Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Thought of the day.

nafta   

"You give but little when you give of your possessions.

It is when you give of yourself that you truly give." -Kahlil Gibran (1883-1931)

Thanks Tolstoy. That was long with alot more depth and informative. I shall try to tune in to BBC Radio 4 the next time I'm on the bus instead of listening to Capital FM or Virgin Radio on my phone. smile.gif

"What experience and history teach is this-that people and governments never have learned anything from history, or acted on principles deduced from it." G. W. F. Hegel

Miriam1   

Nafta..Khalil Gibran Khalil ROCKS! lol..one of his qoute

Forgetfullness is a form of freedom

Remembrance is a from of meeting

KGK~

Xoogsade   

Originally posted by Kaleidoscopic:

Men always want to be a woman's first love - women like to be a man's last romance - Oscar Wilde

It is true statement to some extent. But what if a man knows that he won't be the first love of the woman he likes and he doesn't mind? Will it shed some negative light on him? Being the woman's first love means that she was chaste and never slept with anyone before, an uplifting experience, but whatever good feelings one might get from that fact, what if a man bases his judgement about the woman on her present conduct, the love he feels towards her and being confident that she will be loyal?

As for the last part, what else is knew? lol. Almost all women want their men to be exclusively theirs(some religious girls do say they don't care in defense of polygamy but I don't believe them anyway).

Originally posted by Xoogsade:

Being the woman's first love means that she was chaste and never slept with anyone before,

Are you confusing first love with sexual love? Your first love is simply the first person you fell in love with (and not necessarily had sex with). The two can be mutually exclusive. But maybe not to a faarax. :rolleyes:

Xoogsade   

Zephyrine, Geesinimada masoo deensatey? Wow, I am really impressed that you managed a coherent sentence while addressing me. And for that, you get a reply. No, I wasn't confused but gave the one-track-mind male version while you gave the female one lol

I think most guys would have thought of the "man liking to be the first love of the woman" quote as boiling down to what you just said. What is a first if it doesn't mean really a First? lol

Anyhow, waa iga xishoodsiisey, Gosh! you are so blunt.

Bachelor   

"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy and the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese."

-Chris Rock

Salma   

Happiness keeps u Sweet,

Trials keep u Strong,

Sorrow keeps u Human ,

Failure Keeps u Humble,

Success keeps u Glowing,

But only God Keeps u Going.

Arthur Ashe , the legendary Wimbledon player.

Here is my thought of the day everyday :D .

People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered; FORGIVE THEM ANYWAY

If you are kind people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; BE KIND ANYWAY

If you are successful, you win some false friends and some true enemies; SUCCEED ANYWAY

If you are honest and frank people may cheat you; BE HONEST AND FRANK ANYWAY

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight; BUILD ANYWAY

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous; BE HAPPY ANYWAY

The good you do today people will often forget tomorrow; DO GOOD ANYWAY

Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough; GIVE THE WORLD THE BEST YOU'VE GOT ANYWAY

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God; IT WAS NEVER BETWEEN YOU AND THEM ANYWAY

By: Mother Teresa.