Sign in to follow this  
Chocolate and Honey

Contraception/Birth Control

Originally posted by nuune:

Soomaalidii hore waxey isticmaali jireen bulunqo lagu darey xulbad to prevent pregnancy.

Ma prescription ay Awliyada kaliya qoraanbaa? Wali ma maqal sheekadaa camal.

As for the thread I think it's all comes down to one's personal desire. It should never be an issue that needs consensus of the general public nor should it be mandated by a government as in the case of China.

Not to sound misanthropic but humans have become like locusts. It would be nice if people limited themselves to 2 kids or something.

And if some cataclysm wiped out half the people on Earth. (But I could never wish for something like that)

^^^ LOOOL

I think people should really look into family planning. I mean children are a blessing but if you can't take care of them, why be selfish?

Kool_Kat   

Family Planning = Happier Couple = Happier Children!

Raising a child requires time, money, patience, 'lots of' love, etc...Caruurta iska dhal ma'aha, and I see a lot of that in today's society!

^^

It's is not as black and white as you put it. I know many couples with many children who are happy and can provide for their children with all the things you mentioned. I also know a few couples who have 1 or 2 children, and can barely take care of them.

Therefore, there is no right or wrong number of kids to have, but it all depends upon a person's own personal abilities and choice to raise whichever number of kids.

Chimera   

I want two children, one son, one daughter, or two sons preferably. In the case of two daughters, i'm not comfortable with that thought and will lobby and grovel for a son, if it's again a girl i'm going to drive to Paris and scream from the Eifel Tower aaaahhh, then return home with chocolate and gifts for the Queen and three princesses.

3 children is Max.

Kamaavi   

Originally posted by nuune:

Soomaalidii hore waxey isticmaali jireen bulunqo lagu darey xulbad to prevent pregnancy.

Maxaa ilmo musqulo ku siibtay yaa? ,,,,, :D:D

Cabdow   

^ :D

I don't think Islam prevents the practice, as long as it's not done out of fear of poverty or a way to prevent contraception altogether (unless its health reasons) As Allah said in the Qur'an:

Don’t kill your children for fear of poverty;
it is We who provide sustenance for them and you
; verily killing them is a most heinous crime! (Al-Isra’: 31).

^^^ That verse alone is good enough for me to have as many as she can bear IA' smile.gif

Zakinah   

Salaams folks,

I am totally for family planning but it important that a muslim lives his/her according to the Quran& Sunnah.As Canjeex quoted the aayah above its forbidden to use family planning in fear of poverty.Allah is our sustainer.

Cara.   

^What does that mean exactly? Is it wrong for a family to decide they can't afford another child? It seems like that is the best reason to use contraception actually. Children die of hunger all the time!

Zakinah   

^Yes Cara, if u look into the ayah thats exactly what it means.

"Don’t kill your children for fear of poverty; it is We who provide sustenance for them and you; verily killing them is a most heinous crime! (Al-Isra’: 31).

Allah knows best!

Cara.   

^The ayah is saying that you not smother your 5 year-old because you don't think you'll be able to afford an Escalade to keep up with the Joneses. Where does contraception come into it? [no pun intended]

Juxa   

Irsaaqada alle baa haya but parents must think of best interest of their children.

i agree with duke, nothing less than my own army will do

Mr Prince, a man with daughters is most blessed ogoow. sons hmmmmmmmmm i guess one must accept what god gifts him with