Sign in to follow this  
underdog

Somali Girl Murdered in T.O.

underdog   

Police Identify Body Found In Garbage Bag

Sunday July 16, 2006

Her body was found in a garbage bag, where it had been sitting for several days.

That was the determination by Toronto Police, who on Sunday identified the remains of a corpse discovered on Friday in a residential complex.

"As a result of the investigation we have been able to positively identify the deceased as a young female by the name of Yasmin Ashareh," said Homicide Squad Det. Wayne Banks.

The 20-year-old's remains were stumbled upon in the middle of the west end housing complex, and co-workers at the supermarket where she worked say she'd just been hired a month previous and made it clear she desperately needed the money.

"She was always on time, always anxious, wanted more hours," said one employee.

"We're in shock that anything like this could happen to somebody in this day in age."

An autopsy revealed the cause of death as multiple stab wounds to the neck. Her body was left for a number of days in an area with many other garbage bags, which residents say would have been picked up sooner had garbage collectors showed up when they were supposed to.

Understandably, the incident has the neighbourhood shaken.

"I've lived here for 20 years and this has never happened," said one area resident Sookdeo Ram.

"Where can you go now ... anywhere in Toronto it's the same problem."

Source

Tahliil   

I did not want to log in today at all...but somehow I had to, I felt like I must stop and pay my respects and prayers to young Yasmine...May the almighty have HIS mercy on her young soul and reward her with paradise...and wash away all her sins...It's so, exteremely so sad..not the death itself, that we all await, but the circumstances are disheartening...

An autopsy revealed the cause of death as multiple stab wounds to the neck. Her body was left for a number of days in an area with many other garbage bags, which residents say would have been picked up sooner had garbage collectors showed up when they were supposed to.

Modesty   

Subhan'Allah, she was so beautiful, may Allah help her family find the killer, and grant her peace and Jannah, Ameen.

Zafir   

Originally posted by Tahliil:

I did not want to log in today at all...but somehow I had to, I felt like I must stop and pay my respects and prayers to young Yasmine...May the almighty have HIS mercy on her young soul and reward her with paradise...and wash away all her sins...It's so, exteremely so sad..not the death itself, that we all await, but the circumstances are disheartening...

quote:

Was there a missing report filled? Where was her family the number of days her body laid chopped in that garbage bag? What really bothers me is the fact no one was missing her.

x_quizit   

Zafir, the young lady actually lived on her own and the story is, was not on good terms with her mother, hence why no one filed a missing person's report. A few neighbors who were distant relatives went to pay their respects to her mom who was obviously horrified and shaken by her daughters' brutal death. Now police are trying to piece together the last few days of her life, question her boyfriend to see if maybe he was somehow involved. May Allah have mercy on her soul.

There has been disturbing reports recently,(more than usual) specially about women because there have been so many reports of rapes, murders, reported almost every weekend. Example; A 91 yr old woman in ottawa was raped, and a pregnant woman in toronto was assaulted.

Eebbe ha u dambi dhaafo, hana u naxariisto walaasheen Yaasmiin Cashare.

The moral of this murder, though: Young Soomaali women, as it was reported this marxuumad did and regardless how quibble they have with their waalid or other family members, should never live alone like an iskaabulo person.

BN   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

Eebbe ha u dambi dhaafo, hana u naxariisto walaasheen Yaasmiin Cashare.

Aamiin. My condolences to her family and friends; I wish them strength through this period. Insha'Allah, those responsible will be held accountable.