Sign in to follow this  
MZanzi

Fitness Freaks

LoL, OK.

Cereal grains: mailny oats, wheat, rye, barley, rice, buckwheat, millet

Oats, Bran, Wheat, Corn/Maize and Rice are the core ingredients of breakfast dishes. Start with these and add:

Bran: a by-product of wheat, rice, corn, oats, barley, millet. Wherever it comes from, it's a good source of fibre.

Also add:

Seeds: sunflower, pumpkin, flax/linseed, sesame etc. Sunflower is a power seed(vitamins, fibre, protein, vitamins)

Fruits: dried berries, dates, apricots, raisins

Nuts: almonds, cashew, walnut etc

Depending on how you add all the above together you get one of the below:

Porridge: Oats cooked in water or milk or a combination. Either sweetened or salted. You can get instant porrdige but it comes with add-ons that aid the cooking process. Nothing bad that I see(semi-skimmed milk powder etc).

Semolina Porridge: semolina, milk, salt, sugar. Semolina is made from a type of wheat known as durum wheat. I make this from scratch.

Muesli: rolled oats, fruits, nuts, seeds, some wheat. Add milk and honey/sugar to taste. You can find pre-packaged muesli but compare the nutritional info. Some will be packed with ickiness. Again you can make your own.

Granola: similar to above but the ingredients are baked till crispy. Oats, nuts, raisins etc. I eat this with yoghurt and honey. Divine but I think more calorific than muesli.

Grits- ground corn/maize cooked in milk I think- haven't had this or maybe I have.

there you go, the low-down on cereal grains.

Failing that wholemeat bread, eggs, last night's dinner...

Use honey instead of sugar as it has many health benefits and improves fitness performance.

taken before a workout- helps provide energy(muscle fuel) without risk of hypoglycaemia

taken after a workout- helps replenish muscles. Suatins blood sugar for two hours.

taken during endurance workouts- improves performance, increases power and speed. Perhaps I should take some before approaching Plyometrics again.

hodman   

Originally posted by chocolate & honey:

People give us updates. Whats working, wuts not? I have been very sick lately so I havent been excercising. Will go back as soon as I gather a bit of strenght IA.

Hope u feel better C & H. Do you want some soup? Anyway for my update thanks to you I started my baby steps back to working out and dusted off my old coat rack (hear dat Urban?)

My brain thanks you :cool: my muscles :( not quite yet :D

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People give us updates. Whats working, wuts not? I have been very sick lately so I havent been excercising. Will go back as soon as I gather a bit of strenght IA.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope u feel better C & H. Do you want some soup? Anyway for my update thanks to you I started my baby steps back to working out and dusted off my old coat rack (hear dat Urban?)

My brain thanks you my muscles not quite yet

:D:D I missed this. Thank you hun. I am recovering. I lost weight though ;) . I hope by now your muscles are thanking me too smile.gif .

Sheh,

Polymetrics are supposed to be the best conditioning excercise. I do this workout vedio called "The 30Day Shred" and the instructor does a lot of that on level 3. Kicks ma butt everytime :cool:

Juxa   

how big are you people?

i mean your level of commitment or opsession is staggering

see wax ujiraan? where are my lazy people? my baruur loving people?

lol@ "how big are you."

Juxa hun, baruur waa loo tashaday nooh? It aint about baruur.It is about vanity, really. It is about having a showstopping body, LOL! I want to be an athlete however it eludes me or I will die trying!

Com on join us, i know u want to!

Juxa   

hahahahahhaa, i do applaud your effort of getting that fab bod, lakin my laziness and lack of time runtii.

to show solidarity i will cut my sokor intake and be more health conscious

ps: i do like having few rolls in the right places

TopGirl   

I’m not into exercise at all, I get bored so easily alhamdulilah though I don’t have anything hanging extra out :D but I still would like to be fit. Just because one is skinny doesn’t mean they fit, so care to share ways to motivate me to do some work outs?

N.O.R.F   

Has anyone tried the body armour yet?

stk_xx_large.jpg&h=&w=260&zc=1&q=80

I was sceptical but bought one anyway. Now I can't run around without wearing it. It really does give you something extra.

Contour-hugging design promotes superior posture

Tactical configuration of TPU power bands at the abdominal zone supports exceptional core stability

ClimaCool provides superior moisture management and breathability

Advanced Targeted compression delivers increased muscle support to enhance strength

Sport specific 3-dimensional engineering optimizes fit and comfort

hodman   

Glad that you are feeling better C & H. Muscles not quite yet grateful but they'll get there lol. I am checking out dat DVD The 30Day Shred. I don't know dat I can handle dat yet. I have a dance/exercise one somewhere though that I will dig out and use in the meantime.

Juxa never fear there are always lazy ppl around still, like me who are trying to work out...will see how it goes

quote:

Sheh,

Polymetrics are supposed to be the best conditioning excercise. I do this workout vedio called "The 30Day Shred" and the instructor does a lot of that on level 3. Kicks ma butt everytime :cool:

I looked for Jillian what's her name's DVDs but they weren't on Amazon UK, nor could I find any on ebay that were suitable for play on a UK DVD player. This was months ago, perhaps things have moved on. :rolleyes:

I use the Firm for what I call bood-bood(cardio), combined with muruq(strength-building) and some others for toning and flexibility. I am seeing results, very quickly, so hence got lazy and haven't done anything since Thursday last week. Today I feel like I'm dragging myself around so it's bood-bood time tonight.

Fabregas, that sounds yummy. Make the laxoox with wholemeal flour.

I got Man Boobs like this(see the link below). My new year's resolution will be to get rid of them but I still do not know how to tackle them.

Now, my question is, would a lot of press ups help? What about running on trademill r?

I used to be slim up until I started drinking a lot of Shaax Cadays! I used hear "Shaaxa caanaha leh gabdha uma fiicna" but they forgot to add " Ragana Naas buu ka soo saaraa"

Glad that you are feeling better C & H. Muscles not quite yet grateful but they'll get there lol. I am checking out dat DVD The 30Day Shred. I don't know dat I can handle dat yet. I have a dance/exercise one somewhere though that I will dig out and use in the meantime.

Yeah, the muscles will get there just keep your mind there. I wouldnt recommend the 30day shred as of yet because I have a feeling it will turn you off of excercise. It's a bootcamp style. Just when you think you about to pass out, she'll yell out " I want you to feel like you're about to DIE!!" :D .

Sheh,

wut, wut now? I thought she went international? There is a new workout series by Charlene Johnson(Turbo Jam?) thats titled Chalean Extreme. It isa body conditioning workout that's supposed to make you feel riped but I just dont like weight lifting as much though I will try this year.

Are you seeing results from the workout or from carb restriction? Are you basing your principles on any diet(South Beach, The Zone, Atkins) or just on your own cutting carbs? I want to cut carbs but dont exactly know from where?