Sign in to follow this  
Farxaaan

I Like Xamaraawi Accent !!!

reer xamar gals r the best!! i just love them gals!! where r u zaynab holla!! i freaked out when she grabed my kness and start yelling aboowee waa ku tuugaa!! lool...! i ran away, i thought it was some kind of curse!! loooool... u should have been there and seen my face!! i was scared like like a mofo!

Baddacase, ma hubtaa? Ar soo bandhig hee, aan aragnee. Tii koowaad waa ku dhacday, xataa Che oo lamagoodle iska ahaa ayaa ku gartay.

This time yihooy walaxaa isku heysid maha keen. [Erayadaas u dambeeyo kan afka ciyaal Xamarka ma'aha ee haku wareerin already yaah. :D ]

say what!! i went to babel fish to translate this and it give me an error!!

what....hell r u saying? plz translate this! or i will call zaynab to read this 4 me!!

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Castro:

Southern Somalis, to me, often sound sincere, suave and affectionate while Northerners sound constipated, narcissistic and unscrupulous. Excluding my family, of course.

LoL,

I like the calmness of the Xamari dialect, the understandable one that is. There some extreme dialects i simply can not understand.

I remember answering the phone when i was younger. On the other end was a lady looking for my cousin. I said she wasnt home. Then she said waxaad kudaahda hebel hebl kusoo wacey (or something to that effect). I was like :confused: at 'wacey'

bilan   

how come we reer xamar can understand all accents, but reer gobol act like they can't understand us. we must be smarter than them :D .

Johnny B   

That is probably only YOU . :D

No girl (xamarawi or Galcaio) can resist my lethal Awdali accented shokansi, now beat that , you Xamarawi, sassy things. icon_razz.gif

Ms DD   

Aw comon Johnny

Haye abaayo macaan, see ii tahay?

and

Dee Walaal, sidee baad tahay? ( i am sure it sounds harsher than that)

Which one will a girl choose? I think Northern boys should include 'xabiibti, xataayi, qalbi, macaantooy' in ther vocabulary.

sounds sexy, no? smile.gif

I too like Southern speak. Heard enough Northern grunting to last me a couple of life times.

Naa aabahaa **** waan ku jeclahey.

All very romantic, no?

maajo   

QAAAAAAAAAAAAAW NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOWE , D*************FAR D************FAR DHALAY TAAS LUQAD MIYAAA.............WAA IN AAN SCHOOLA LUQADA LAGU SAXA IDIINN FURAAA...MIDA KALE REER GOBOL SAAID MALMAHAAN INTEEE....

Nehanda   

Too much of ‘abaayo iyo abowee macaan’ seems very fake at best and doqonimo iyo shileecnimo at worst. Albeit 'naya waa nagta iyo waarya niinko’ is just as worse.

Much more romantic to say huno iyo walaal marka koof aad laheesawisid.

Johnny B   

Cambaro , one doesen't have to say 'no' in every other sentence to sound 'segsi', and as for that 'abayo macaney' thing , its all on how you put it.

A Northerner,just like Castro put it, may put a little too much of an effort and a feeling to what s/he has to say ( maybe, that is why he looks costipated ), icon_razz.gif

Nonetheless, its an effort that is totally lost in the sassy Xamarawis.

Sheh, would you perfer this , "wara yarey,waku jeclahay no". ? :D

Blessed   

Dee Walaal, sidee baad tahay? ( i am sure it sounds harsher than that)

LOL. Gabar, that's not even grammatically correct. The many sweet songs that northern men gave to Somalis kills your they are kankanos arguement. Northerners can be romantic, they're just not as high on the lalabo factor icon_razz.gif

bilan

It's because we were smart enough to standardise and expand our gobol dialact...Heehehehehe! icon_razz.gif