Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Asia's Unwanted Girls

Thirty baby girls were foumd in truck at stop in china. The babies were staffed in suitcases. Each suit case contain two babies. Unfortunately , some babies were found dead and lucky others were saved. Horrors like this are repeated in Asia where girls were valued less. This is even problematic in China where one child policy allows only child per family. In society where boys are preferred over girls, parents resort sonograms to check the baby's sex, A female children are often aborted. Those who can't afford doctors simply give away their children. India too has indulged in simaliar crimes where girls are either desposed or simply sold into slavery. The indian culture dictates that a bride should pay the dowry when she is getting married. It is the responsibilty of the bride's parent to pay the dowry. This involves building new house for the couple, paying to the groom's family and whole alot other things. This is deeply rooted in their culture. In society which over a billion and millions live under poverty, marraige becomes a business. Grooms look the for the bride that pays most!. Having baby boy is more preferably to the most parents of India.The murdering of innocent girls is indeed one of the greatest crimes any could commit. Age old cultures and lack goverment involment hasn't help much to protect these innocent babies. Preferring boys over girls is not something unique only Asia, however the value of girl's life is most voilated in these countries. It is crime agianst humanity!

Senora   

Awwww. :(

that is so sad. I just can't understand how people do things like this. Do they have no feelings?! :mad: :mad: :mad:

shyhem   

It's a sad thing but i'm not surprised.With more than two billion pple living in Asia,its normal to witness natural selection in action,survival of the fittest.The strong become stronger and the weak become extinct.

Princess...It is sad....it is even more sad since no one is doing anything about.

Shyhem....The two billions are only in India and China....I don't see how killing innocent babies counts as survival fittest. I don;t see a nation would survive by killing its girls who would be the future wives , mother, etc. They might prefer boys but the hell are boys gonna be with?

Believe or not in parts of India, they are short of brides, men have travel to other of india and bangalidish to find brides.

LuCkY   

YOU KNOW WHAT CHE? I AGREE WITH YOU, THIS IS IN FACT A SAD ORDEAL.BUT I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW ELIMINATING INNOCENT BABY GIRLS IS GOING TO SOLVE THEIR OVERPOPULATION PROBLEM AND HOW BOYS ARE MORE VALUABLE THAN GIRLS-HENCE THEY ARE THE ONES WHO BEAR CHILDREN AND RAISE THE FAMILY WHILE THE MEN ARE OUT WORKING-IN SOME CASES.HOWEVER, THERE IS NOT MUCH THAT WE CAN DO TO PREVENT THIS BRUTAL PRACTICES FROM HAPPENING SINCE ITS PART OF WHAT THESE PEOPLE BELIEVE AND ITS BEEN PART OF THEIR CULTURE FOR SOME CENTURIES.ONE THING THEY COULD DO IS TO WAKE-UP AND REALIZE THE SEVERITY OF WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO THESE INNOCENT BABIES AND HOPEFULLY TAKE A STAND AGAINST THESE BRUTAL ACTIONS AND FROM THERE DEMOLISH THESE PRACTICES- I HIGHLY DOUBT IT-BUT I HOPE IT COMES TO AN END REAL SOON, FOR THE SAKE OF MANKIND.

BUT THATS JUST MY OPINION!!! ONCE AGAIN THIS IS A SAD ORDEAL BUT HEY THIS IS LIFE FOR SOME PEOPLE!!!

Ariadne   

Its no surpirse to me that misogyny is rampant in this mans world.

But I am shocked by how shyhem could compare survival of the fittest to the slaughter of female children. If they eliminate all their female children and theres no females then chinese and indian men will just have to marry each other.

The weak become extinct indeed! when females are gone then in 50- 100 yrs time the men will be too. No children being born the young no longer replace the old so the human race would die off (in the extremity of it).

I'll bet some people would just want to eat their words especially after realizing that survival of the fittest does not apply to people anymore or we would all die a thousand deaths.

Lefty   

The main reason that they're getting rid off girls is because girls over-populated than boys and it ain't about terminating all of them.

Maybe, Chinese government should sent these kids to places like Somalia where fresh people is needed.

I always heard the indian prides' pay of Dowry but I'm wondering what's the logic purpose behind that method except if their females aren't wealthier than their males.

Lucky......This is one of those things that one can't hide behind their culture....Any society condoning the killings of babies must condenmed. They are not killing baby girls to control over-population, they are doing for it for other reasons.

S.O.S.....I was surprised that anyone would compare the murders of innocent babies to the darwinism crap.

Lefty....It is not matter men of women outnumbering, infact , some places in these countries men outnumber women, and the grooms had to travel to find brides. In India, it is not brides are wealthier than grooms , it is culture that women will pay for everything when she is marrying, everything from the marriage ceremony , the couple's future house ,or whatever. It is wierd!

The idea of relocating these children to less populated countries like somalia is not right.every human being has to live in peace in own homeland.

There is no excuse for such actions in my opinion. but i can see that after a long time of being conditioned about the value of one gender against the other it's not easy to distinguish how wrong we have becme at times. Societies as such in Asia, since the women leaves her family and become part of another family, maybe parents feel that in their old age, their sons are more likely to care for them. Men are the bread winner and continue to be that if married or not, where as the women's financial situation changes with her marital status. Another reason could be the societies expectations and double standards in how they react to actions of both genders. Woman who sleeps with many men is a "whore" "slut" where as a man who sleeps with many women is a "Player" or a "experienced" and so many other non offensive names for him. So we create this societies with different rules of conducts and leading to a differentiation in our values for men and women.

I once remember being told that if a man raises three good muslim daughters he gets to go to Jinnah. Where if he did so with 3 sons he doesn't.

It's interesting though, that human race can continue without men really being here, if we only save few sperms. But without women, men can't continue human race. Yet through all of the millions of year, we still struggling to have equality :(:(:(:(:(

NoVa   

That's the most creusial, merciless, pitiless, heartless, unhuman kind any1 can ever do'....how could they even think of deserting babies or killing them???????? Killing innocents because they are not wanted.....bisinka'...

Ariadne   

Originally posted by Che-Guevara:

S.O.S.....I was surprised that anyone would compare the murders of innocent babies to the darwinism crap.

So was I, especially since the survival of the fittest dungpile was applied to animals (which makes sense smile.gif )

well iam not surprised with that. there r things worser than this in asia, by the way Al7amdulilah we have not such situation in somalia. i think no somali family prefer a baby boy. in somali family it is same for them watever Allah give them. so wat is happing in asia is caused by the popularity. A country of most population could face such problem. In india people die by accidents and the government never give any concentration on these things because they r happy with this. the more accidents happen the more people die it is good for them. coz the population reduces in this way.

Lefty   

Che_Guevera

The current ratio of men/women in the world is 1:6 and Asia should be holding its fair-share.

About the Dowry!

if it ain't about financially, then what do you personaly think the main purpose why indian females make the pay of Dowry?. It's weird and I haven't asked yet any indian peeps.

Scorpion-Sista....They have some wierd cultures...I think this goes beyond culture....I mean we have gender inequality in somalia too, but we don't go around murdering our little girls. N you are right, once a woman gets married, oddly enough she literally becomes part of husband's family. In pakistan and India, If husband kills his wife, the wife's family does nothing. Somalis would have gone to war.

Nova....It is sickening thing. I can't believe it is happeningin dis age.

S.O.S.....I think the brother bought into darwinism. It does only apply to animals. If darwinism applies to humanity , than there would have no jews. They have been powerless and stateless for ages but they never went extinct.

Boyz.....I think you might be right, Goverments are ignoring the problem coz of over-population,

Lefty....That still doesn't justify killing innocent kids.

I think it is in their culture that a bride's family must pay to the groom's family. of coarse now with a billion, it makes a financial sense too, imagine being a guy and having your bride pay for everything. I think you should ask your indian peepsa and see wat they say.