Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

UK Elections 2010 Countdown

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Norfsky:

GB just lost the election.

Its the Tories.

Be ready folks.

Eight days early? You're having a laugh.

chubacka   

redface.gif Why Gordon why?

Although all the labour MPs are said to be breathing sigh of relief as they say it could have been MUCH, MUCH worse. :D

I am sure we have not seen the end of that islaan though.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

quote:Originally posted by Norfsky:

GB just lost the election.

Its the Tories.

Be ready folks.

Eight days early? You're having a laugh.
Its over saxib. That was a HUGE gaff by the PM. The pictures, the mic, the radio interview. What a day :D

N.O.R.F   

1141 BST: While on a walkabout in Rochdale, Greater Manchester, Mr Brown speaks to Mrs Duffy.

Gillian Duffy: How are you going to get us out of all this debt, Gordon?

PM: Well, deficit reduction plan, cut the debt by half over the next four years, we've got the plans, they've been set out to do it. Look, I was the person who came in...

GD: Three main things what I was drummed in when I was a child was education, health service and looking after people who are vulnerable.

PM: And that's what...

GD: But there's too many people now who aren't vulnerable but they can claim and people who are vulnerable can't get claim, can't get it.

PM: But they shouldn't be doing that. There's no life on the dole for people any more. If you're unemployed you've got to go back to work. It's six months...

GD: You can't say anything about the immigrants because you're saying that you're... all these Eastern Europeans what are coming in, where are they flocking from?

PM: A million people come from Europe but a million people, British people, have gone into Europe. You do know that there's a lot of British people staying in Europe as well?

Their conversation continues for a few more minutes, with Mrs Duffy mentioning university tuition fees and her grandchildren, before Mr Brown congratulates her on her choice of red jacket. He tells Mrs Duffy to take care, before they part.

BROWN COMMENTS IN CAR

1144 BST: Mr Brown gets in a car and is driven away - while still wearing his microphone.

PM: That was a disaster. Should never have put me with that woman ... whose idea was that?

Second voice: I don't know, I didn't see her.

PM: It's Sue, I think. It's just ridiculous. (Muffled sounds)

SV: What did she say?

PM: Ugh, everything - she's just a sort of bigoted woman, said she used to be Labour. It's just ridiculous

:rolleyes:

N.O.R.F   

Lets hope GB doesn't put his foot in it again. The man looks drained and that cringing smile he pulls (he has been told to smile more and just about manages a forced grin) :D