Che -Guevara

Mustafa Mohamed Omar Selected as the president of the Somali Region Untill Next Election

Not much is confirmed. It could be another trial balloon testing if Iley or Liyu will panic and take steps so that Abiy can bring army and create war to make radical changes.

The Oromo are not sure why the Somali is not behaving as expected nomad, quick to anger quick to action.

The guy has a lot of animosity with Iley and some payback he might try, but the ground is not good for that kind even with all the truth and lies mix total media campaign on Iley.

Him not haveing been part of the system is a plus normally, but minus in this case. There are departments in kililka that you cannot change unless you destroy them like ESTV, Police, Education and some businesses public corporations like building dams and roads.

To a small degree you can see why institutions are important. They are more than a person.

Tallaabo   

For so long I was worried that he could be one of the countless casualties of Iley and TPLf tyranny but I am glad he is well and alive. Congratulations @Abtigiis you are a principled man. 

YoniZ   

Congratulations to Abtigiis. No wonder he was one of the principled SOLers. 

Despite loose cannon kids deluting this platform, SOLers with principle and grit are what attracted and retained ppl in the politics section. 

We may realize, sooner than anyone might have expected, our forefathers' dream of united and prosperous Nomads, leading the people of the Horn to great success. 

The winds of change in the region look sometimes unstoppable.

YoniZ   
On 8/23/2018 at 6:43 PM, Che -Guevara said:

Cosmetic moves but I like it.

Che, 

These small symbolic steps are what's needed now.

Baby steps in the right direction, and the more important steps will follow, if they keep heading to the right direction. 

YoniZ   
25 minutes ago, Che -Guevara said:

ONLF has  backed Mustafa despite reservations.

It is the right thing for them to do. They are as outsiders as the president himself.

For them to have a chance of leading, they need time to reform and build broad consensus. 

Abtigiis will be sworn in on Sunday.

Yoniz,

One way to go is for him to rebrand the party and invite all parties. More Iley loyalists have been dismissed today. I have listened one of his interview, I liked the fact is reemphasizing Somali identity. I hope this is followed by concrete steps!

Mooge   
On ‎08‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 8:31 PM, galbeedi said:

Mooge , 

Do you know the guy?

yes Galbeedi. he is a good friend niyoow. I met him in Nairobi.

niyoow we had General Duke elected in Minnesota, then we had our friend ElPunto become minister of immigration in Canada and , then our friend Juje become UN rep for Somalia, and now we have Abtigiis elected Somali Region president. niyoow this little place SOL is a little gem walaahi.  we have all kinds of talents marauding around.

niyoow I thought @Oodweyne would be selected foreign minister of Somaliland last year walaahi but we know biixi want to keep his close clan friends in place so that never came for our SOL secessionist.

who is next?

YoniZ   

Allaha lagarab galo.

I liked the above 10 points advice from Emb. Abukar Arman for the new president. Reconciliation is the numbero uno priority. 

YoniZ   
10 minutes ago, Mooge said:

yes Galbeedi. he is a good friend niyoow. I met him in Nairobi.

niyoow we had General Duke elected in Minnesota, then we had our friend ElPunto become minister of immigration in Canada and , then our friend Juje become UN rep for Somalia, and now we have Abtigiis elected Somali Region president. niyoow this little place SOL is a little gem walaahi.  we have all kinds of talents marauding around.

niyoow I thought @Oodweyne would be selected foreign minister of Somaliland last year walaahi but we know biixi want to keep his close clan friends in place so that never came for our SOL secessionist.

who is next?

It has to be the time for our Galbeedi, who else has that grit and stamina 😀