Sign in to follow this  
Cowke

Weris Diriye Film Coming Soon. (Trailer)

Kool_Kat   

Tan is qaawisa (model) hadalkeeda meesha uu ku dhaco tan is asturta magaaro? If the world is willing to listen to her, hey go right ahead! Isqaawiskeeda iyo isqaawis la'aanteeda iyada iyo ilaahigeeda bey utaal... ;)

Women of loose character always brings out the true character of a man.

It is in the tone of judgement of such women that one can truly detect a gentleman.

I have nothing else to add.

Geeljire, the truth is you cant date a model, why else are you bitter about her nakedness?

Ma wax adiga kuu taalo waayo? Did she take the clothes off for you or for herself? Who are you? You are nothing to her, so your opinion of her is irrelevant but what is relevant is her cause, not her body nor the path of her career.

Tuujiye   

2+2=5,

No, but you were mocking her for speaking against it.

can you show me? meesha aan ku mock gareeyey..

Neumann, is that the athiest sign?

Wareer Badanaa!!!

AYOUB   

Geeljire

Who is better suited (no pun) to show FGM does not work? Filinka fahan (no pun).

Malika   

^I expected more from you,but again your A man.. :rolleyes: ,so clever of you to 'fahan the film'[no pun].

You guys can call her whatever you want,can insult her as much as you want,YOU will never understand the impact of FGM on the lives of girls/women in a million years!

Your opinion of her matter's very little when it comes to this issue..dinaacas kaa maraa>>>>

Malika   

^ smile.gif Nah,you were not..Insulting our intelligence too..You were hinting to GJ that the complaints about the impact/affect of FGM are unfounded,as if this woman was like its claimed,she wouldnt have been doing what she does..

Ugly words about this woman,isnt gonna make you lot better people.

AYOUB   

^ No. It's the other way round. The reasons given by those championing FGM are undermined by campaigners like the lady in question.

BUKURR   

I heard after FGM, the women do not enjoy intimacy, is that true? But again most wicked traditions in Africa are preserved by women

PS. Is there any historical relation between Somali culture and the Egyptian one, because both of them were doing it for thousands of years I heard .

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Malika:

^I expected more from you,but again your A man.. :rolleyes: ,so clever of you to 'fahan the film'[no pun].

You guys can call her whatever you want,can insult her as much as you want,YOU will never understand the impact of FGM on the lives of girls/women in a million years!

Your opinion of her matter's very little when it comes to this issue..dinaacas kaa maraa>>>>

Just watched the trailor (with no sound) and can't really understand what you're on about there, Malika. :D

Looks like FGM is not the be all and end all of this movie. But, even if it is, the movie is directed at Western audiances and not the cackling witches that chop little girls up. icon_razz.gif

P.S.

We do understand. In fact, if I had the money and expertise, I reckon I could make a much better movie about FGM. It would be an advert and a movie all at the same time. I'll tell you about it if you ask nicely (and if there are no kids reading this). :D

Malika   

^I see they have sent their chief.... :rolleyes: , my response was for GJ rants.

I dont know what world you live in,but in this world I live in,the WEST make most decision in matter of 'state' of even states they have no authority [if you get my drift]..Funding for 'awareness' projects comes from the WEST,those old witches in the back streets of Africa/Asia or wherever else they practice are reached somehow..

Either you agree or disagree with this,since there has been much campaign,this has opened up discussions even among the practicers.

This issue,can not be sidelined it has to be debated at every avenue - In this case,the western audience..

pg. About the movie,I didnt watch that clip,neither would I watch the movie..As I said,the issue is bigger then Ms Dirie.

NGONGE   

^^ Nobody sent me anywhere. GJ had a point when attacking this woman. She's making a film about her life story not FGM itself. This is not a men v women thing, dear. Put down your feminist hammer. :D

At any rate, I have a feeling you will not like my advert-come-movie idea any more. I'll tell you anyway...

Picture the scene:

Camera pans into a black background with a shiny dot somewhere in the middle distance. It slowly starts to zoom into the dot with the music of Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons belting out Big Girls Don't Cry. The dot starts to get bigger and bigger. The words Coca Cola appear on the side. It's a closed can of coke with the top missing! Zoom out. Fade.

Say No To FGM.

Fade.

The End.

_MG_9735-copy-727643.jpg