Xaaji Xunjuf

Since ONLF surrenderd to Ethiopia is it time to change the blue 5 pointed star flag for good

The good old flag adopted in 1954 as some sort of ethnic flag for ethnic Somalis in the horn in the Somali peninsula in 2018 the So called Mogadishu govt sides with a tigrayan dictator of asmara against a Somali country djibouti  pan somalism or ethno nationalism in the poltical sense is non existent in 2018. Admiral osman  also surrenderd to the galla administration in addis Ababa few days ago.  The  5 regions and Somali countrys the flag symbolises  is djibouti Somaliland  kilinka shabaad Kenyas north eastern province and Somalia.  Djibouti in 1977 became an independent country  Somaliland redeclared it's independence 18 may .after uniting shortly with Somalia  to form the now  defunct Somali republic.  NFD gave up it's shifta wars and it's resistance are proud kenyans and are even willing to annex kismayo as part of  kenya because kismayo was once part of British east Africa before it was sold to the Italians  ONLF  the last independence movement in kilinka joined the  galla administration. Somalia is divided into 5  tribal States puntland galmudug hirshabelle south western state jubbaland. Raskambooni to raas caseer has now  5 sub admins 7 actually if we include the dysfunctional sfg  And alshabaab which  rules much much of south central Somalia.

It's time to change the flag  change it to a blue star and white background.  So that the blue  star symbolizes  The 5 clan states of  Italian Somalia a new chapter a new era 2018 I think the cheeseman by the name of Farmaajo Italian for cheese can agree with this.

• Like 1

Blah blah blah...waa nala aqoonsan waaye calanka hala badalo...yada yada yada...JWXO ayaa xabadjoojin ku dhawaaqday ee calanka baluugga hala badalo...blah blah blah...Eritareeya iyo Soomaaliya ayaa xiriirkooda kor u kacay ee calanka hala badalo...yada yada yada...Jabuuti ayaa ka xanaaqday arrintaas ee calanka hala badalo...blah blah blah

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 2

Miskin macruuf thinks calanka represents baydhabo alone and sharif sakins admin protected by xabashida. It' madness some koonfurians still believe in. Calanka if it loses its meaning wala badala ileen wuxu wa maro Quran maha. Indho adayg waxba ma tarto. Puntland galmudug jubbaland  And hirshabelle all have their separate flags. Calano cusub bala wada samystey so what's so special about the blue one  ma maalik jabriel baa samada ka so dedjiyey ... people have to adapt as time  And circumstances changes .

War ileen tan  ooh kalle.

Somali galbeed is in the most critical situation it's on the brink to be invaded by galla hordes. Who are will about plundering  and killing lynching and machhttas. This can be a unifying factor since all Somalis live in kilinka shanaad. There is a war in babile in negeyle in Liban distict and moyaale and in southern hararghe region 

They are attacking us  on all fronts.  Djibouti is being encircled by the habashas and Arabs. And the guy in the amisom  bunker doesn't seem to care. I know the djiboutians are very dissatisfied horta  hiil walaal wey beenowday.

• Thanks 1

Saalax   
23 minutes ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

Blah blah blah...waa nala aqoonsan waaye calanka hala badalo...yada yada yada...JWXO ayaa xabadjoojin ku dhawaaqday ee calanka baluugga hala badalo...blah blah blah...Eritareeya iyo Soomaaliya ayaa xiriirkooda kor u kacay ee calanka hala badalo...yada yada yada...Jabuuti ayaa ka xanaaqday arrintaas ee calanka hala badalo...blah blah blah

:D :D :D

Waxkale meesha kuma hayan.

I think first we need to unite galkacyo this is the biggest divide in the entire Somalia.  Somalia it's self is the most disunifed country it has no central govt. Since embegati  the situation seems to be the same Islamist holding the land  the sfg holding the toothless paper govt. I think first maakhir you need to unify Somalia and all its opposing fractions  clan states  rebel movement  Islamist groups. Whether they call themselves ala sheikh islaaxdamuljadiid ikhwaani or shabaab. That's one problem. I think solving  this problem Somalia needs atleast another 40 years. Once Somalia has a functioning govt than it needs to open talks with Somaliland about future relations  you know where Somaliland stands the koonfurians need to understand where  the people of Somaliland who have been fighting for re independence for almost 40 years since 1979. Imagine  In 2058 . Somaliland and Somalia having talks about  their relationship.  This contentious conflict won't be solved It  will be a cold war between them knowing Africans they won't agree on talks. And both sides will be hostile towards each other similar norrh korea south Korea. After anothee half a century  maybe in the year 2100. They might agree to respect each other boundaries.  And then there is the nfd  question whether Somalia in Mogadishu has  the balls in  2058 to claim Kenya's north eastern province and  will they challenge Kenya if they do maybe nfd can be United with Italian Somalia.  But first  we need to go te year 2058 for that to happen

Aroori   

Even if the Somali peninsula accommodates (balkanized into) a thousands different nations, the flag of our Ethnicity will fly high --at least in the mind and heart of Somalis if not physically-- and every one of those nations will incorporate either the pale blue color or some iteration of the star into their own flag. 

11 hours ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

The good old flag adopted in 1954 as some sort of ethnic flag for ethnic Somalis in the horn in the Somali peninsula in 2018 the So called Mogadishu govt sides with a tigrayan dictator of asmara against a Somali country djibouti  pan somalism or ethno nationalism in the poltical sense is non existent in 2018. Admiral osman  also surrenderd to the galla administration in addis Ababa few days ago.  The  5 regions and Somali countrys the flag symbolises  is djibouti Somaliland  kilinka shabaad Kenyas north eastern province and Somalia.  Djibouti in 1977 became an independent country  Somaliland redeclared it's independence 18 may .after uniting shortly with Somalia  to form the now  defunct Somali republic.  NFD gave up it's shifta wars and it's resistance are proud kenyans and are even willing to annex kismayo as part of  kenya because kismayo was once part of British east Africa before it was sold to the Italians  ONLF  the last independence movement in kilinka joined the  galla administration. Somalia is divided into 5  tribal States puntland galmudug hirshabelle south western state jubbaland. Raskambooni to raas caseer has now  5 sub admins 7 actually if we include the dysfunctional sfg  And alshabaab which  rules much much of south central Somalia.

It's time to change the flag  change it to a blue star and white background.  So that the blue  star symbolizes  The 5 clan states of  Italian Somalia a new chapter a new era 2018 I think the cheeseman by the name of Farmaajo Italian for cheese can agree with this.

Somalia could only have united Djibouti by force of arms.

Ethiopia was only country that could have asked since it was Ethiopia that signed 99 year lease to France and not Somalia.

Somalia also has to split Djibouti since the land is half and half between Somali and Afar.

I think Djibouti was a hail merry kind of inclusion.

When Britain had agreed to give up NFD and Kililka and organized a conference to unite all Somali under one country except those in Djibouti, it was the Somali who rejected the idea. 50 years wasted looking both directions to unite all or to develop separately. Politicians playing one against the other depending on the times.

ONLF did not give up the right to self determination. The only thing ONLF is negotiating is that it will struggle with guns or political only. OLF of Oromo is also the same.

Old observer I used to hear that claim back in the 1980s by amharas when i lived in Ethiopia I  always asked    do you amharas  have a  document which says u  leased djibouti to the French no amhara can show this said document.  Do you think a man  as powerful  as  king Haille selassie aka janhoy  with his charesma and majestic imperialistic agenda would claim Eritrea and nullify their federation treaty but would not claim djibouti. Menelik never held djibouti territory so you can't  lease land you don't own or occupy to a 3rd party. Djibouti is a Somali country the afars are a minority in djibouti  75 percent of Djibouti is Somali economically parliamentary socially. Djibouti is a Somali country.  Afars and Somalis are close linguistic cousins though.

27 minutes ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

Old observer I used to hear that claim back in the 1980s by amharas when i lived in Ethiopia I  always asked    do you amharas  have a  document which says u  leased djibouti to the French no amhara can show this said document.  Do you think a man  as powerful  as  king Haille selassie aka janhoy  with his charesma and majestic imperialistic agenda would claim Eritrea and nullify their federation treaty but would not claim djibouti. Menelik never held djibouti territory so you can't  lease land you don't own or occupy to a 3rd party. Djibouti is a Somali country the afars are a minority in djibouti  75 percent of Djibouti is Somali economically parliamentary socially. Djibouti is a Somali country.  Afars and Somalis are close linguistic cousins though.

I don't have the 99 year lease for Djibouti. Djibouti was not a port then. Only Zeila and Tajura were useful ports for Europeans and Middle East. Even Assab was not a port.

Tajura was under Menelik by default since Menelik king of Shiwa was given by Yohannes the king of kings east, south and west of Shiwa which includes part of kililka and Harer. The French first were on the Afar portion only later moved to Somali side and both. The Afar Sulatan fought against Minelik and was defeated jointly by Menelik and Italians with French blocking him.

Haileslassie was long gone when the French were ready to decolonize Djibouti. Ethiopia was changing generals then and Mengistu has just taken the seat.

The population of Djibouti is 60/40 Somali Afar. There is more than 100,000 from Ethiopia that is not included mostly Xabeshi. about 15% of the Somali is dual citizen with Ethiopia. They choose primary country based on the opportunity. Both Ethiopia and Djibouti have never been strict about this, maybe now they will since mistrust is slowly building.

There is no cousins or brothers among nomads lol actually cousins and brothers fight more than with outsiders.

Tallaabo   
21 hours ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

You are just avoiding the unfortunate facts  Xaaji Xunjuf mentioned. It is of no use putting your fingers in your ears and screaming lalalalala like a naughty child. 

Observer king yohannes reign was even smaller than menelik and also smaller territory he rued over

king yohannes Abyssinia was even much smaller  Than what menelik created my point is if  king haile selassie had such treaty agreement in his safe in menelik palace do you think he would  just sit there and do nothing. He would challenge the French I think the Abyssinian were lying it's a mere myth  just like the arch of covenant. Nobody has seen  The lease treaty.  As for the Somali afar population I guess you haven't visited djibouti  The past  40 years demographic changed allot in djibouti since  The country independence I think observer your to long in qurbaha.

On 8/15/2018 at 7:56 AM, maakhiri1 said:

Xaaji, what you chances of all 5 Somalis uniting AGAIN?  considering whay is happening in Somali Galbeed, Djibouti?

It is still possible. All the countries of HOA are going no where the way they are. Everyone of them has fundamental problem the way it was bordered. No development work no matter how good can succeed. All these places had sultanates and kingdoms long before the rest of Africa and Arabs were nomadic, hunter gatherer tribes.

It only takes one strong kingdom or sultanate to create chaos and then one big settlement conference to solve the chaos.

Or the best way would be for Somali to have secret society in all enclaves develop each but with common characteristics. Then make the countries have an EU style union and slowly consolidate. The down side to this is takes time about 3 generations. People that lead should be trustworthy they will not deviate regardless who is the boss of the world or region.