it will not make it go away brothers.

Whether or not we like it, children are becoming more and more advanced in these types of things much younger. They know at the age of 10 what you found out at 16.

This is reality; you can choose to put your head in the sand and hence face the consequences or equip your children and hence avoid unfortunate events. The choice is yours, make the smart one!

ceeb waaye to sit in the dining room with mommy and daddy and to talk about sex.. yaa khay dadkaan maxaas daaray.. I guess i am primitive person.. as nafta said it to us already..

QQ, I take it that you are nomad which places a high value on Islamic teaching, therefore I’m sure you know there is no such thing as "ceeb" in Islamic teaching. When it comes to learning, so long as there is benefit we do not hold anything to be ceeb. And anyway, who said you had to hold a seminar smile.gif , the father can always educate his sons and the mother her daughters. Why should their be embarrassment anyway? Shouldn’t you endeavor to be as close as possible to your children?

nafta   

^^ well said Rahima

Where in the diin does it say it's an embarrassment to talk about sex or to educate people about it. There is nothing ceeb about it, at the end of the day the children will explore it for themselves and they will get to know about it with or without ur help, like Sectioner so kindly pointed out. Where does the embarrassment come from anyway, it's a natural course of action that will happen someday to evrybody (hoepfully xalaal i should think)...waa yaab walahi

To open a centre is another business, i think it would be lost to our people, frankly i don't think they would make use of it, or they would put it down as trying to advocate the new generation into the gaalo's beliefs etc.

Afur wanaagsan everyone

P.S. Jacaylbaro...u should be able to come up with someone to teach the youths/doqooshinka as u work in the UNLD (United Nations Love Department) :D ...waaba qatar...any vacancies going at the moment perhaps?