Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Sun, Sea and Halal

Ibtisam   

I am not kidding, I was online searching for some tickets and I came across this;

http://www.sunseahalal.com/

Islamic travel/ beach holidays! I was wondering when Muslim countries will notice that aside from the drunken western tourist, they should probably cater for others too, particularly the none partying, not drinking crew.

Segregated swimming pools, spa, Hamam and fitness centre Kid’s play area, pools, entertainment and activities

Islamic Evening entertainment including nashids,

comedians and women only pamper night

Water sports such as river rafting and yatching

Visit to the medieval Alanya Castle and remains of a Seljuk village, the Red Tower and nearby Damlatas Caves.

I am so there inshallah, next year.

Nice find.. looks good! And I've always wanted to go to Turkey. Not sure the website looks authentic though.. have heard of too many Turkey holiday packages that were nothing like the brochure or package.

Ibtisam   

^^No idea but I am sure they have a naughty step for spoilers. icon_razz.gif

Serenity that is always the worry, hence why I said next year, by then I'm hoping for some feed back.

The best way to enjoy a country is to not go to a tourist area in the first place, be it a xalaal or xaraam tourist area.

Just do some independent traveling, it's SO MUCH more worth it.

Cara.   

^Exactly. And you will have better stories to tell about being mugged by assorted riffraff, bitten by feral children, and getting cholera from drinking iffy water to boot. Much more interesting than how the hotel maids stole your iPod one time.

Ibtisam   

The site works fine.... for me at least. Try going via google then. Not a good sign though. :D

Lool @ Cara, neither one sounds like a holiday I want to take.

sherban lol, yes but safety is a big issue, lone women travelers are easy target. Plus I have already done the whole trekking on my own in god forsaken places, stumbling on randomness and getting blisters. For once now I want to go on a kick back holiday of just sea, sun and some fun without coming back in pain, bruised and blistered and in need of a holiday to recover from the holiday.

Blessed   

http://www.ottomantour.com/

I've always wanted to visit Turkey (and everywhere else..) but the intenrary looks too rigid. Not a fan of organised tours - like Shereban I like to mingle with the locals and do as they do..would be nice if threw in some free days, so you can do important things like shopping, xamaams, shopping, people watching, shopping...get lost and having to use the local language and err. shopping.

Castro   

Segregated swimming pools ... Islamic Evening entertainment including nashids....

Sounds like a jolly good time. Nothing makes a vacation more memorable than a pool full of men and nashids at night. lol.

Naden   

Originally posted by Castro:

quote:
Segregated swimming pools ... Islamic Evening entertainment including nashids....

Sounds like a jolly good time. Nothing makes a vacation more memorable than a pool full of men and nashids at night. lol.
:D:D

Today's large developers and investors are absolute fools to ignore the muslim/halal demographic in marketing goods and services.

I think I would pass on a chance to get beauty treatments and swim with a bunch of catty, gossipy women and their brats. And no eye candy too, pfffttt :rolleyes: