Sign in to follow this  
Valenteenah.

Feminism: The moral voice?

How come, I ask myself? How have Feminists, who have invariably been portrayed as sad lesbians suffering from penis envy who believe they can appropriate men’s God-given status, come to be the only people taking a stand against the smut and trash sweeping these societies?

Lets not judge and speak as if we covered the whole truth about the world events. You presented a case, a possible case that needn't to be ignored but am rather confused with the intent.

Let me agree with you for a moment and presume that whatever remained of those actively compaining for morality in this world happen to be "Feminists", So what is the point you are trying to make my dear sister. What about it, or would that make their case any stronger and support the Feminist stance.

Sorry about my slow comprehension, I see members contributed to this topic before posing any question but missed the point and went to explain, difine or rather discuss other issues related to femenisms. My simple q is, clarify your point.

Or if I try to assume and speculate on you, I think you assuming us to have a clear and strong feeling that we believe femenists are immoral, indecent and corrupt human beings, If thats what is in you mind and was the sole reason you brought this topic. Then I should say that's not true, certainly not in my case, I know as any other humans they have good, bad, young, educated and clever members, but what I believe is that they lack few things that really matters most in life that I won't mention in here, and not in any way connected to this topic, such things include confidence and self esteem and by proving that they posses both these very same qualities caused them to stand alone and have the urge to say 'Im female, and here Im, actually feminist' - Well everyone can clearly see she is Female, but needs not only to be seen but wants to be a force to reckon, which all comes down to what I said

My simple

Pucca   

this article came up in my 'critical thinking' lecture class a while back *just popped into my head now* we had a discussion/debate on how feminism is/has changed. Feminism at one point had some solid grounds and sought to gain equal right for the sexes but now..its just filth, the women are asking for too much.

Read the article yourself...

Girls Gone Raunch

Feminists have been at the forefront of every struggle

I am sorry to burst your bubble, but no they have not! We're so busy giving credit to other people we're forgetting Allah (SWT) has given us all (females and males) rights and it is Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) and his companions that fought for so many years to spread Islam and gives us our rights.

I am not trying to take away anything from some of these feminists who helped fight for the rights of women and children. However we as Muslims have The Quran and The Hadith to follow, and in it Allah (SWT) and His Prophet set guidelines for us according to how we should live and treat one another, including our spouses. As women in the religion of Islam we have a lot of rights alhamdulilah, and we don't owe any thanks to some feminist movement.

God bless her soul. A down-to-earth person whose courage helped to make a difference in the lives of many. A woman we should all emulate!

Sister Bishaaro, im not trying to sound religious or old-fashioned but we shouldn't emulate any kuffar people, no matter how humble or down to earth they are.

Haneefah   

^aren't you being a little rude? Besides, does not wanting to emulate a certain group have to be tantamount to hating them? Cajaaib

Castro   

^ Wa bilaa cajaaib. The nonsense that person wrote, and she wrote much but I repeated the most asinine part below for your convenience, does amount to hatred.

we shouldn't emulate any kuffar people, no matter how humble or down to earth they are.

And if you believe the statement above to be unworthy of my scathing remarks, you should transport your behind out of kuffar land right after Simple Woman does.

First of all castro i didn't say anything about hatting kuffar people. I said we shouldn't emulate kuffar people at all. The Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) said Whoever emulates a group of people is of them.

Im sure there is tons of nice non-muslims, but to single them out and praise them and say we should all emulate them is just too much.

The nonsense that person wrote, and she wrote much but I repeated the most asinine part below

What is the nonsense that i wrote?? That the Prophet Muhammad and his companions fought for years to bring us the religion?? Why don't u grow up and starting respecting the religion and the people we should REALLY be emulating

Castro   

^ Atheer, it seems like we got off on the wrong foot. I was too harsh on you, I must admit. To begin, the term "kuffar" is a tricky one and certainly, the people of the book cannot be called kuffars. Second, humility and courage should be emulated no matter who exhibits them. Specifically in the case of Rosa Parks, we all owe much to her courage, and as a woman of color in a predominantly white country, you should be among the most grateful. Third, while Islam and the prophet (PBUH) have introduced "feminism" to the world, the rights and freedoms for which the prophet fought have been rolled back in the very lands the prophet came from. Modern day feminism struggles to regain these rights and freedoms. But, as has been discussed in this topic, it is a wordly movement, unlike the divine revelations of Islam, and therefore is subject to human malfeasance.

What is the nonsense that i wrote?? That the Prophet Muhammad and his companions fought for years to bring us the religion??

That's a misrepresentation of my statement. Nonetheless, it behooves you to refrain from brandishing all non muslims as kuffar. Worse still, when a non muslim exhibits good qualities, it's a shame to dismiss them simply because of their religion.

Originally posted by Simple Woman:

we shouldn't emulate any kuffar people, no matter how humble or down to earth they are.

Why not?

I emulate kuffar ppl's generosity towards others they share nothing with, their empathy, their ability to foster lasting amity and social cohesion among the myriad religious, political and racial groups constituting their societies.

I admire and wish we muslims could be as Inventful as them, as productive, as curious intellectually and pace setting, ground breaking in science and technology...

They can feed, house, educate, provide jobs and security, oppurtunities, peace, decent governance, polarity and tolarance to their ppl. What is wrong with emulating any of that?

My sense is that ppl who say we shouldn't emulate kuffars say so out of reflex...a knee-jerk response without any forethought.

The West is not Evil, they are NOT the crusades. Times have changed, so has everyone. Let go of atavistic hatred and mistrust.

Isn't it interesting that muslims world over would accept a move to Kuffar lands in a blink of an eye? That should tell you something.

Khayr   

I emulate kuffar ppl's generosity towards others they share nothing with, their empathy, their ability to foster lasting amity and social cohesion among the myriad religious, political and racial groups constituting their societies.

TWISTING WORDS....TWISTING WORDS

What comes to mind is the hadith wherein the rasul (salallahu caliyhe wasilm) said that we would imitate the NON-MUSLIMS so much so that even if they....went into a fox whole!

WHY?

Well if the FOX shows'generosity towards others',

then the muslims will think good of him and not see how that 'meat' that the FOX wants to share and show 'generosity towards others' was received in the first place and the muslims won't question the 'quallity' of the FOX's 'generosity'....hey CRAP can be GOLD as long as it is from the 'generosity' of the FOX-RIGHT! smile.gif

The FOX and his KINGDOM will let you, the MUSLIM live in peace and tells you to promote 'PLURALISM' so long as it does not harm the FOX and intrude the FOX's Life, Business affairs etc.

Socad Badne,

Are you suffering from IDENTITY CRISIS saxib?

Are you not proud of your ISLAMIC LINEAGE?

heckling ladies is not what a decent homie does these days unless hes a construction worker!

however, due to feminism extremes, its in away back firing! e.g, i dont open doors for ladies any more! i actually let door go when they get close!! i just love those eyes stare at me n the screem.. How Rude!! :D

Baluug   

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

Isn't it interesting that muslims world over would accept a move to Kuffar lands in a blink of an eye? That should tell you something.

The duniya is very alluring, indeed...

Haneefah   

Originally posted by Castro:

quote:

And if you believe the statement above to be unworthy of my scathing remarks, you should transport your behind out of kuffar land right after Simple Woman does.
The point is not whether I agree with the sister's comment or not Mr. Spokesperson. No one deserves to be attacked for voicing their opinion. Therefore, I was merely trying to point out to you that the way you addressed the sister wasn't very appropriate smile.gif

I'm out!