Sign in to follow this  
MZanzi

Fitness Freaks

Urban   

Choc & Honey.. but, I don't wanna do cardio :( . I'm not a bodybuilder (I certainly dont look like one right now) but I deadlift and squat close to 1.5 x my body weight, when I eat around 2000kcal I feel sleepy after a couple of sets of those lifts. Oh and did I mention I don't drink enough water? I think I may be a tad bit dehydrated..

Adam, brother. My diet is high protein/high fat/low carbs. It's similar to what I've posted on page 13, but my portions are really big, enough for 2 usually, it has changed slightly since I posted it. Check out Linwoods products, look at the nutritional value of each packet, it's such an easy way of bumping up your calories, you can sprinkle them over your dinner, and add a couple of spoons in your shakes, I buy mine from Holland & Barrett and use the 2 green ones. I also snack on mixed nuts, about a cup or less.

STOIC   

I had some middle Eastern food today (not the MOST healthy food).I Just did two miles on the treadmill and some bench press..Time to seat my butt down and Study some Oral pathology....Feels good after you work out......

Chimera   

Originally posted by Urban:

Choc & Honey.. but, I don't wanna do cardio
:(
. I'm not a bodybuilder (I certainly dont look like one right now) but I deadlift and squat close to 1.5 x my body weight, when I eat around 2000kcal I feel sleepy after a couple of sets of those lifts. Oh and did I mention I don't drink enough water? I think I may be a tad bit dehydrated..

Adam, brother. My diet is high protein/high fat/low carbs. It's similar to what I've posted on page 13, but my portions are really big, enough for 2 usually, it has changed slightly since I posted it. Check out
, look at the nutritional value of each packet, it's such an easy way of bumping up your calories, you can sprinkle them over your dinner, and add a couple of spoons in your shakes, I buy mine from Holland & Barrett and use the 2 green ones. I also snack on mixed nuts, about a cup or less.

Lol sxb, if a topic has more than 10 pages i only stick to the last page :D . Interesting diet plan, lots of protein there. Make sure you also take one multi-vitamin a day, to get your RDA of A,C,D,E.

Thanks for the link, have you tried the other ones?

Choc & Honey.. but, I don't wanna do cardio . I'm not a bodybuilder (I certainly dont look like one right now) but I deadlift and squat close to 1.5 x my body weight, when I eat around 2000kcal I feel sleepy after a couple of sets of those lifts. Oh and did I mention I don't drink enough water? I think I may be a tad bit dehydrated..

Cardio is essential brother and not only for getting fit but for your heart too. There are so many new studies disputing the amount of calories lean muscle burns(at first it was thought to be around 50cal but now they're saying it is around 15-20cal). Regardless of how heavy you lift(unless you're sweating and panting), you're not burning enough calories. At least go down to 3000 for now and then see what other areas you can cut. Maybe you can drink a protien shake thats around 300-400 cal right before you lift?

Chimera   

I'm going to try this diet plan from our Somali brother Hassan Jama:

Meal 1

1 cup milk-60g Whey

2 packs flavoured oats

Meal 2

8-10oz meat chicken or Steak

2-3 Cups White Rice

1 Cup Vegetables

Meal 3

2-3 Cups White Rice

1 Cup Vegetables

Meal 4 post workout

60g Whey

1 bottle soda or powerade

Meal 5

10oz Potato

Meal 6

2 cans tuna

1 Cup Rice

1 Cup Vegetables

http://www.jamastunna.com/

Urban   

I just came back from a quick test run, it was good, but my throat feels sore out of all places. And I managed 3 whole minutes, I'll add an extra 2 mins tomorrow. I'm targetting 20 mins by next Sunday.

In your face Hodman! *self five*. What's goin on with your coat rack?

That's an aweful lot of solid foods Adam, and 2 cans of Tuna? You're a very brave man hihih. What are your goals Adam? Jama's physique?

By the way, I read that url as jama's tunna.

Chimera   

No i'm muscular, but i would like to add around 5kg of lean muscle by the end of May, basically a bit bigger. I'm not interested in becoming a bodybuilder, though i respect Hassan Jama's discipline and devotion. He has five older brothers who are also muscular like him, some do modelling and others play a specific Canadian sport, very interesting family.

His dietplan is going to kill me, but its good to hit the limit once in a while, so i can reach a new stage.

Khayr   

Meal 1

1 cup milk-60g Whey

2 packs flavoured oats

thats too much to eat. 60g of whey will fill you up easily. You won't have room for oatmeal after that. This is a Sumo wrestler diet, saxib.

I've taken to only drinking a protein shake this past week. My body is adjusting to eat and so far, so good.

I started eating sardines the other day. Super food and really cheap. Just make sure you eat it spicy, to get rid of the fish smell and slimy feeling.

Stoic, how do you run 2 miles and still have energy to do bench? Anyways, saxib best of luck with school.

I'm going to try this diet plan from our Somali brother Hassan Jama:

Meal 1

1 cup milk-60g Whey

2 packs flavoured oats

Meal 2

2-3 Cups White Rice

1 Cup Vegetables

Meal 3

2-3 Cups White Rice

1 Cup Vegetables

Meal 4 post workout

60g Whey

1 bottle soda or powerade

Meal 5

10oz Potato

Meal 6

2 cans tuna

1 Cup Rice

1 Cup Vegetables

ADAM, NOOOOOOOO!! Unless you plan to spend atleast two hours at the gym EVERYDAY, you'll end up FAT. Thats way too much food. I see all kinds of big muscular men with bulging muscles AND fat rolls frozen under the muscle tissues. Disgusting.

Chimera   

Cara lol i have no clue to be honest, it could be Rugby or something similar.

Originally posted by Urban:

That's an aweful lot of solid foods Adam, and 2 cans of Tuna? You're a very brave man hihih.

I tried to get two tuna cans into my system everyday this weekend by eating them plain, but blehhhh it is disgusting, i think i'm going try and put it in a mixer with my regular shakie:

Ultra power supershake 2010

-50g Musclegain powder

-1 Banana

-2 cans tuna

-a small bowl of oats

-3 strawberries

My biceps, triceps and quadriceps are either going to grow like crazy, or i will end up in the Intensive Care unit :D

C&H, i want to be a fattie muscleman, leave me alone icon_razz.gif