Sign in to follow this  
MZanzi

Fitness Freaks

N.O.R.F   

Sprained my ankle again. Twisted my ankles numerous time before but this is the worst yet. Great timing as I joined the gym this week and planning to start the muruq building and baruur losing course tomorrow.

ps I thought this was a 'fitness' thread? Cunto uun ayaa laga hadlaya.

N.O.R.F   

^ I stretch extensively before I play. Jumped into the keeper and landed twisting my ankle. So painful :( Just when I was feeling good about my self. Now no running for at least a month.

I'm with eating well when coupled with getting fit. Just eating well isn't enough.

I never said it was.

I wondered what a keeper was, I imagined some kind of an exercise gadget. LoL. Duh, then the penny dropped.

I hurt my ankle this time last year and it took a fair while to stop hurting.

Try these

N.O.R.F   

Thanks. Will do when able to stand/walk (it's that bad).

Seeing an orthopedic (is that the correct term?) in a few days.

^miskiin. I went to A&E lol 2 days later as I had screwed up my knee at the same time. The whole leg was useless, both knee and ankle swollen and unrecoginsable. Later my hip started hurting as I was compensating for the ankle and knee. Ice pack helps a great deal. A bag of frozen pease from the freezer works too. smile.gif

N.O.R.F   

^Miskiina :D

I hobbled out of the park and drove to A&E. Doctor tells me I'm tough cos I'm Somali :D

They gave me a 'Ice Feel' Cold bandage and pain killers which is working so far.

Now on the couch watching Eastenders Xmas special :D

^LOL. I stood on one leg for 20 minutes thinking it's too embarrassing to call an abulance for an ankle. I grabbed a guy finally and he helped me into a coffe shop where I asked for ice and left them with a huge puddle an hour later. Walked all day thinking, bah, see I am alright. Next morning, oh-oh, couldn't even unbend leg. Waited one more day so I could be sure I was in a bad state. Nutter.

Get well. smile.gif

Paragon   

You two are accident prone.

But I fell bad yesterday, and I was utterly hungry coming back from a long trip. I grumbled like I've never known. It was a long way down and the back of my head got the impact. Thought my head really exploded. Indho went zam! Weird experience. You see things you arent suppose to see.

You were curious about low carb eating; is it do with weight loss or something else? You can't stick with how you eat and incorporate my tips. You will become sick or your metabolism will slow down. It's either lower carb or lower fat.

I want to do Low-Carb. I am thinking about purchasing the SouthBeach Diet book as I read it is less restrictive than Atkins. It's just like Atkins. Can you tell me what you ate, say for a day when you were at 50gr carb?

And yh, it is for weight loss. I have about 5-10lbs to lose in order to see a real definition in my abs.

Paragon, at least the ground was cold, eh? LoL, sorry get well. Drink lots of tea and get someone to her fingers through your hair. Hehe.

C&H, get a low carb book then, not necessarily a diet one. It's a whole new way of thinking so will need some 'courage' lol to eat FAT and resist cravings. :D

50 gram is quite restrictive so it's out with bread, pasta, rice, veggies like carrots, potatoes, fruits, oats. Here's a chart, eat more from the bottom of the pyramid.

pyramid

I ate eggs, meat, fish, chicken, cheese, lots of greens and used olive oil, coconut oil and butter to cook with.

I'll look for some links. Half a cup of cooked porridge is 10 grams of carb, a pitta bread is 25 grams so you can see how easy it would be to consume 50grams first thing in the morning and be stuck.