Sign in to follow this  
Cowke

Weris Diriye Film Coming Soon. (Trailer)

Originally posted by Karl_Polanyi:

quote:Originally posted by Jacphar:

CH: Ina-adeer dadku isku caqli iyo fikir ma ah. You ain't doing justice to those beautiful women when you list their names next to Ayan. The likes of Iman & Waris should not be listed next to that ugly cow. Iman did much more for Somalia than Geeljire even thought of.

Geeljire is just bitter hypocritical confused young man. Glance the politics section and he's all over the place when it comes to the endless violence back home.

The only person who is being a hypocrite is you. You have to hide behind Lazie's skirt and even start praising topless models- only because you despise the brother( who is a grown and married man btw) for the position he takes on the Somali issue. I didn't think you could get so pathetic.
Ouch!! some men were created that way,they cant help it.

ailamos   

The well will dry up only when FGM becomes extinct as a practice.

In any case, I read people say that the film seems to be about her life and not about FGM and that she's looking for stardom... well, she's already a star, a UN special ambassador and an author, so I don't think it's the fame she's after... the film is about her => correct but she underwent FGM as a child, hence the film is about a girl who has gone through FGM and who accomplished big things.

She's bringing an important issue to light and it seems she's a contrast to Xirsi Ali and not bishbashing things left and right even though they went through similar circumstances and circumcisions.

I don't know if this one's showing in NYC, I haven't heard anything about it... yet

The Zack   

I totally agree on Geel_Jire's conclusion of modeling being worse than prostitution. It sounds like some people here don't really understand that models DO walk naked infront of hundreds of people. What is worse than that bal? Anyone want to defend that? To Geel_jire's point, whores meel hakaga dhicina, they are way better :D:D Markaa islaan 40 jir ah oo qaawan yey wacyi galin bal?

Rephrase this saying and say it with me "Shoot the darn messenger, not the message" LOL

Originally posted by Geel_jire:

'model' iyo 'prostitute' maxay is dhamaan .. naagta prostituteka ah ..
dabadeeda markiiba hal nin baa arka .. meesha naagta model-ka ah dadka oo dhan hal mar wada daawan karaan

loooooooooooooooooool @ Geel_jire, I spilt my caanoboore on my go'. Geeljire is right here.

Jacpher   

Who in the world could have imagined so many men exchanging graphic details of prostitutes. Talk about shared experiences.

Karl: Go back to that Cushtic weed you've smoking lately. And yes I'll have the topless over the pothead like you.

Polanyi   

Originally posted by Jacphar:

Who in the world could have imagined so many men exchanging graphic details of prostitutes. Talk about shared experiences.

Karl: Go back to that Cushtic weed you've smoking lately. And yes I'll have the topless over the pothead like you.

I didn't ask you to marry me, so chill. But here is a good question: if you have a good looking cousin or young sister, would send her my way so I can take some nude pictures of her and send it around to Somali males?

Raamsade   

Weris Diiriye is beautiful women - inside and outside. We -- Conscientious and Concerned Somalis -- thank her for bringing to the world's attention this shameful and barbaric practice inflicted against our sisters. We men have very few dogs in this fight in my view; we, at the very least, should lend full support and challenge those who want to perpetuate this barbarism. After all, it is not us who have to live through this gruesome act.

As expected, Jihadi wannabes are up in arms. What are these red herrings about prostitution and models? What is that have to do with the compaign against FGM? It is completely and utterly tangential to the issue at hand. There is nothing wrong with modeling. It is respectable career choice if you got the goods. Prostitution is more complicated. But the more discerning of you might have noticed by now that Jihadis are always trying to control the female body and sexuality. They're intimidated by independent, freethinking, intelligent women who are in full control of their bodies. No wonder Imams in Egypt never run out of obscure Islamic justifications for FGM.

My developing point is this: the road to the "End of FGM" runs through defeated or weakened Jihadis and clerical establishments.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by chocolate & honey:

Even if she wears none, sub-zero, is she not allowed to write about her life? That makes her open for personal insults?

Calling a glorified stripper a stripper is an insult? She takes her clothes off for a living, dear. Insults and criticisms are bound to follow.

At any rate, if this film helps you and others to understand FGM, all power to her says I. :D

Buuxo   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Picture the scene:

Camera pans into a black background with a shiny dot somewhere in the middle distance. It slowly starts to zoom into the dot with the music of Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons belting out
Big Girls Don't Cry
. The dot starts to get bigger and bigger. The words
Coca Cola
appear on the side. It's a closed can of coke with the top missing! Zoom out. Fade.

Say No To FGM.

Fade.

The End.

_MG_9735-copy-727643.jpg

:D:D I sprayed my computer ngonge.Caadi matihid. It has potential NG.

Rest of the thread is just blah & Buuq.

I watched the movie - - - the good thing about it is "there are alot of Somali actors...particularly the ciyaal from miyi" they are great actors, oscar worthy.

Ah the issue at hand, what is the argument about again? the modelling profession? about the FMG? or is it about "any message is as good as the profession of the deliverer?

Yaa wax isku qasay oo aan SOL ahayn.

Cheers

BOB   

Geel_Jire

I Nominate you as the Somali Hero Of The Year and know you've got my vote.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Cawaale   

I watched the movie and for the first time they used real Somali language.(remember black hawk down soundtracks..). The production was good and the actress performance was convincing. i like the Somali doctor's role who Interpreted for Waris at the clinic. that was soo Somali ;)

Good stuff and nonsense!!

WOW! Who knew Many MEN hold prostitutes in high steem :eek: :eek: Sheekadu whores are better may maraysaa? redface.gif Well, I have no experience with whores to speak of, so there.

Calling a glorified stripper a stripper is an insult? She takes her clothes off for a living, dear. Insults and criticisms are bound to follow.

I would realy rather you dont play these silly games. You can certaily call a stripper a stripper. A model a model, a midwife a midwife, an actress an actress, see where I'm going with this? Nice. Now go and promote this important film smile.gif