Suldaanka

400 Puntland soldiers change allegiance to Somaliland

400 Puntland soldiers change allegiance to Somaliland

Only 15 kilometers outside the Qardho, the third largest town in the  Somalia Federal State of Puntland, Qardho, the largest number of soldiers laid down their Puntland insignia, saying they have decided to move over to the Somaliland side.

The soldiers, belonging to the largely ill-paid, loosely governed federal state ‘army’ of Puntland revealed they had not been paid even the pittance that goes for monthly salaries in the last 4 months or so.

Speaking of the circumstances that led them to take this critical decision, Major Kamal Abdul Aziz ‘Afgudud’, commander, told the media that “they were neither properly looked after as they should or been paid their salaries making their situation untenable’.

Major Afgudud stated that their patience has thinned out, and that, from then on, they were to be counted as Somaliland army officers.

“If these areas were mapped in as Puntland locations, Dhahamo and Misir where we are stationed should from now on be chalked in as part of the Republic of Somaliland,” he said.

Dhahamo – or Dhahan – straddles the Somaliland-Somalia border at a strategic point a stone’s throw from Dhahar of Somaliland, as it is to Qardho, Puntland.

Major Kamal further stated that elders and local residents of the area were of the same opinion, fulling supporting their move.

The army unit goes over the Somaliland side fully armed supported by a number of battlewagons, locally known as ‘technico’, and an ambulance.

What was unexpected and totally surprising in the event was Major Kamal revealing that most – if not all – of the soldiers hailed from a branch of a clan that lives in and around the ancient harbor town of Heis (Mundus in the Periplus of the Erythraean Sea) – making the situation that much more profoundly interesting to both Somaliland and Puntland.

Barely a week ago, 50 armed fighters, in a similar move, abandoned Puntland front lines to cross over to the Somaliland side.

It looks like the pirate enclave  under cabdi cawar is falling apart I mean this is their heart land  qardho. The seat of their so called boqor. I think it's time for reer bari  to take back their seat or else boosaaso will become part of Somaliland unofficially and it will be a bufferzone to keep the pirates at bay. I mean  400  troops   it's not a small amount I think mamuulka budhcadbadeedku waxbadan kadambayn mayoo cabdi cawar.

1500 defected  from Community  General to Community  Politics thread

The officers say the General  Forum has not taken care of them and they have been ignored.

Wasiirka muranka yo wasiirka  niicniicda welcome  the soldiers. The soldiers are fully incorporated into Politics community army.

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

Saalax   
10 hours ago, Dahireeto said:

Is Saalax's struggle losing steam? Why are these militia men abandoning the Caare ship?

Since when was Caare militia part of Puntland army.  :D This is a propaganda video. Apparently the east Burco community in a desperation attempt is claiming a segment of the **** population is part of them which by the way General Morgan hails from. :D  Wa daad uu khamri iyo khat walay marna Morgan ba na xasuuqay hayb ahaan  bay dahayan marna jufadiisa naga tirsan.  :D 

Oh, these are **** boys? Barwaaqo misled me saxib. 

I don't know how they trust Muuse Biixi. He may confiscate the few technical they came with for his own needs. 

Saalax   
8 hours ago, Dahireeto said:

Oh, these are **** boys? Barwaaqo misled me saxib. 

I don't know how they trust Muuse Biixi. He may confiscate the few technical they came with for his own needs. 

Yh they are claiming Morgan's sub clan in desperation. Maxa Caare laga baaqay. :D  The little kid in the video mum is reer Las Anod. Waxa oo dhan wa iska propaganda laso alifay.

Barwaaqo   
2 minutes ago, maakhiri1 said:

Sheeko yaab leh

Maakhiriyiin Jabuuti degan ma maqashay ama Ingriis Care reer Mudug ah, Hag reer Sool ah, amaba Og reer Sanaag ah? Hadaad kuwaa maqashay qoladaninna way jiraane la soco. Somalidu way abtirsataa oo ma lunto ee la soco in jiilba jiil abtirsiinta iyo tariikhda u gudbiyo.

Tallaabo   
10 minutes ago, Barwaaqo said:

Maakhiriyiin Jabuuti degan ma maqashay ama Ingriis Care reer Mudug ah, Hag reer Sool ah, amaba Og reer Sanaag ah? Hadaad kuwaa maqashay qoladaninna way jiraane la soco. Somalidu way abtirsataa oo ma lunto ee la soco in jiilba jiil abtirsiinta iyo tariikhda u gudbiyo.

Waa ayaan darro in ummad sidaa uwada dhaqan, uwada degan, oo uwada dhalatay qabyaalad lagu kala eryo. Dawladdii Siyaad ee waxan bilowday fitno ayay albaabka inoogu furtay. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tallaabo   

I don't know if it is true but I heard that Mama Malyuun's bic*****han clan is actually not MJ at all but related to bic****o clan in Sanaag O.o Is there any truth to this Barwaaqooy? Let us welcome Mama Malyuun and ask her to delete her anti-iid**r tirade on YouTube since she is one herself :D