Sign in to follow this  
Bess.

sex education.....yes or no?.....

Il adeeggaas oo aan cunug aan dhalay ama quf muslim eh inaan kakala hadlo galmada maba haysti. simply kumaba dhacaba. dhaqan baan leenahay, diinna waan leenahay..labadaas waxood hadaad ku dhaqmeysit waxaad tahay quf xishoonaya. Laakiin markaan ka taqno xishoodki oo aan ciyaalki u hor kacno ama aan sii barno galmada (sex) waa su'aalee jiilka dambe faa'idada kasoo socota ama aan ka sugeeno ma ii sheegi kartiin?

Xishoodka waa imaanka barkiisa....salla caleek....laakiin hadaan iska wada dhigno "open minded person" oo aan xadki ka tagno, annaka un bey qasaaro noo tahay.

Teeda kale waxaan aamin sanahay 110% kuwiinaan dhahaya ciyaalka waa in la baraa sexka, markey dhabta timaado inoo mid kiinaan na ku dhicin.

Is maqal damboo xiisa leh!

OG Moti   

Shabelo are u saying now i am losing it.. i say again og_moti is always misunderstood even when he is clearly women's rights activist and one of the founders of save the women and Anti trafficing women and children in Cambodia... but Al ajar from Allah inshaAllah... peace

Faheema.   

<<< Wonders if the Cambodian government locked him up in a room and forgot to let him out for his daily doze of fresh air… :D Honestly some of the things he comes out with sometimes makes you wonder... :confused:

No offense walaalo ;)

OG Moti   

^^ loool ... you know what they say "Great men are accused with craziness"and Great men are always misunderstood

peace

raula   

meshaan aduun kale baa kasocdo baan filaaya-calaa ita xaal suasha "Sex education, yes/no" baan ku daaya inaan ka jawaabo (this is in accordance with the CDC and current administration standings on the issue of sex education -which by the way was reformed just recently-JUNE 2004: in conjuction with DHHS(dept. of health and human services)-for schoo-based programs.

The transformations the Center for Disease Control (CDC)

made is chiefly due to political pressure into

developing interventions that correlate with the

conservative moral principles. These changes were put

in place by the current administration because of

support from conservatives who are predominately

Catholics and hold high their moral and religious values

as part of preserving the societal order. Therefore, it

is no bewilderment that this existing government is

endorsing abstinence, since it resonates with the

religious and cultural beliefs of a great majority of

the American people.

By implementing interventions that advocate for

contraceptive use, whether proven scientifically sound

or not, might indication of promoting more promiscuous

behavior to some. In addition, given that many

Americans are faith-based societies, then promoting

contraceptive use and other ‘safe’ sex education will

symbolize deviating from the social and moral order of

society-does not sit well with the majority. Hence, by

promoting abstinence as the central solution to

preventing sexually related calamities, the current

administration can retain its pool of devoted voters.

Alternatively, abstinence or retaining a monogamous

relationship (less risky) seems to be the only 100%

proven solution to lessening sexually related infections

and disease by lowering the transmission risk.

Therefore, it seems plausible to encourage ABSTINENCE as

part of sex education in schools.

However, promoting abstinence only will not seem

applicable and feasible to the American population since

we assailed with sexual images on a daily basis, and

rate of unmarried adults and underage having sex is

quite high. Therefore we need a more effective

intervention that can both serve safeguard the moral

fundamentals as well as combat and will help reduce the

rate of sexually transmitted diseases for those engaging

in promiscuous behaviors. Condoms and other

contraceptive use, scientifically proven and approved,

have been shown to reduce sexually transmitted

infections and diseases, by a significant number.

Hence, provided that some people will continue defying

moral and religious standards, and sexually transmitted

diseases will continue to sky rocket; consequently its

seems plausible and viable to educate the public

(including students) about less risky sexual behaviors

and proper prevention practices.

in a nutshell: populations vary in culture, religion and moral standings. As for somalis-there need to be a culturally-sensitive EFFECTIVE interventions that will both resonate with the culture as well as religious standings; keeping in mind the reality of sexual related transmission and its high rates (ESPECIALLY, since we have few cases of the deadly EPIDEMIC=AIDS in some somalis).

Masalnoor.

RAULA(future epidemiologist) ;)

Qac Qaac   

I wanna say the day u girls here become mothers and talk to your doughters about s e x... is ceeb to me because of my culture...

Raxima.. walaashiis religionka teeda waxba kama qabo.. laakiin just sit there talk about pure non sense with ur kid, in the name of educating them, i am against..if u teaching ur kids why this act is haram, the problems that come after it, the tricks satan use before.. and the fiqh part, what to do when u junub and etc.. those i am not against...

Rahima   

^ I don't believe anyone is arguing that you teach your children nonsense, rather the point is that you make them feel the severity of such a sin and to mention the possible detriments and consequences, whether HIV or STIs.

At the end of the day, you cannot afford to ignore this- there is too much at stake.

Pucca   

if you as a parent arent able to be an adult and talk to your child about a crucial issue facing our society today, then you're lacking something big time.

If you wont sit down and talk to them about sex, the problems that come with it, the responsibilities, and what islam teaches us about it...your child is bound to get this info from some one else who'll probably only tell them some stuff and leave out the important parts... so its better for you to let them know first.

better to have said it and gotten it over with then to have never said it and regret it later on....

Qac Qaac   

Rahima no matter what the parent say or does.. the children would still exprience it for themselves.. and when that happens ppl act different ways..

I didn't make a sever sin sis.. i just said it is ceeb in our culture to talk about certain stuff and this is one of them... if u r saying u would do it. and u would educate them about sex, in the name of hiv and std go ahead. but sis they already seen it from tvs, and heard about it everytime in schools, or from friends... anyways who is the kid that would listen to his parents talk about s e x with him... waa isku yax yixi.. yaakhay.. anyways all the power to u.. go ahead and talk to them about this stuff...

Blessed   

^aaar dee ninyahoow; why you got to be so difficult all the time! It is waajib for a parent to educate a child, even with regards to the sticky, 'ceeb' issues like sex, homosexuality....these are common issues which young people get very curious about.

Yes; they learn it from school and friends, but they are given the wrong messages by them. Hence the need for the parent to tell them the Islamic perspective. The halaals, the haraams, the temptations, consequences and the rewards. Every parent will be held accountable for the cultivation of their child (or lack of).

Insha Allah, this will enable the child to have all the information they need to make their own decisions. That is the role of parent to guide and educate. Aisha (ra) told us very personal and intimate details of her marriage to the Prophet (saw) simply for the sake of educating us. What is so ceeb and wrong about it – anigu maan garan.

juba   

i see where your coming from Qac but the rest of you have a point. it is a uncomfortable issue to talk about sex let alone homosexuality to your kids. i can't imagine doing it with ease. But it needs to be done. if your kids learn it form you they are less likely to engage in such activities at an early age(if you scare them enough ;) ) But them again they can easiy learn about it elsewhere . by the time you tell them about it they know more about it than you do!!:

Dad: son we have to talk about sex

Son: sure dad what do you want to know

Pucca   

where did you get ur info bout sex?

half of you are probably not gonna say ur parents and thats probably cuz u dont have a tight bound with ur parents where u can talk about anything without having to feel "yax yax".

if your parents talked to you about sex, then you're most likely gonna talk to your kids about it too...if not then you'll think of it as "ceeb"

hmm...didn't the prophet say nothing in our religion should be put aside simply because it was ceeb and that we should educate one another no matter how "icky" it might be?

Qac Qaac   

let's not mix stuff here.. the hadith is to educate both men and women, what to do, when they are junub, never does it talks about this is what sex is all about, and that bla bla, waxaas waa shuqul gaaleed, in our religion it always gives room to manoover.

also how would u think of, ur parents after they tell you about or educate u about s e x.. how would u picture them.. so for the sake of the ppl who shy, it is better that u tell the kid, the haram and the halal part of it.. and the consequences if u have s e x with out marriage, but anymore informations about this.. is extra. extra.. and not usefull, and disgustingly ceeb.. waan ka baxay.

Pucca   

^^who do u expect to to teach them?

i think its every mother's duty to educate her daughter on this topic, would u send her off to her wedding night not knowing what to expect?? thats kinda harsh...but oh well

and why is this so ceeb? how in god's name were you created?? u certainly didnt appear from the sky, and ur child will ask "mommy, daddy, where did i come from,how did i get here?" "you came from mommy's stomach" only works for so long...