Sign in to follow this  
Warrior of Light

Inequality, here we go again...

Asalaam aleykum,

I beleive most of you may have heard of the case of the Iranian maiden and her 2 male partners sentencing on the sin of fornication on the news. Personally,it only proves again that Muslims in the justice department arent applying the Shariah properly. Arent we supposed to follow the Quraan wholeheartedly and punish equally? They confessed their sins why was the sentence lighter for the males?

Iran girl gets 100 lashes for sex

The UN has criticised Iran over its treatment of women and girls

A teenage girl and two young men in Iran have been sentenced to lashes for having sex.

The court dismissed the girl's claim that she was raped. It said she had sex of her own free will, the official Iran Daily newspaper reported.

The girl was sentenced to 100 lashes because her accusations of rape and kidnap could have landed her partners a death penalty, the Tehran judge said.

Sex outside marriage is illegal in Iran and capital punishment can be imposed.

The young men in the case were sentenced to 30 and 40 lashes each.

Rights violations

The Iran paper quotes the girl, who has not been named, as confessing: "I trusted one of these young men, whom I got to know by phone, and went to his place.

"But because he betrayed me, I filed the case against him and his friend out of revenge."

International concerns continue to be raised about women's rights in Iran.

In December the UN General Assembly voted to censure Iran for human rights violations, including discrimination against women and girls.

Tehran rejected the criticism as propaganda.

Under Iranian law, girls over the age of nine and boys over 16 face the death penalty for crimes such as rape and murder, while capital punishment can be imposed in certain cases of illegal sexual relationships.

This what Allah says on this matter

In the name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful.

Surah 24 AL-NOOR (THE LIGHT)

A sura which We have sent down and which We have ordained in it have We sent down Clear Signs, in order that ye may receive admonition

The woman and the man guilty of adultery or fornication,- flog each of them with a hundred stripes: Let not compassion move you in their case, in a matter prescribed by Allah, if ye believe in Allah and the Last Day: and let a party of the Believers witness their punishment.

That is flog them equally 100 stripes. Confused :confused:

Qac Qaac   

what the Iranies do and what islam says, are two different things.. and I agree with u.. I doubted if those ppl are using islam the right way... lots of ppl are hijacking islam for their own benefit gain.

underdog   

Considering the fact that we don't know what actually happened with her and the two men

What if she willingly took part in the act? what if she did that and then tried to save her own a$$ by accusing the men of rape?

Consider that for moment...there is chance she is not a victim.

if that is indeed the case, I think she deserves more lashes than the men because her false statements could cause the men to get executed.

Considering the fact that we don't know what actually happened with her and the two men

True but we do know that she had an appointment with one of them.

What if she willingly took part in the act? what if she did that and then tried to save her own a$$ by accusing the men of rape?

She was charged as a willing person. The accusation of rape wasnt accepted.

Consider that for moment...there is chance she is not a victim.

if that is indeed the case, I think she deserves more lashes than the men because her false statements could cause the men to get executed.

She Confessed of the sin as she put it "wanted revenge". Thus according to shariah she can be punished no need of 4 witness.

I assume she was examined by a doctor to say that it was a willing act. And to free the men from the execution penalty.

If she was to get more lashings it would have been over 100 as thats Allahs limit.And the men got there 100 slashes.

Allah yaalam

Senora   

Both the men and the girl were to recieve 100 lashes each.....i dont see how they got under 50?? :confused:

I'm more angry at this...

Under Iranian law, girls over the age of nine and boys over 16 face the death penalty for crimes such as rape and murder, while capital punishment can be imposed in certain cases of illegal sexual relationships

What the hell is up with the seven year differrence?? And if their rationale is the point of puberty...throw me a freaking bone,...dont boys reach puberty, on average, a year later than girls....???

Women, dont stand for this crap!

Senora   

Silence is Starvation

Its not that some women dont have the choice....... Some women just Choose to endure this crap.....

Dont go around spreading that lie. Thats what they want you to believe.

A/calaykum.

I hate the use of the term 'inequality'. If Allah sets something for us in Quran or elsewhere, we have to accept it. That is what Islam is all about: Submission. [not in this particular case, but that is the beef that i've with the word]

Besides, as others said, Islam is pure and just. People are humans and will always have biased views on affairs.

It happens everywhere. What would you say about the thousands of females workers in the UK who have been sacked for becoming pregnant? Isn't unfairness to women? And some of the very bosses who have sacked them were females!

Accept it and move on, if you can't change the views of the society fundamentally.

W/salaam.

A/calaykum.

I hate the use of the term 'inequality'. If Allah sets something for us in Quran or elsewhere, we have to accept it. That is what Islam is all about: Submission. [not in this particular case, but that is the beef that i've with the word]

Besides, as others said, Islam is pure and just. People are humans and will always have biased views on affairs.

It happens everywhere. What would you say about the thousands of females workers in the UK who have been sacked for becoming pregnant? Isn't unfairness to women? And some of the very bosses who have sacked them were females!

Accept it and move on, if you can't change the views of the society fundamentally.

W/salaam.

Originally posted by Aniga:

Are you saying that people shouldn't speak out if they can't change anything? Sure they won't make any radical changes, but persistent condemnation by a few will over time fuel the resistance of many. Even just talking about crimes against humanity does a little to combat, because what you're really doing is creating a culture where these things are taboo. This combined with active action will accumulate in change, and in these situations any change is good.

It doesn't do much for us to cry 'Western Propaganda" everytime a fault within our own Muslim cultures is highlighted. It is a shame that the West is more vocal (for whatever dubious reason) in addressing these issues than Muslims are.

I assume she was examined by a doctor to say that it was a willing act. And to free the men from the execution penalty.

How can you prove someone was not raped?

How can you prove someone was not raped?

The things they can do these days.

Apparently they can tell a regular entry vs forced entry. V-Trauma they call it. icon_razz.gif or so i have heard.

Eitherways, if it was a western country, i BET you on my baked tomatoes, that the guys will have been CHARGED WITH RAPE.

Lets face it,some islamic nations tilt slightly towards men's side.

juba   

Originally posted by Brown:

[

Lets face it,some islamic nations tilt slightly towards men's side.

yea like every other major religon

Asalaam aleykum

Suupu,

I assume they put the limit of 9 years for females as that is the youngest age a girl can menstruate =Baliigh. But the truth is mentally she is still a child.

Aniga,

How can we just accept it. As we as Muslims know our shariah and these Islamic regime has concluded the case indifference to Allahs law.

Xu,

As brown has said it can be proved, You can check it up in a forensic medicine book if interested. Tears and lacerations occur different from willful entry.

Brown,

The thing I like the western countries is they always think of the worst then they prove that the person is innocent with evidence. So the case would have had alot of professionals talking with experience then well we could have heard the truth.And lived with it.

What a shame, even in the Islamic world the Word of Allah isnt inforced properly. Ya Rabbi, where are we to run to ?

Senora   

I hate the use of this quote

This act of submission towards the status quo is disgusting.....

Are you saying that people shouldn't speak out if they can't change anything? Sure they won't make any radical changes

I think they can. You see the problem is the lacking of mutual effort. Everyne seems to acknowledge the problem, but none are willing to do something . There was a post about the Velvet Revolution few weeks back, for those who know about it, who could have predicted such? Hardly any.