Sign in to follow this  
Warrior of Light

Inequality, here we go again...

J.Lee   

Xu, lol Thank You.

Supuu, you state; I think these Muslim women were taught better and I'm inclined to ask by whom?

Furthermore, you claim there is something that needs to be done, (we are in agreement) but all I'm saying is, it's a situation that is abnormal to you because of your sense of right and wrong influenced may add by alot of forces that you're exposed to whereas they think it's quite normal and that there is nothing wrong with the way they are being treated, so tell me how are they supposed to unify in order to combat mysoginistic views when by everything they've been thought and exposed to makes the situation quite normal to them?

P.s My attitude isn't pessimistic but rather realistic and I know it isn't just eastern cultures that mistreat women but western cultures as well, it is just that the article had more to do with a Eastern culture.

Gabbal   

Ms Word, what I'm seeing is a lack of understanding between yourself and Supuu. Your responses are parallel, I don't see how you two went this far without understanding each other :confused:

>>>>Please just remove ISLAM from this crap..or don't even think ISLAM has caused you any problems...

You are relating ISLAM to unfairness which is not the same..

Thank you all... smile.gifsmile.gif

OG_Girl   

Ms Word, what I'm seeing is a lack of understanding between yourself and Supuu. Your responses are parallel, I don't see how you two went this far without understanding each other

Mr Horn , you just read my mind icon_razz.gif

MsWord, If your comments about Arabs just from this artical, I would make you feel better by telling you that Iran isn't Arab country or even Arab cultured they are persian , If you call Iranian person an Arab is just you calling Somali person an Ethiopian! Hope you understand my point.

The Rendezvous, what are you talking about man! you are confusing me :confused: The girl is not talking about Islam, she is talking about " eastern culture"... you need to wear your glasses dear icon_razz.gif

Salam

May be 'You should wear some glasses'..Iranians are persians..Right..Eastern..but You included Prophet Mohamed who ain't Iranian.. smile.gif ..

That was where we brought ISLAM...and arabs..We ain't saying arabs have the best culture around but due to their 'Crook culture'..it was ISLAM that came to tame them..

Most importantly..who can argue that there is no equality in ISLAM..maybe u are assuming IRAN ain't ISLAMIC country...

Can you say...the name of the country..?

ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF IRAN..

But they deviated from ISLAMIC Teachings.. smile.gif

OG_Girl   

^^You either confused or you just talking for sake of talking!...Eastern cultures included Indian culture, Asians( Japanesse, Chiness...etc)Even included Somali culture!.

Can you quote me where I even talked about prophet (ASW) or even Islam culture , islam teaching?

Man, go argue some where else , you trying to drag us to pointless arguements.

Salam

Senora   

You really don’t give these women much credit. You see, I think they know better. These muslim women have the Quran ; the highest source of authority towards our way of life, enforcing equality for all. What I argued/opposed all along was not the idea that this is common, or “normalâ€, but this apprehension towards change. I get the feeling that you agree with me in believing this situation is in fact, wrong. But your conformist attitude is very disgusting. And you’re not helping.

You gotta have heart to fight this. Acknowledgement ( though you seem to believe that this is the highest achievement possible for these “eastern†women) aint enough.

Comprende? If not, oh well……... you probably never will.

J.Lee   

^^^ Lets just agree to disagree.

You find my attitude disgusting, I find yours quite naive.

OG-Girl- lol I'm not that impressionable, I heard on numerous accounts how despicable Arab culture is toward women, from women who have lived there including some of my relatives, as for Iranian being persians instead of Arabs is kind of like saying "It's a tomato instead of Tamato", basically they are quite similiar except of different ethnicites, be that as it may, I wasn't implying nor stating that Iranians were Arabs but I was rather pointing out that many Eastern cultures have mysoginistic views especially the Arab culture.

OG_Girl   

Msword, as an Arab( by culture and by blood) I can asure you that we got nothing incommon with Iranian other than Islam!

Some other cultures even mistake between Somalis and Ethiopians or even Sudanese and I think that is your case. I remember one of my class mate our Science teacher asked her " are u from Sudan? and the girl replied " No I am from Somalia" . The teacher said with her egyption accent " they are all same"!! Note Sudan is next door to Egypt and once where one country Sudan and egypt! redface.gif

Just like I argue you that your culture and Ethiopian are same ;)

Any ways , I think I can understand where you comming from, You judging us from outside of our culture and also from stander of where you live ( west). I agree that Arab( Muslim ones) need to practise Islam rather than mixing with some cultures ( this case is most in Khaliij and Jordan) and stop imitating western cultures ( In egypt and lebonese and other part of Arab world)!

PS:We are not only different by race but language, culture..etc..just like Indian muslims or Afganistans . But if you are still insist we are "same" then I think I have to stick with my brothers and sisters in Persian Gulf , I mean Arabian Gulf ;) I have no choices do I? :D

Salam

Tuujiye   

OG-Girl...from the past experience you have is obvious how smart you have grown..I'm so Happy for you sweety..ahhhhhhhhhh...so smart

wareer badanaa!!!!

juba   

Originally posted by OG_Girl:

Msword, as an Arab( by culture and by blood) I can asure you that we got nothing incommon with Iranian other than Islam!

PS:We are not only different by race but language, culture..etc..just like Indian muslims or Afganistans .
But if you are still insist we are "same" then I think I have to stick with my brothers and sisters in Persian Gulf , I mean Arabian Gulf
;)
I have no choices do I?
:D

Salam

Og girl why do you always turn everything into an arab thing? i don't think anyone said anything about your people. Someone said iranians and arabs are the same and u get defensive. Stick to the freakin subject. its like the only time u respond is to back up Arabs or what not! We GET it your arab ok thats nice! smile.gif