Che -Guevara

Mustafa Mohamed Omar Selected as the president of the Somali Region Untill Next Election

YoniZ   
1 minute ago, Mooge said:

I wouldn't be surprised if @YoniZis next.

Mooge,

Although seeing the likes of Macron give me some heart. I think, I'm one generation behind 😋

Thanks to those who congratulated me and thanks too to those who disagreed with my selection. It is a good feeling to know our people has started to express their feelings freely without fear of persecution. This is what we fought for and yes we need plenty of dissent and disagreement to advance as a society! 

We will revolutionize somali politics. We will not be intimidated by criticism or lament. We will defeat reactionary ideas with better ideas; we will not criminalize or harass them. And we are determined to face-off with forces of negativity and sectarianism. It is our duty!

By Mustafa  Omar aka Abtigiis 

Mooge   

che, I don't think that was secret. where have you been hiding niyoow? Warsame is good guy changing lives niyoow.

Mooge   

As for Abtigiis, I wish him the best of luck. But where I am watching, which is were the"rubber-meets-road" (as it were) is when the Oromo's leadership in Addis-Ababa, who had promoted him into this "tough-nut-to-crack", this "poison-chalice-of-a-political-post", in turn decides that they wants him to help to calm the "Oromo's-land-grabbing-fever" against some Somali's villages or localities. And then ask him to "facilitate" such a thing, or help along such a "pure-land-grab" on the part of Oromia's regional authority or by some land-less Oromos.

oodweyne is right. @Abtigiiswill be judged on how he handles Oromo land grab.

42 minutes ago, Oodweyne said:

:D No, you got it wrong mate. I am good with what I do for Somaliland in here in UK (and it's all hush-hush affair, if you know what I mean,...:P)

Besides, I am all good  - Alxamdulilah - of the professional achievement (of a technical kind, actually) that I have achieved so far. And I am not actually interesting in public office of any kind. So, thanks for your concern, mate. But I will pass being in government's office, if you don't mind...:D

As for Abtigiis, I wish him the best of luck. But where I am watching, which is were the"rubber-meets-road" (as it were) is when the Oromo's leadership in Addis-Ababa, who had promoted him into this "tough-nut-to-crack", this "poison-chalice-of-a-political-post", in turn decides that they wants him to help to calm the "Oromo's-land-grabbing-fever" against some Somali's villages or localities. And then ask him to "facilitate" such a thing, or help along such a "pure-land-grab" on the part of Oromia's regional authority or by some land-less Oromos.

And at that point, he will prove himself to be a man he said he was all along, namely a different kind of "long-footed-chap". Which means he will say, no Prime-Minister, I can't be your "political stooge", although I owe you my leadership role. And furthermore, he will say, that, if you want to give some "red-meat" to your Oromia's base and to that chap by the name of Jawar Mahamad, who may be stirring things against you in that region, I can't really help you there Mr Prime-Minister at the expense of my people.

Or whether he will fall on his "sword" and essentially "salute" as he was ordered to do so. And then proceed to be as just another "long-footed-stooge" in which the government of Ethiopia have simply "saddled-him-up" to be the "fall guy" in the Somali region at their behest.

This is when we will know as to what his "political mettle" is actually made of. And we will know by then the sense of "his-moral-back-bone" and how solid it is.

Till then, lets not rain on his political honeymoon too early or too prematurely, shall we, lads. And whilst we are refraining to enter any "dark-cloud-of-a-prognosis" in here at the moment at his "political prospects", lets hope that such an scenario will not be faced by him in his time in office.

Or at least, lets hope that Prime-Minister Dr Abby Ahmed, knowing (and indeed recalling) the long and the "inglorious spectacles" of the Somali "political stooges" in this region, and how each of them lost respect of his people when they realize in turn that he is more loyal to the Addis-Ababa than he is to them, will not put his new leader of the Somali region into that "unenviable situation" of choosing either his "political patron" and what serves his interests (as certain Mr Illey used to do it for the late Mr Zenawi without fail), or his people's dignity, which is what he is nominally there to protect.

Long before they ask him or tell him to settle Oromos here are the departments where he will be tested:

1. Liyu As new envoy governor if you make unemployed of people that have the skill and craft of power security...you create an Iraq situation with the republican guard. That is for him and his sake. The Oromo would want nothing short of total destruction of this department. The way he handles this will be most significant. Remember the Oromo and Amhara were accusing their police of serving TPLF, but they did not do any changes afraid that things can go south.

2. ESTV This broadcast in Somali and Amharic functioned as if kililka is a country into itself. It was almost the only one that confronted Jawar and Oromo Media combined. ETV was neutral then and quoted both Somali and Oromo TVs. Right now ESTV is never mentioned, but Oromo media is quoted, by the minute.

3. Education this as well was fully autonomous as should be. There was accusation that kililka is not teaching things Ethiopian. If he makes changes in this department that is also sign

4. Corporations public corporations. Each kilil has these kinds. Everybody who did not get piece of the action in a blanket way says they are corrupt..across Ethiopia.

5. Relations with Ghelleh and coming election in Dirdawa. He has no direct instruments since Dirdahba is federal, but is battle ground and if the Somali can achieve alliance with Amhara and Hareri can succeed. Ghelleh has to finance this fully.

Mooge   

niyoow will the new president@Abtigiis reach out to our friend @xiinfaniinfrom maaneed iyo mirafadle to navigate the politics of Somali Region specially the area where Eagle clan is majority like Wardheer region. will he consult with other OG guys like @nuuneand reconcile two warring groups in OG? what will @Abtigiis do about Diridhaba Oromo land grap niyoow? million questions niyoow.

there is more testing ahead for @Abtigiis.

cadnaan1   

What's abtigiis gonna  do with liyu police knowing they brutally killed his brother.

My advice to him is not to dismantle them but to reform and keep them the Somali state needed them to defend the land against the Oromo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

galbeedi   

Waxa jira wax aad jeceshahay oo Shar kuugi Jiro, Iyo wax aad neceb tahay oo Khayr ku Jiro.

i was one of those who were wishing AHMED Shide or others from the other side of the coin. First, I felt like “ Marna Rasaaq , Marna Rashiid , inta kale ma rootibaa”.

Having said that,  listening and reading the initial remarks of the new president, it looks like we got a decent, civilized, educated and open minded Somali Nomad reflecting the new generation of forward looking Somalis of our time. He sounded more like some of the measured and logical guys of Sol like Che and others. 

His first pronouncements if letting Somalis speak and criticized is a huge step forward for most Somalis who are muzzled. Can you imagine the audacity of today’s Somali leaders from Djibouti to Kismaayo who had denied Somalis the right to vote, to earn a living , and even to room the land while poor, had decided to deny that poor nomad to even speak his mind. 

Our language has been written just over 40 years ago, and the only freedom we enjoy in the land of nomads is to talk and talk for bad or worse. As they say, the Somali misery loves  a company to talk, gossip and inform.

” Waar ninka ma inta aad gaajo ku riday, oo aad u diiday in uu wax doorto isna la doorto ayaad haddana afka qabatay “

if President Mustafe does these simple things he will achieve great things. Personally, I have a lot of issues to discuss with this new president including dismantling the many things that favour certain people, but now is not the time.

it looks like we got one of our own guy who understands the future of the Somali people and that Somali Galbred which has always been one of the indisputable Somali territories that many of our fathers and uncles paid a dear price to recover from the colonies.

cogratulations for common sense.

Have the feeling good things are coming for Somali Galbeed, Remember Abtigiis posts, he was very educated and knew Ethiopia very well, Congrats and best of luck.

It is highly likely the centre of 5 Somalis will be Jigjiga.

Abtigis has morals a bit unlike his kin  from qabridhahar I am sure he is not 90 percent a stooge but he will further the clanish interest of his clan. He is a bit more educated than ileey the slave of assefa tigraawy. Having said that  we cant know for sure one thing I know xabashis  are the enemies of Somalis in general  that won't change. Going from there abtigiis needs to a range of things he needs to 're establesh liyuu police train them  dicipline them.  He needs to go to every disrict in kilinka and work with the people and a honest power sharing formula needs to emerge.   And his biggest task will be dealing with the tigre and the gallas who are the biggest enemy of Somalis  I wish him luck inankan abtiiga u nahay