Che -Guevara

What's the true population of the Somali nation?

Aroori   

according to wiki; we are 27 million ( 26,920,075 to be exact) . but i agree with ducaale, Somalis in the horn are no less than 30 million.

Somalida iyo faankooda. If Somalis are 30 million, surely you will have mega cities of 2 million plus. At the moment only Mogadishu claims 2 million, Hargeisa claims 1 million. Djibouti is < 500k. 

All the other towns are mere 300k or less. 

So how can there be 30 million?

I think Google is right, 15 - 18 million sounds plausible. 

Aroori   
4 minutes ago, Suldaanka said:

I think Google is right, 15 - 18 million sounds plausible

15 million estimation is only for Somali republic. but if you add up all 5 territories it comes to 27 million. 

Aroori   
3 minutes ago, Oodweyne said:

10 millions at tops, plus another million at the most generous extra you can conceivable get in here. The rest is just the usual guest estimation on the wild side of things.

Question is; the entire race living in the horn?

Tallaabo   

I agree with Oodwayne. The Somali population in the entire world is probably not more than 18 million. 12 in the former Republic, 3 in Ethiopia, 2 in Kenya, 700K in Djibouti, 300K dayuusbaro. 

Tallaabo   

I know why Che is asking this question now. He has probably read the absurd claims of the opinion-piece writer in HOL who said we are nearly 50 million!!! Personally I prefer the smaller population as it can be managed more easily and given an improved standard of life more quickly if we manage to sort out our political mess. 

Does anyone have some good statics from reputable sources about the respective populations of our neighboring communities in the Horn? 

Populations of the Oromo, Afar, Tigre, Amhara and even the Kikuyu and other Nilotic peoples in our immediate vicinity? 

Much obliged.

13 hours ago, Tallaabo said:

I know why Che is asking this question now. He has probably read the absurd claims of the opinion-piece writer in HOL who said we are nearly 50 million!!! Personally I prefer the smaller population as it can be managed more easily and given an improved standard of life more quickly if we manage to sort out our political mess. 

Good guess but that's not it. I was wondering how the UN and other NGOs decided the number of Somalis that are at risk of famine or other natural catastrophes. Every Somali region in the Horn is affected by droughts among other things.