Sign in to follow this  
MZanzi

Fitness Freaks

Khayr   

Salamz,

So today I went to the gym early in the morning before fajr time. It was tough, I couldn't lift a thing after cardio and I went without eating anything.

I go to a women-only gym and January is the only time in the whole year that my gym is crowded. the rest of the year (especially Nov) it's so quiet/peaceful :D

I'm so looking forward to people forgetting about their 'get fit' resolutions icon_razz.gif

STOIC   

A good trainning partner can be your greatest asset.I teamed up with a classmate.We go to the school gym on lunch breaks everyday.It is the best way to spend my break in between class instead of hogging down those Philly Cheesteaks and chewing fats on the school hallways..I'm already seeing big changes like taking the stairs instead of the elevator between the clinic and classes buildings...I'm more active and don't fall a sleep easily when I'm studying at night...

Some days I work on upper arms (biceps, elbow flexions) while other days back and upper back.I mostly do incline bench press,bent-up flyes with the dumbells, and I run few miles.I just wanna tone my muscles...also getting old gotta keep moving

Stoic,

Thats the best thing to do for yourself.

Sheh,

Maya Maya, summer is coming(What?I cant fantasize?)and thats my motivation. I'm low-carbing now.I have never ingested so much protein and lettuce in my life! I'm seeing a small difference though.

Heard you were sick, how are you feeling now? And how is your diet?

low dash carbing, eh question mark. My diet was good for a couple of days then I got sick and food became an enemy. Yesterday and today were almost normal though I stopped the drugs and suffered a small relapse. I am fine alhamdullilah. The pain was horrific walaahey.

I am almost anaemic according to the long list of results the docs at the hospital gave me. Considering how well I was eating I must have just come out of anaemia recently. I absolutely have to eat more red meat and greens but I know it get tedious. How long have you been doing it question mark. Choose the greens even more carefully and you will see a big difference, also chug on some fat. LoL.

I am almost anaemic according to the long list of results the docs at the hospital gave me. Considering how well I was eating I must have just come out of anaemia recently. I absolutely have to eat more red meat and greens but I know it get tedious. How long have you been doing it question mark. Choose the greens even more carefully and you will see a big difference, also chug on some fat. LoL.

:(:(:( OH NO!You got THAT sick? Ilaahay ha ku siiyo caafimaad deg deg ah IA.

I have been doing modified version of Atkins for a week now(about 30grams of net carbs)and I feel difference in my energy and waist. However, I'm nervous about the FAT intake. I had some full FAT Mayo yesterday and I almost hyperventilated smile.gif . I guess all those years of health education "experts's" warning about the dangers of FAT has made me paranoid. But I'm taking in more Olive Oil(cant stomach butter. I was never a fan)and full fat cheese and Mayo.

thanks, yeah it was BAD, wheresmymamabad, waan ashahaatey, I had more than one thing at once, go figure. They said they were not connected necessarily. The almost amaemia was a warning and not the cause of my illnesses. While I was a few days into the madness I caught a mofo flu bug. More fever and feeling like death. Hope it wiped out a ton of sin.

Eating fat takes courage lol. And yes the waist is the first to shrink. The butt and the hips follow. Of course the fastest way is to get 3 different conditions within a week. If it doesnt kill you, it will make for dinner party conversation.

Eating fat takes courage lol. And yes the waist is the first to shrink. The butt and the hips follow. Of course the fastest way is to get 3 different conditions within a week. If it doesnt kill you, it will make for dinner party conversation.

:D:D It does take a LOT of courage. I say, no- thank -you to the sickness. Dont worry about dieting right now. Just eat like a horse until you get better. Hugzzzzzzzzzzz!