Sign in to follow this  
Salma

The Red Day: I Hate the Valentine Day

Gag!! Brown, that article was so bad it was good. :D What a howler.

Classique, I'm with you on the V Day crap. Some drunk guy propositioned me the night before V Day this year. The only reason I didn't bite his head off was that he's very shy and polite when not under the influence. The next day he kept away from me but at some point said I was a very good person. Later he gave me a flower and walked away shyly.

I attract all kinds...it can be mortifying.

Down with V Day.

Rahima   

To the rest of you girls, if pple decide to go on ahead and celebrate with or without having any knowledge about V-day or how it was originated, then its upto them to answer to allah come judgement day.

Let the muslim pple make the choices for themselves, without any preaching from know it all folks.

To the poster, if you are irritated by all the fuss that comes with v-day, then turn a blind eye.

No one is holding a gun over your head and demanding that you cheer up about v-day

Rasuallah s.c.w said that whenever you see an evil, change it with your hand, if you are unable to do this, then change it with your tongue and if you are unable to do that at least hate it in your heart and this is the lowest level of iman (paraphrased).

It is the responsibility of every Muslim to do whatever they can against evil, if speaking out against it is the way, then the sister is correct smile.gif .

juba   

Originally posted by Rahima:

It is the responsibility of every Muslim to do whatever they can against evil, if speaking out against it is the way, then the sister is correct
smile.gif

so your suggesting i go out in the streets with a megaphone and scream "Down with Valentines Day!!!!!" i just don't think its that serious. Its not like its forced down our throats, that would be a whole nother topic.

Juba.

so your suggesting i go out in the streets with a megaphone and scream "Down with Valentines Day!!!!!" i just don't think its that serious. Its not like its forced down our throats, that would be a whole nother topic.

LOL. :D Good one.

Laakin who da hell will see you? PPL will be tripping over you. Such a Dwarf you are. :D

Salma   

Originally posted by juba:

quote:Originally posted by Rahima:

It is the responsibility of every Muslim to do whatever they can against evil, if speaking out against it is the way, then the sister is correct
smile.gif

First of all, the problem of Muslims celebrating non-islamic occasions is not a small thing, if you consider it not serious then you are mistaken. Its a very serious issue.

2nd, the problem gets bigger & bigger when its happening inside our Islamic Socities.

3rd, Iam sure if followed our Prophet Muhammed (SAAW) and his instructions about rejecting evil that will save us all from these troubles. You can change Evil with your hands (By Force, Pen and spreading awareness & informing/reminding Muslims), if you couldnt then speak out against it, if you couldnt then reject it from your heart and thats the lowest form of Iman.

Juba: Few words from your lips can change lots of wrong things and you'll be rewarded inshalla. So How about starting with words(Reminders/advices) first? and see how it will work.

The other day I was reading an article in a newspaper about Hindus protesting against the Valentine Day in India. The Hindus consider it a breaking to their own cultures and religion, and they made a Rally to show their frustration and dissatification against their government for allowing the celebration of the Valentine.

The news source described them as "Hardline Hindus", will I laughed at that moment, coz MOSTLY nowadays those who disagree with your religion, principles,morals, beliefs,ideas will call describe you as: Hardline, Old Fashioned, terrorists, Dark-aged-person, Caveman/woman, extermist,Love Haters, Enemy of Liberty and Love bla bla bla .

But let them stay in this attitude,,,, One Day they will figure out for sure smile.gif

The question now is: Isnt our turn also to speak against the evil that's controlling our Socities?

Or you think its NOT that serious ????

juba   

Originally posted by Classique:

The question now is: Isnt our turn also to speak against the evil that's controlling our Socities?

thats exatly it, its NOT my society and its not my COUNTRY therefore i really shoudn't delve into their issues. These holidays are usually never celebrated in Somalia so whats the point?

Im guessing u live somewhere in UAE or some other khaleedj country. im also guessing its happening there. What do u plan to do about it? smile.gif

Originally posted by juba:

quote:Originally posted by Classique:

thats exatly it, its NOT my society and its not my COUNTRY therefore i really shoudn't delve into their issues. These holidays are usually never celebrated in Somalia so whats the point?

Im guessing u live somewhere in UAE or some other khaleedj country. im also guessing its happening there. What do u plan to do about it?
smile.gif
Actually they have celebrated in xamar for the Valentine's day...hehehe..they called it " maalinkii Jacaylka" ;)

Anyhow I am thinkin there are more pressing issues than dwelling too much on commercially motivated V-day...

Classique...er..do u prefer black roses by any chance???

Cheers

^ Shehehehe please send me a PM and i'll send you PO BOX to send a smell sample to.

Btw i havent read the thread this is the forst msg i saw and yep V. day is baaaddd i tell ya

Blessed   

^Bugger off Waaryaa. This xaliimoo is MINE!

Castro, LOL Yassinkana ku dar.

Sheh.

I know that you know that I know that you like that I like smelling you because you like smelling me too..It's in your words. :D

On the topic, V.day is for sheep.

Castro   

^ Blessed, them grazing rights are in real danger now. :D

Sheh waa laysku layn bay ila tahay. Ruuxii rooni reerka (sheh) ha u hadho. :D