Sign in to follow this  
Salma

The Red Day: I Hate the Valentine Day

Bess.   

chicka....u sound a little worked up....i find it ironic that u have the energy to type all this ....considering u r so lazie and all....i must've hit on some nerves....chillaxe.... ;) ....hey....peace on earth..... : :rolleyes:

dawoco   

lol ppl, who would have thought valentines would invoke such emotions :confused:

Personally i blame it on chauvinist for aiding a burning fire by addin some gasoline to it icon_razz.gif

Lazy, sis i wasn't trying but jst writin my view on the whole "buy me flowers" phenomena. What it actually said relies entirely on how it was interpreted individually i gues ;)

ps: Glad to see u back in action tho, uncensored and calling it as u see it :D

Gediid   

Easy ppl ,this is supposed to be the day of love and not hating.Wait till the 15th to let loose your anger...... :D

Salma   

Originally posted by juba:

so you hate Vday because some muslims celebrate it?

I hate everything wrong we (as Muslims) try to follow and imitate. I hate that we give big attention to such occasions and less attention to Eids and Islamic events.

This post is supposed to give brotherly advice and a reminder LazyGirl, besides Muslims should remind each others as brothers and sisters. I was reminded by my teacher and I won't mind giving what I was told when I realised that its the truth.

Besides, who talked about flowers, chocos, gifts and said that they are not acceptable or demanded. No, will you nomads concetrate plz. I just said don't go with the current crazy flow in everything and celebrate any occasions without knowledge period, that's all.

Have a good Day All & concetrate on the content of the advice not about the sayer of the advice.

Salam

so girls....what are you getting your Boo?

I'm still thinking about what to get him but i know i'll get him something nice. Valentines day AKA couples day is very important and it needs to be celebrated. Giving your partner a gift on that day its just one of traditions of relationships.....so i dont see whats the big fuss.

chicka....u sound a little worked up....i find it ironic that u have the energy to type all this ....considering u r so lazie and all....i must've hit on some nerves....chillaxe.... ....hey....peace on earth.....

...what the----...?

I understand you have nothing to add to what I said to you, but why did you write my words back to me? DOes that even make sense to you? Did you read what you wrote before you posted it, spicy?(I don't think you did)

PS:

This post is supposed to give brotherly advice and a reminder LazyGirl, besides Muslims should remind each others as brothers and sisters

Ima have to watch dumb and dumber again, so I can have a better understanding on what these girls are talking about.

juba   

Originally posted by Jilaato_Cambo:

.....so i dont see whats the big fuss.

from what i understand (now) its not good to celebrate western/chrisitan/gaal holidays. even though the Vday has nothing "christiany" about it. kinda like Haloween and Thanksgiving

thalamus   

CLASSIQUE

thank you abaayo for passing on the words of wise and may ALLAH reward you..

LAYZIEGIRL: u need to chilling abaayo... we understood besbaaso's point. so if your frontal lobe is not processing thoughs don't take it out on her .

Besbaaso: smile.gif

Pucca   

funny how fast sparks can fly. :rolleyes:

back to the topic, celebrating western holidays; correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't there a similar celebration back home? they celebrated mother's day, father's day, etc..to them perhaps it was simply a day to show your loved ones how much they mean to you, i doubt it had anything to do with the church and its beliefs. whatever the case, a muslim isn't suppose to take part in non-islamic celebration and he/she should not imitate their way of life.

ps.thanks for sharing classique

Charisma   

Classique sis u r so right about this ,we should not be like ganam n just do stuff coz others r also doing it.

besides i know for a fact that guys r dragged into thi sissue coz his GF will be angry if does not, so he is not even happy when he is going to the shops to buy u some think on that particualr day.

instead everyon eshould have their own special time or day when they want to express their love, n yaa7abatha if it was always ,right claasique ;)

Salma   

^^^ 7elwa ya7abatha hathee :D

Now a simple question for the Valentine and such celebrations Supporters:-

Do you think its a simple thing to imitate others in certain things (actions, words, celebrations,,etc) even if you don't believe on these things?! and if you don't consider it imitation then what you call it?!

Coz some ppl say: I don't care about the concept or the core of the christmas/ Easter/ Valentine/ Halloween,,,etc but I celebrate them just for fun. If I celebrate them it doesnt mean that I do believe on them??!!

Do you think/find that a simple & normal thing??!!

Salam

J.Lee   

Shit happens unless you're constipated (Word, 2005)

Kcuf Valentines Day, I celebrate my love all year round.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion and whether you choose to celebrate it or not is up to you but I just think V-day/Anniversaries are highly overated.

I mean how is taking one out to dinner, buying flower that will wilt, and chocolate that will be eaten or childish teddy bears or toys prove your love or show some one you care?

Postscriptum,

In the words of Rodney King, Can we all just get along.....

You are from Seattle eh?

heres an alternative for you folks out there(includng me who hate Vday!)

But please rem to Make xalal. :D

SEATTLE, Washington (AP) -- This Valentine's Day, forget the flowers and chocolate. Cherie Byrd has a better idea: Learn to pucker up.

Byrd, a psychotherapist who teaches kissing, thinks Americans should use their lips to speak to their sweethearts instead of their wallets.

"We're so money-oriented, so consumer-oriented that our relationships get drawn into that quality as well," she said. "This is one day when we might want to step back from this sense of possession and ask ourselves: What is the real gift we want to offer our beloved?"

For Byrd, the answer is clear: A smooch. And with this gift, it's definitely the thought that counts.

"A lot of people say, 'Am I putting too much tongue? Is there too much nibbling? Is there too much mashing of lips? Well, all of those things can get in the way. More importantly what gets in the way is there's no connection. It's kind of a dead fish kiss that's the real bummer," she said.

Byrd, author of "Kissing School: Seven Lessons on Love, Lips and Life Force," has instructed 400 couples in one-day "playshops." Her advice? Breathe, concentrate and engage "the electricity in your body."

Or more precisely: "Cultivate the art of the merging of the lips and the merging of the heart and the merging of the connection with your partner."

Sound a little advanced? Step one: Relax.

"Slowing way down is really helpful, getting really focused, really feeling into your own heart," she said.

Step two: Make eye contact and deliver a message -- perhaps of love or tenderness.

"Whatever that message is, it needs to be carried into the quality of the kiss," she said.

Step three: Forget multitasking; pay attention.

"Focusing is essential and it means all of you, right down to the curling of your toes needs to be engaged in this," she said.

If after all that, the kiss fails to deliver, maybe you should find another Valentine. A bad kiss, Byrd said, "foretells the kind of disconnect that might be happening should the relationship continue."

I]