Sign in to follow this  
QUANTUM LEAP

Life Mogadishu Slides...

Saalixa   

In pictures: Mogadishu life

Taking off

Mogadishu’s international airport can no longer be used by airplanes.

Instead, the runway has become home to herds of camels, sheep and cows.

Private businessmen have set up airstrips around the city and international flights continue to Kenya and Dubai.

Are they for real??? Why is it theyy get only the worst places out of the photo shots???it makes me angry coz i know Moqdisho is alot beter than that but non somalis will only be disgusted.

Xoogsade   

Rayaana, The purpose of the link was to highlight Only the difficulties that exist in Xamar, hence, the adversity and the dipilitation shown in the pictures. On the other hand, there is brilliant progress made in every aspect and localities expanded far and wide with modern houses, business is the best in east africa, and etc. People are optomistic over there regardless.

OG Moti   

You all see what is waiting for us.. do something before its too late.. and dont tell me it is too late already.. cause it is not..

Allah kariim

Peace

intresting Quantem leap..so you still taking in part saving everyone in troube...lol..

this was kind of nice..He said telecommunication is well organized emails and cell phones and that most somalis are literate..good thing right..

one question though, what is this 2003

chevy tahoe doin in somalia..?on top left..

12.jpg

Man atleast the camels look healthy. I wouldnt know where to begin to climb this two humped animal. Perhaps some geel jiree around here can help tell us the finer points of camel riding.

OG Moti   

War geelii na wey iga dhaceen, waxa lasheegay geeleygii qabridahare aan kuhayey ayaa xamar hada marmaraya, yaab, ma anigaa yaabin, geela uun ha la ii soo celiyo, caku ciil badanaa, geelii aan aduunka kulahaa baaba loo soo dhigtay..

Allah kariim

Peace