Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Letters To The Editor

Dear Editor,

I'm still waiting to get the cheque, i'm afraid tha bank will be closed for the weekend before i'm paid.

You're pathetic

Yours,

A hungry man

NGONGE   

To the editor, sir

I am puzzled by some of your readers' comments against Ethiopian people.

On the 5th of December last, I was on my way home and as I burst my lungs trying to run for the bus, a female Ethiopian passenger spotted my pathetic efforts and kindly held the bus doors open for me until I got there.

Yours truly,

E. Satisfied.

Abtigiis   

So what? her brother could have butchered tens of people in Bakara market? ma adiga service lagu siiyey baan xabshi ku cafinaa?

Malika   

^A&t,write a complain letter to the Editor about Ngonge's letter to the Editor..challenge his perseption of Xabashis..Lol

Faheema.   

Niyow Edhitar,

Wuxu miyaanu ahayn baabuuro is eryanaya oo midi meel jiidhay? Maxaad wali hadalkeeda ka wadaan?.

She's dead now, 11years this sabti to be exact. Cajalada naga badala hadaba.

Waa xagii ingiriiskee, this is a complete waste of tax payer’s money.

Yours faithfully,

Kirishboy

Xajiyad [Pick-up truck] Ka'lusha

Buurta Sheikh

Cara.   

^LOL. Another winner.

deer editor,

I rede ur paper everyday. espishally the horrorscop. On monday It said I will be luck becuz Im a gemini. but I haff not one the lottery the hole week. why?

I want my Money Back.

Bobby

Buuxo   

Dear Mudaney Editor,

I would like to extend my gratitude and those of the beesha Iskiis wax-tar, in regards to last weeks page 2,3,4 of your paper being dedicated to the caleema saar of her highness Ugaaso Cabdiyo Cabdi. :D

Mahadsanid,

Muhiim.

Fabregas   

Dear editor of channel 4,

Despite your programmes being generally marvellous to watch, it has come to my attention that your channel is giving the wrong impression of Somali men, espcially in the Big Brother House .I must remind you that Somali men belong to a noble, tall and handesome race, which is descended from pious Arabian SHeikhs and Pharoahs. We have never been known to eat a white mans bogey, fart in front of women, get spat on or cry like a women. If you continue with this grossly negative portrayl, we will be left with no other option, but to mobilise the entire Somali community,which is 1 million strong- according to immigration figures, to boycott your channel. I am sure you would not like your viewers ratings to decline amongst the influential ethnic minorities.

DR/Sheikh/Engineer

Abdi Heersare

official spokesman for the British SOmali community

NGONGE   

To the Editor, Sir

How did a highly respected publication such as yours plummet from the peak of respectability to the depth of poor taste in such a short time?

I am referring of course to your recent excessive coverage of Cabdiyo Cabdi's life story. Though your commentary was as masterful as ever, I, and I'm sure most other readers, feel that the subject itself was not worth the space. Certainly not three leading pages.

Yours with barely concealed disgust

E. N. Vious.

Green Street

London

Buuxo   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

To the Editor, Sir

How did a highly respected publication such as yours plummet from the peak of respectability to the depth of poor taste in such a short time?

I am referring of course to your recent excessive coverage of Cabdiyo Cabdi's life story. Though your commentary was as masterful as ever, I, and I'm sure most other readers, feel that the subject itself was not worth the space. Certainly not three leading pages.

Yours with barely concealed disgust

E. N. Vious.

Green Street

London

Dear Mr E.N.Vious,

I appreciate your response, in regards to her Highness Ms Cabdiyo Cabdi's coverage. It is a new direction that our paper is taking in encouraging great leadership in somalia by recognising local leaders. In the short-time that Ms Cabdiyo has been appointed she has established great changes ,such as a pit-stop for geeljirees to have a 'smoko' a light snack ,as well as an annual health check-up.This has lead to an overwhelming drop in the rate of gingivitus by this group ,which was caused by Yicib,fruits they often snack on.

Your sincerely,

Editor in Chief

NGONGE   

^^ :D

Sir,

Mr Abdi Heersare (letters, 29 August) claims to be the official spokesperson for the British Somali Community! However, in all my engagements with said community I am yet to come across someone by that name.

The only and main vehicle for the Somali British Community is Liibaan Lawyer's chambers and restaurants in E1. There is also an offshoot Somali Women's Co-operative run and represented by Mrs Hibaaq Hagbad, which is also situated at the same premises (upstairs, second flat on the left).

It is the opinion of both organisations that Big Brother's Big Mo is a great role model for Somali youth.

Yours informatively

Liibaan Lawyer.

Pujah   

Dear M. Taranto,

Your WSJ article - on a short leach - implying that both Senators Reid and Biden voted for the Gramm Leach Billey Act and that Sen. McCain was absent is totally false. Reid and Biden voted against, and McCain was present and voted for it.

See the vote summary on the passage of that bill here.

Coming from the WSJ, this is unacceptable. Check your facts before publishing these kinds of colossal errors and misrepresenting candidates’ record.

Sincerely,