Sign in to follow this  
Salma

The Red Day: I Hate the Valentine Day

I'm almost tempted to make something of this Valentine... last V-day left me a little scarred. I went to grab a bite at the only restaurant I assumed would not be pandering to this commercial joke... the Somali Restaurant at S'bush. And what do you know? They had a live singer jarring to the tunes of Lionel Richie (‘hello, is it me you’re looking for’…like no) and a red and white theme + flowers on each table. That + little xalimos and Farah's looking all pretty and smelling fine. If it wasn’t odd enough being the only 2 girls sitting there, we ran into this nomad who asked us 'haye, ma sidanaad ku dambeyseen'... the cheek!.

Well.. not this year… I’m not going to that restaurant. redface.gif

Cara.   

Originally posted by Curling Waterfall:

I'm almost tempted to make something of this Valentine... last V-day left me a little scarred. I went to grab a bite at the only restaurant I assumed would not be pandering to this commercial joke... the Somali Restaurant at S'bush. And what do you know? They had a live singer jarring to the tunes of Lionel Richie (‘hello, is it me you’re looking for’…like
no
) and a red and white theme + flowers on each table. That + little xalimos and Farah's looking all pretty and smelling fine. If it wasn’t odd enough being the only 2 girls sitting there, we ran into this nomad who asked us 'haye, ma sidaanaad ku dambeyseen'...
the cheek!

Well.. not this year…
I’m not going to that restaurant
redface.gif

LOL. That's awful. Awfully funny, I mean. "ma sidaanad ku dambeyseen"... ouch. Makes you out to be a couple of bitter 50-year old spinsters, huh?

Miriam1   

Valentines Day.um.Brings back memories of highschool, where one could send a rose and a bag of red M&M's to thier secret crushes in class. The anticipation,

*Will I get a rose this year?* And the greeneyed monster comes alive when the girl next you gets 4!, heck, i am much cuter then her you think...

Later I found out that 95% of those pakistani girls who got roses, sent it to themselves...

Who said? Valentines Haters are those who aren't in love, that is so true. I cant stand the day for now lol

^^^LoooL..am sure you are still in love....er'..with your self!..aren't you just beautiful?...repeat after me and stare at the mirror "..I'm beaufitul...am beautiful..." :D

keep sayin.....I'll be back...

:D

Cheers

Foxy   

Valentine’s day makes people sweat. What if you are in a new relationship? What if you are in an old one? What’s expected of us, should we bother, will we disappoint? Come 14th Feb you wake up feeling perfectly normal- no expectations and no worries, till you arrive at work when some chick from another department or across a desk away from you is going on about some inflated bunch of roses and another about heart-shaped chocolates she got, some might say oh how so romantic…..and there are the ones who refuse to take part and want everyone to know their feelings on it. Some might say Why on earth do you need an assigned day to show your loved ones you care...Geez “Valentine’s day is nothing but a ploy of the advertising world to make a bit more cash†Sure, maybe, but I can think of worse ways to make money apart from Valentine’s day …well there is the Mother’s day, Father’s day, Anniversary day, Earth Day heck there is even Give a tree a Hug Day and the rest of a long list… But sure is nice to spend a little time focused on your mom or your dad or your boyfriend or whoever. And that is the reason it’s OK to participate in V’day. Fair enough if you don’t want to cough up an inflated bunch of roses and heart-shaped chocolates or a night out in town with your loved one, then by all means keep on believing that Feb 14th is frankly the crummiest day of the year.

So come Tuesday, may, I suggest that all you non-believers just suck it up and try not being overly sentimental ;)

PS: for those who cant stand the day and might like to piss others off, how about you choose a romantic spot, anywhere starry-eyed couples are likely to be, Take a ghetto blaster and feel free to park yourself in the midst of all strawberry nipplers. set up a breakdancing mat, put some gansta rap on and get obnoxiously jiggy :D:D:D

cheers

Miriam1   

Legend lol, I have been deeply and madly inlove with myself for awhile, affirmations are not need.. redface.gif *Promise to be humble in the next post*

All I need now is to find someone upto my standards to share this love !

B just 'cos you know i like the challange dont thing you can bad talk your way into affections.

shehehe, caly-i-like-it-so, after all we've been through together, you know pace is for the old men, us young gunz have a-lot-a love to give and now in the words of john lee hooker

--urnm with the 'from the base of the belly gravelly voice and the strum of the blues guitar in the background:

Sugar mamas sugar mamas

Sugar mamas please come on back to me

Sugar mamas sugar mamas

Sugar mamas please come on back to me

Yes, bring me back my sugar, baby

Please ease my misery

Yes, I'm crazy about my sugar sugar mamas

Ain't nobody else got but you two

Yes, I'm crazy about my sugar sugar mamas

Ain't no-one else got but you two

Well, you got that granulate sugar sugar mamas

You done made me love you two

Yes, Blessed braggin' about your sugar sugar

Baby Blessed been braggin' about it all over SOL

ummmmmmm, um ummmumm umummu uummm

Yes, she braggin' about my sugar sugar

Evrywhere i go sugar, sugar mamas aah sure can hear your name

She been braggin' about it all over SOL

Well, now the nomads want to buy it to make juice baby

But i know you don't wanna sell them nothing

noh no noh no, noo

yeah i'm crazy about sugar,

sugar mamas because you ease my pain

Yeah and you know, you know, you know

I'm crazy about my coffee, sweet in the morning

the Same thing with my tea at night baby, umm huh

You know I love my coffee sweet in the early morning baby

Same thing with my tea at night

ooh yeah

You know I love my coffee sweet in the early morning baby

Same thing with my tea at night

ooh yeah

Well, if I don't get my sugar

Oh yes, you know I don't feel right

^ Me too. Except, this is the first valentine's that I'm not single, so I was feeling a bit ambivalent towards it. That is, until faarax told me that he's going to dump me if I even mention the V-word. The damn cheek! :mad:

^ the cheek of it, dump the buffoon first and join my camp, there is space for just one more :D . Let me know in time and i'll redo our suga anthem for three ;)

Dear Ms Ahura,

It has just been bought to our attention that you have been pleading for Mr. NGonge's lame heart. Due to our strict policy on second hand baggage, i am obliged to formally imform you that your reckless actions disqualify you from our suga-boat of delight and that your application has been rejected.

Best regards

--