Sign in to follow this  
MZanzi

Fitness Freaks

Chimera   

The Flu is beating the shit out of me, so I bought some multi-vmins today and lots of fruit, epic fruit like PineApples, Mango, Bananas, Manderins, Pear, Apples!

Chimera   

Ninkan caadi ma'aha 6000 calories!!!?!! I wish I was a celebrity, then I could just hire a cook that makes proper Protein-Carb loaded meals for me 8 times a day.

Wolverine 2: Hugh is Jack'd, Man!

hugh_jackman_wv.jpg&w=270

Take a look at Hugh Jackman as he heads to the gym getting jacked up for "Wolverine 2." The actor is said to be on a 6000 calorie per day diet recommended by Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. "Basically it's steak or chicken, broccoli and cauliflower, and sometimes rice but only up until lunch time," he explained. "That's it eight times per day. It's like a job in itself."Jackman has stated that he is trying to look more like Wolverine - who is actually around 5'2'' in the comics - for the new Wolverine movie directed by Darren Aronofsky.

"Darren said with the last one, ‘Hey you looked great, but you’re so tall that in those long shots you looked kind of like Clint Eastwood, and that’s not Wolverine,'" explains Jackman. "He said that Wolverine, in the comics, is powerful, stocky, you know, he’s short and thick. So he said, ‘I want you to go there, get bigger.’"In the previous movie, X:Men Origins: Wolverine, the 6'2'' actor only came in at a buck-ninety.“Right now, I’m at 210,” Jackman says of his current weight, the result of an intense diet and workout regime. “It’s 6,000 calories a day. It’s rough.”

This new Wolverine is actually not a sequel and is a stand alone where Wolverine heads on over to Japan based on the 1982 Wolverine comic book mini series, from legendary comic scribe Chris Claremont and Frank Miller -who also penned 300 and Sin City.

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/wolverine-2-hugh-jackd-man

Chimera   

Hassan's brother is a professional model, and a 6'3'' 220 lb giant;

aj_jama.jpg

Canadian sports model A.J. Jama is about as diverse a sports model there can be. The 6'3", 220 athlete played professional rugby in Europe for 4 years and in the CFL for 2 years. Since he was 18 years old, A.J.'s been modeling in Canada and he says, "I do a lot of acting, so being an actor/model is my greatest ambition." That's coming from a guy who earned his aerospace engineering degree and professionally is an aircraft systems engineer. A.J. has eight brothers and sports run in his family. "I love sport motorcycles. But it's just one of my many passions," says A.J. His youngest brother, Hassan, is an accomplished amateur bodybuilder. A.J. is represented by Take One Talent in Ottawa, Canada.

Great to see this thread revived. I'm 6'2 and weigh around 175lb or 80kg. Very athletic considering I’m central midfielder (Sunday League). I have seen some fantastic gains in the gym but not in size mainly in strength; size gain has been minimal despite going 3 days a week. Doing all core lifts, bench, dead, squats plus supersets etc. The big issue is eating enough food. To lazy, juggling work and uni and so on. But inshallah I’m planning on hitting the gym hard this summer 4x a week whilst upping my calorie intake to 4500 a day. Ideal weight will be 90kg.

How are people going to cope with Ramadan this year. Especially those in Europe. Those in London are in stock for these times from 1st August.

Sunrise:05:23

Sunset:20:51

Urban   

I haven't trained seriously for almost a year now, once stronglifts 5x5 got too difficult, I tried making my own program but still without the desired results. I only got stronger but my body remained almost the same. Getting the diet right is actually harder than the training itself.. any tips?

Chimera   

Archdemos food and rest are just as important as training, make sure you got all three figured out, also stop planning bro, summer is already on our doorsteps lol.

Urban, try squatting, its the only single excercise that will result in you getting stronger and bigger from head to toe, because when you squat your entire body is flooded with natural anabolic hormones like growth hormone, insulin and testosterone that reach every single muscle group and in the process stimulate growth.

Having the right type of music is also essential. I realised early on that nothing in my pop/R&B/Hip-hop filled Ipod really gave me that push I really needed. Today I have around 10 death metal songs that give me the kick to do one or several more reps.

Urban   

Hey Adam (stop changing nicknames dude), I can't listen to music when I'm doing any work or training, makes it hard for me to concentrate. For me music is only for long walks or bus rides.

As for the squat, 'stronglifts' is based on that exercise, 3 times a week to be precise, for 5 sets of 5 reps. You start with the empty olympic bar which is 20kg, and you progress by adding 2.5kg every workout. I eventually reached 97.5 kg on the squat and 120kg on the deadlift (only 1x5), but other than my thighs getting massive, I didn't notice that much difference in the rest of my body.

I've stopped doing the squat now and trying to come up with a routine based on the deadlifts (it's my fav exercise), but specifically for muscle hypertrophy. I don't care much for the strength gains to be honest.

How do you train? What's your routine like?

Chimera   

Ha, I had a good reason for those name-changes, but the new SOL system doesn't allow it anymore, Chimera has been my name for a couple of months know sxb. I can't train without music because of all the distractions in the gym, so it seems to be the direct opposite of your situation.

With stronglifts I thought you ment that excercise you see on olympic competitions where they pick up the bar, leave it on their chest and shoulders for a sec, and then see them push it above their heads. If higher weights don't stimulate growth, then changing your system to one of more reps and lighter weights could be the answer. You also have to have a clear vision of what you want to look like, the moment I did that, I began to see real results.

Monday: Chest, Triceps

Tuesday: Rest

Wednesday: Shoulders

Thursday: Back and Biceps

Friday: Rest

Saturday: Legs, abs

Sunday: Rest

I periodically switch between free weights and machines, and when I feel I have reached a plateau, I increase the weight, or do supersets.

Urban   

There is a clear picture of what I want to look like, but something in your statement made me think for a while, and I realized that I used to focus on the end result too much that I didn't notice the small changes, even when others did.

I'll give strength training another chance and see how it goes for at least a year, this time I'll have to try harder to eat cleaner.

Bring it!

symie_sermay.jpg