Suldaanka

Somaliland Finance Minister - 2018 Tax Revenue predicted to be 30% higher than 2017 Budget

Mooge   

Fake numbers as usual. No accountable audit is ever done in that enclave so expect all numbers to be fake as usual. 

The latest World Bank report says Somalia (Excluding Somaliland) collected a total of 217 million. 

"The consolidated domestic revenue of the FGS and the FMS reached $217 million in 2017, equivalent to 3 percent of GDP (Figure A.2). The FGS accounted for 66 percent, Puntland 27 percent, Jubaland 6 percent, and South West and Galmudug together 0.8 percent of all revenue" Page 55.

World Bank Report 2018 

Somaliland's domestic revenue for 2017 was 276 million.  For 2018, Somaliland budget is expected to expand at a staggering 82.8 million increase over 2017, for a total of 358 million.

Somaliland's forcasted budget increase of 82.8 million for 2018 is almost equivelent to the combined 2017 budgets for all the FMS including Puntland, Jubbaland , SW, Hirshabelle which together was 95.5 million for 2017.

2-2.jpg

Source: Somaliland:Study on SL Government Budgets from 2010 Up To 2017

• Like 1

What was this year budget of Somaliland  I think in 2017 It was 370 million dollars. I think during President  muse BIixi  term we should reach one billion dollar. With all the influx of hard currency the dp  world and the military base This new finance minister he is pretty good skilled. Aslong as we  fight corruption we can uplift our GDP per capita. What's important is the distribution of wealth in all six regions in Somaliland. If we work on this the sky is the limit for Somaliland. 

15 minutes ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

What was this year budget of Somaliland  I think in 2017 It was 370 million dollars. I think during President  muse BIixi  term we should reach one billion dollar. With all the influx of hard currency the dp  world and the military base This new finance minister he is pretty good skilled. Aslong as we  fight corruption we can uplift our GDP per capita. What's important is the distribution of wealth in all six regions in Somaliland. If we work on this the sky is the limit for Somaliland. 

That was the budget but due to the drought and spending on elections, it came short. This year, the increase is inline with the 2017 projections for the budget. 

• Like 1