Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Letters To The Editor

NGONGE   

To the editor, sir

Is it any wonder that Somali restaurants are not popular with outsiders?

I took a couple of friends to one of the new fashionable Somali restaurants, hoping to introduce them to the great Somali cuisine, only to watch with horror as the other diners started eating with their hands.

A. Farah

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

To the editor, sir

Those of us that have been chewing khat for the past twenty years have noticed the shrinking of the average mardoof as times went by. In fact, it has shrunk by three quarters in the past ten years with hardly any change in price. We strongly reject this barefaced exploitation on the part of the Khat producers.

Regards

A. Farah

10 Somali Street

Flat 3A

The Living Room

Third person on the right.

Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you for your ‘elevated’ thoughts on the issue and take this opportunity to point out a few factors in relation to the price of this ‘commodity’.

The weak dollar and the high cost of fuel has had an adverse effect on the cost of the mijin. The poor khat importers must take this into consideration when calculating the costs on a per unit basis. The end user will inevitably stump up the costs in order for him/her to enjoy an evening of banter and canterbaqash over the soothing sounds of M Mooge and Magool. We hope to have clarified the issue but if you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned.

Mr A Muqayil

Union of Khat Importers

Somali Community Centre

Next to the computer room

NGONGE   

^^ :D:D

To the editor, sir

During the recent Olympics, we learned the Chinese saying about them eating everything with four legs, except tables and everything with wings, except airplanes.

The Somali Hyena would go a step further and eat things with two legs or no legs at all. Furthermore, he'll also try his luck with a seasoned table.

Yours truly,

A.Farah

Somali wild life expert.

Faheema.   

Waryaa kaaga isku sheegaya Edhitar,

Waxaan maqalay in aad warqadaha aan soo qoro aad jeex jeexdo markasta bikoos waxaad tiri way dhaadheerhiyiin, balse tan waa soo koobi. Hadaan maqlo in aad tana jeexday wadnaha waran baan kaa taagi ee is jir waalidaa waa la igu yaqaanaaye.

Yours truly,

Kii Kuu digay

Alay Baday Corner

MZanzi   

Originally posted by +Faheema:

Waryaa kaaga isku sheegaya Edhitar,

Yours truly,

Kii Kuu digay

Alay Baday Corner

i like dis three lines

NGONGE   

To the editor, sir

I have been following with interest the countless discussions about the origin of the species.

Since neither faith nor science have considered the old age question about the chicken and egg, why are people still trying to find an answer for that difficult idea. Surely all will agree that the monkey came first. Where he went after that is open to discussion.

Yours

A. Contemplator.

Dear Editor,

I don't understand why all those people are coming on the payday to ask for a shaxaad. Do i work to fund them ??

Yours,

Bakhayl Ina Garaaddo-weyne