Sign in to follow this  
Farxaaan

I Like Xamaraawi Accent !!!

NGONGE   

Originally posted by sheherazade:

sounds sexy, no?
smile.gif

I too like Southern speak. Heard enough Northern grunting to last me a couple of life times.

Naa aabahaa **** waan ku jeclahey.

All very romantic, no?

Sounds like you’ve been chatted up by kids there, Sheh!

A proper grown up northern male is likely to be as harsh as that but hardly ever with swear words. He’ll soften you up with the jab of a proverb, uppercut you with a couple of lines from a song and knock you out (head over heels) with some incomprehensible poetry that can both be viewed as a compliment or an insult.

If he tells you that you look good he’ll do it in a matter of fact way without beating about the bush; a bit like: naa you look good, nacal shaklak (yes the boys like to sound multilingual in their amorous approaches).

A southern boy on the other hand will spend ten minutes telling you how he had no breakfast that morning because he was in a hurry to leave home (ma arkino) and how he almost missed the donkey carriage to school and had to walk instead. He’ll then try to sweet talk you by saying that, for you, he’ll walk all the way to Mombassa and that you’re worth a million donkey carriages, ma fahmino?

The only one thing that I can’t understand about southern males and females is the xabeeb in their voices. Is that compulsory? I’m yet to meet one with a clear voice! It’s like those 'clicks' the Bushmen of the Kalahari have in their language. The girls sound like they’ve been crying all night and the boys sound like they’ve been oppressed all their lives! When I’m president of Somalia I shall make it compulsory for all Southern school assemblies to start every morning with a loud, clear and hearty shout of the word xaaaaaaaaaaaax, maybe that will dislodge the stuck phlegm.

Ps

On the oppressed point, let us have an experiment and imagine a northern and southern man telling their sweet hearts that they did not sleep well the night before.

Can just imagine the northern guy going: naa ha ila hadlin, xalaytoo o dhan adaan kugo fakariyaay oo wan siixan kari waayay!

The Southern guy on the other hand would go: abaayo, toban habeen ma siixan, nooh. Abow abow ani feedhmare aa o ikaaday camal..qiiiq qiiiq qiiiq, jaciilkaga daraadi nooh..qiiq qiiq..waa ooyee wallahi..

And on this point, after demolishing the Somali language I shall hurriedly leg it into a safe distance. :D

** Ducks **

BOB   

Haye...in af-keena la caayo maa biloowdeen hadana?

I never knew folks from North called 'us' Southerners 'Xamarawi' & 'Wanla-Weyn' until i met a girl who asked me if i was a Wanla-Weyn and i thought she was asking me where i was from and i said to her..Maya Abaayo..aniga waxaan ahay Reer Kista" "Dee...Wanla-Weyn baad tahay ee inaga aamu" she replied aggressively..i almost ran away.

I love Northerners accent especially the ladies..ahem..yeah...which is why i decided to go to Borama and get me third wife Insha Allah.

Peace, Love & Unity.

This is co-incidently funny wallahi. Just as I was reading this, I had a bizzare and rather weired encounter with a northerner.I was calling up shalay on one of my clients who happens to be the reer xamariest of reer xamars yaah? LOL. Somehow I ended up calling northernest of the northerners.

Grring grrring telefonka rings.

Me:.Hallaw,hallaw?

Him: Haaa!!,Waa kumaa?[snappy tone please when you read this,LOL]

Me:Salaam aleeykum; Hebel hebel[very Reer xamar name] ma lahadli karaa?[in a polished Xamarawi Accent]….

Him: Yaah? War maxaa lehday?

Me: Hebel Hebel aan rabaa inaa lahadlo sheequna.

Him:"War dee sinjigaaga iyo diintadaba ***see ma reer xamar baan na mooday?

Me: Yaah? Aboo? Maxa tiri?

Him: War aboo haa igu odhan, abooga W****. Aboo aboo waa maxay? Xageen walaalkaa ku nuqday??

Me: Jaaw jaaw Sorry sxb.Grrrp.

Him: War nabadee,War dee Qadka ka bax!!

So, LOL I hang up and I was like I must've dialled the wrong number & I redial it & guess what? He answers it again…He didn’t even wait for me to say hello this time.

Him: Waryee,war xamarawiiga tahay ****see ,War maxaad dooneesa?

Me: Hang up! Loooool.

BOB   

Naah..her name was Cawrala!

Everytime i hear that name i remember my late Madrassa teacher who used to refer one Kenyan nomadic tribe called 'Turkana' as cawrala..because he used to say..kuwani cawra ma laha..that's why you always find them naked..lool

PS. If i tell all the jokes i have about our brothers & sisters from the North..there will be a riot in here..so i rather keep them to myself maxaa yeelay saacadaan garuun maka bixi karo aniga widaayoow.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Azmaya   

Reer xamar accent is sooooooooo gay. “abaayo macanto” gives me the creeps. niiman jilicsan o nagkastaba isku mid uu tahey are not my cup of tea. and awal ba horey lo yirdi wa saqaajano nimanka reer xamarkah dhaqan iyo xishoodba midna ma leh.

I generally dislike reer xamar, reer gedo, iyo reer bari nimankoda waxba ka haleysan waleey sii baas bey uu dhaqman.Anigu somali nimankoda laba baan ka hela, nimanka reer mudag iyo reer waqooyi wa nimaan dhaqan iyo kartii leh and better sheekoyal and walaatinimo iyo sharafta dumarka somali amiinsan generally speaking. ina adeer walaaley, walaalo, ha walaakeey ina adeerdo.

NGONGE   

^^ Walaalo, inadeero, macaan, all this was done in the spirit of banter and kuftan. Try to reverse a bit and be nice, walaalo smile.gif

ps

Ever hear a northern girl say the word 'wallahi'? Say it to yourself as if you mean it and hear the sound of your voice. :D

^Waxaan ku dhahlahaa geberta kaa koreeyso hada ma dhehkari, adigaa aa i korbooday. laakiim maa caleesh waaye iida lee ka go'an tahay.

Reer xamar iyo reer xamar la'aan ba, luqadkasto waa in eey xushmo leedahay. aduunkaan dagaal lahguma reeyo Basarees aa lagu raayaa, hadaan unuka nahay reer xamar basarees aa baaskeena eh.

gafuur taagoow iyo gacmo indhaha ka gilgiliyoow baas keena ma eh.

Azmaya   

Walaalo Ngonge i was nice okey, i didnt even talk about the reer xamaarii girls. there is a reason why Mr. Rudy thinks they are the best yeah. bye bye

NGONGE   

^^ Our Rudy is a wise old stone age man. I personally usually follow his advice on everything in life, other than male/female relationships.

I mean come on, with all due respect to our LA sage, I have a very strong feeling that every morning when he wakes up from sleep he starts urinating in all four corners of his bed to mark his territory. :D

What about them Azma

Bob....Jokes might turn into babbling. Azmaya is on it already....loool

Forget Maxaa tiri dialects...Try May May people. Love their ladies even they are cursing.

Ms DD   

Azmaya..chill girl..it is all kaftan noo. U qaleey yarta smile.gif

Anyhow..in my limited experience (before azmaya jumps on my xamaraawi trait as reer xamaraawi girl), i find that Southern men iney ku dheer yihiin xagga romance.

Hadal qaboow oo raaxo leh ayaa lagugu soo gamaa.

Originally posted by Azmaya:

I generally dislike reer xamar, reer gedo, iyo reer bari somali nimankoda laba baan ka hela, nimanka reer mudag iyo reer waqooyi

Ajaajah. Kaasmayadan Nimanka ad adag ee ka heshaa haye? Wallahi Duke iyo Xalane iyo baandadiisa wee u dhacdatay. Waraada,Qoftoyo meeshan nuucina ka hesho nooh,Soo alamiinteeyo yaah?? :D:D