Sign in to follow this  
Bess.

sex education.....yes or no?.....

Bess.   

i have been having a bit of an issue...i would like little more input from u guys......it seems that there is a growing epidemic of somali teenagers getting pregnant...and hidding it .....and because they don't know enough about sex education.....they've no idea how to deal with the situation.....and because of this ....one girl in ohio has killed her infant as a result has to face jail time.....i think that we should have some kind of sex/health/peer health center...that is run by young somali men and women...to help other young somali men and women.....what do u think?

yes or no.....give a valid reason....no personal attacks....or gender fueds... smile.gif

peace

besbaaso, walaalo i sincerely hope the thought of organizing a youth center where young somali men/women passing out pamphlets or brochures on having "save sex" or even advising the lustful ones on us "using protection" hadn't crossed your mind abaayo.

The best approach in this difficult time is to call them towards the "DIIN", towords their creator allaah subxaanah watacaalaa,teaching them islaam and the ways of rasuulul llaah (pbuh).

At one point in our lifes we were teens too, now we ought to think of what had stoped our ardent desires from being fulfilled in our primeyears, we have to put our selfes in their shoes and the circumstances they are in, the peer pressure or any other influence of that nature, we ought to corespond with them in any given situations/circumstance and so on and so forth.

So to answer your question i would have to say "YES",as long as all the necessary precautions are taken in the islamical point of view,most gentle and tender approachs are required in these type of predicaments, and insha allaah we will make du'aas for them

asxantu

the problem is that this society, in more ways than one, promotes promiscuity and downplays the responsibilities attached to it as well as the importance of marriage. it basically gives kids the idea that a simple contraceptive will absolve them of any responsibility, so they can go ahead and "act" married without "being" married. just today on the metro i saw 2 different ads almost right next to each other, one for condoms and another for birth control. it made me sick. i think most definitely we need to teach them, from an islamic perspective, the responsibilities and heavy sins they are loading upon themselves by conducting themselves in lewd manners, and stress the importance and beauty of chasteness and marital relationships.

ooh and to also teach em god is most merciful, most forgiving. she killed her baby, i see she was more scared of her mother than her creator.

that she sees the error of her ways, and allah guides her to something better. amiin

btw, havent we had this convo before?

Sex Education ??? what do we mean first about sex education ??

Do u think you can go back to Somalia and teach them sex education and they will accept ?? Walahi I'm sure they'll kill us by stone.

Maybe outside, Yes ,, basically we need such idea to be implemented immediately but how ??

I think the best way is to establish an organization chared by Besbaso ;) then discuss the ways to start the program.

My opinion is that we create a website and put every information there.

Is that right ???

nuune   

so for those who say it is okey to teach sex education, should we teach them that using condoms will prevent future popping up babies.

I strongly against the teaching of sex education, it is horrible, it promotes all kinds of stuff relating to intercource, what would a teenage think when he/she was told that it is safe to use condom, they would straight away use it for few dayz and then have sex without condom, that is the result= a popped up baby.

ps: sorry my simple english, I think u got my point.

OG_Girl   

Nuune, wallalo, western way about sex education is NOT to tell kids whatever they should have sex or not, "But in case they decide to do it, they should know ALL sexually diseases, such (STD,(VD),(AIDS) and pregnancy. They also should educated the risk ahead and the consiquenses so they know what they doing is not just few minuts to enjoy but there is a lot after that and responsibilities. giving sexual information doesn't mean saying is OK go have a sex!!

As a muslim parent is your job to educate your kids and cover morality associated with sex.

Reason why is not allowed pre-marital sex .

Anything which leads to wrong is also considered wrong.So we should not allow dating specially teenagers to Date.

Finally, educate your kids or others will teach them things you don't like, then don't blame any one put your self!!!.

Salam

EXCUSE ME? :eek: :eek: :eek:

THis is really funny.....

P.S. Trust me the information is out there...little kids nowadays know more about sex than you do. The question is DO THEY CARE? They have the eductation already...from friends, tv, net...the sources are endless.

P.S.S. Where are their family? All the education they neeed is supposed to start from home...esp Islamic. IF they were strong in their faith..there would be no need for this.

i will post my comment after ramadan! isha allah!

didnt someone say that there is time to play and time to get serious!! what time is it???

i would suggest to give a lil disgression as to topics, since this our holly month! just an fyi!

:eek: :eek: Somali parents talk about Sex?? yeah right, not in a million years. It's not part of our culture or religion.

So how should kids be educated about sex?? well just send them to Osama's boot camp...he will for sure teach them..alright! :mad: redface.gif

Bess.   

thanks 4 all ur thoughts.....just to clearify...i wasn't suggesting that we hand out contraceptives.....just handing out information....u know what they say...." for warned is for armed..."...i just want to let them know what the results of the few moments of pleasure are.....femme sis it is true that they know alot about sex...mostly trivial information....they need the hard facts.....like the diseases out there....the consequences of pregnancy....i was thinking of scaring them staright with tons of information.....show them ppl with aids, std's....pregnant girls like them.....i don't know about ur families ....but mine doesn't discuss sex....i think my mom once warned me about boys and where flattery can lead to...it was a horrible moment :eek: ...i don't know who was more embarrassed me or my mom.....i would have loved to have some one close to my age.....to talk to me about it...... smile.gif

ps.....jacayl bro ....i luv ur idea very constructive.....keep up the good work.....i guess jacayl ...isn't ur only forte....

Bambina   

Salam Alaykum

It is very important that Somalis get educated about sex as soon as they hit the adolescence .The emphasis should be put on the difference between the islamic sex education and the common sex education (contraceptives and diseases).

Teenagers should understand that the goal of an islamic education is to make you stop sinning by fearing Allah.Fearing Allah is crucial and this way you keep your faith intact.If on the contrary ,you put your faith in contraceptives , you will likely to commit zina.

Parents shouldnt be ashamed to tackle this issue but if they are inconfortable , they might ask a muslim health/peer centre to do it.But I truly believe parents should be the ones to talk about it.

And while you're at it , teenagers need to be educated about sins involving sex such as masturbation ,sodomy ,homosexuality or zina committed when not married and adultry. Parents/peer educators should state the rewards you get for obeying Allah and the punishments you deserve if you take the wrong path.

I don't think Parents can do anything towards Sex education. Do you think they know about it ??

I'm sure kids are better than the parents regarding this issue.

Hence, let's start the program Kids-Kids Sex education then later on we will teach our parents as well . . . :D