Sign in to follow this  
MZanzi

Fitness Freaks

Urban   

I feel really bad for missing my workout today, and on top of that I've just finished eating a Kit Kat Chunky and a Snicker bar (licking off the peanuts between my teeth as I type, my fav part). I don't recover from set backs that well, I either stay very disciplined or take that day off completely and go all out. I had strawberry cheesecake before the chocolates :D .

It's a shame 'cause I've been doing well for the last couple of weeks, my legs and bum getting bigger and trousers starting to feel tighter. I've put on about 3kgs during the last 9 weeks, but I'll do my body fat calculations tomorrow, maybe.

My diet is nearly like this:

Work out day:

Brekkie - Protein shake (whey protein, oats, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, and some other crap i cant remember from the packet) With whole milk.

Post Workout - Protein shake (Water, strawberry whey, frozen blueberries and raspberries) Simply delish..

Meal 1 - Omelette (5 eggs, an onion, can of tuna OR mince beef)

Meal 2 - I spit the above meal in 2, i eat the other half now)

Meal 3 - Mixed nuts

Meal 4 - Massive grilled chicken breast, spinach served on top of fried onions, olive oil and lemon dressing. YUMMY!

Bedtime - Casein protein shake made with whole milk, Fish oil capsule

------

No Workout day:

Brekkie - Casein protein shake with whole milk, blended with mixed seeds (pumkin, sunflower etc etc)

Snack - Mixed Nuts

Lunch - Can of Salmon, Broccoli and spinach salad

Snack - Carrots, cucumber, 2 Muller yoghurts

Dinner - Same as meal 4 above, chicken breast.

Bedtime - Same as breakfast minus the seeds, Black seed oil.

Weekends I eat whatever's left from the week's shopping, order a pizza or cook baasto al forno with bechamel sauce, my fav meal in the world.

I'm not entirely satisfied with my meal plan, I still feel hungry between the meals, it might be the lack of wholewheat stuff, dunno.

Ms DD   

Wow Sheh, things have changed since I left. Why werent you this diligent when i was there?

Anyway I have been making huge changes in the last couple of months. New eating habits, drinking 3 or more litres a day and exercising to my wii boxing (thanks to faheema and ibti for the intro). I have been seeing huge difference and Long may it continue.

I have one problem.. I love my food salty and apparently, it isnt good for the body but lemon waxba ma tareyso. How will this effect my weightloss i wonder?

^DD, I was deling with other things then. Trust me there's always something I'm up to LoL.

The salt has got to be reduced. Don't add it to food while cooking. Add it to the portion you are consuming when it's on your plate, you will eat less of it that way; use the same technique for lemon, lime. Try soy sauce. Excessive salt, especially the processed salt we eat can make you retain water and increase chances of high blood pressure. The fewer packaged food you consume, the less salt you will end up eating.

Urban, you are on a low carb and low fat diet. No wonder you are hungry. Introduce a little more of one of the above on your workout days and monitor impact. Bet you're not as hungry at the weekend. Also, more fibre, it'll help you feel fuller- add ground flax seeds to your shakes or yoghurt.

N.O.R.F   

^SOL's nutritionist ayaad tahay miya?

Joined a gym and they assessed me. I'm 95kg with 27kg of that being fat! Never had any fat let alone 27kg! Put on in less than 2 years.

Never thought I would be trying to lose weight :(

MZanzi   

^^^LoooL norfy you shouldn't worry about losing weight you can turn the fat into muscle if you do weight lifting and little bit of cardio

EDIT:KFC iska kala yaree

MZanzi   

Joined a gym and they assessed me. I'm 95kg with 27kg of that being fat!

Norfy Remember that many methods of finding body fat percentage are not accurate, so don't let them stress you out.

N.O.R.F   

^Carabisation dhe :D

Originally posted by Fu-Fu:

lol did you use the hand-held monitor ?

Yes. Amazing how it can work out your fat and muscle mass by holding a couple of wires :D

^am not a nutritionist or anytihng like that. I've always paid attention to health matters but now am learning actively. I might train in healing using nature though.

You're 28% fat, that's not too bad, just reduce by a few percentages. Get a gadget that can monitor your progress; it may not be accurate but used consistently you can at least see your changes going in the right direction.

What did they say about the ankle?