galbeedi

Ahmed Shide elected the new leader of DDSI party in Somali region of Ethiopia

galbeedi   

It is official. The era of despot Cabdi Illey is over in the Somali region. 

After closed door deliberations, the DDSI party had elected Mr. Ahmed Shide as the new leader which officially ends the 11 year painful rule of Illey. 

This selection will pave Mr. Shide as the new president of the region very soon. Also, the Liyu police has been disbanded as the security force of the Somali region. For the last few days the Liyu have been looting and pillaging communities while abandoning their positions. 

Also, members of Illey family are been investigated by the authorities for the theft of millions of dollars. 

It is an end of a painful chapters for a lot of Somalia. A very small group of blood thirsty group,  created and organised by the Tplf and Cabdi Illey have been overthrow thanks to the Oromo uprising. While many Somali including my self were looking to preserve the old order for the sake order and continuity, millions of Somalia want the total demise and the removal of the tyrants who oppressed them for so long. Just like the Oromo celebrated the demise of the Tplf order, for the millions of Somalis the end of Illey and his henchmen is a great relief and a new era of freedom. 

There were some security concern about the disbanding of the Liyu police and the threat of anarchy and outlaws in the countryside, yet for most people, their disbanding was a relief. Analysts believe that the Liyu is too criminal or murderous to be a force that might fight for independence or even tribal reasons. They were trained to kill and abuse Somali and will not be needed in a land where people are seeking justice and freedom. 

It is mind boggling how a small ruthless group had managed to oppress and control millions of Somalia for so long. They acted like there is no one else but themselves.

Now, Illey and his supporters must accept the new order and collaborae for the peace and development of all Somali. He and Tplf wanted to finish off the Somali and createa long  civil war between the Somali and Oromo. There were a lot of victims, but we hope the worst to be over. He gambled to the lives of thousands of Somali to save the Tplf order. After he lost the gamble, he continued to the destructive route until it is too late. 

galbeedi   

He is a Somali . He is an educated civil servant who never murdered or maimed other Somalis. He is a loyal Ethiopian who doesn’t need to oppress other to rule. 

Many of you were willing to give a chance to the despot lieutenant of Illey who put his shoes on dead people.

Somali tribes have mustered propaganda these days especially the D block.The sky is not falling,  Let others rule for a change. 

You might even see the justice that Illey and company denied to the others.

4 minutes ago, galbeedi said:

He is a Somali . He is an educated civil servant who never murdered or maimed other Somalis. He is a loyal Ethiopian who doesn’t need to oppress other to rule. 

Many of you were willing to give a chance to the despot lieutenant of Illey who put his shoes on dead people.

Somali tribes have mustered propaganda these days especially the D block.The sky is not falling,  Let others rule for a change. 

You might even see the justice that Illey and company denied to the others.

Hope you are right mate, I don't see a difference,  :)

Galbeedi, and it is not about D1R or D@@rood, it is about resetting the whole place, the same way I objected to baby stooge they put him there before.

The whole place must be rebooted, with Honourable SOMALIS. 

Duufaan   

Galbeedi

Replacing Iley with Ahmed shidane is not. a good idea, if that happen.  Shidane as party leader is different than Shidane as president of the region. The region needs smooth transition. Simply Ahmed Shidane is not the right person. 

People hated or loved Iley. He built schools and water walls almost every district. He was somewhat independent. He was a citizen of the somali region first as he presented himself. Ahmed Shidane will be hard sell. I am very much doubt if he is capable of the big job. Is he going to report every issue to Abhiya. Do people just accept him for the sake of he is different tribe than the last leader.  

• Like 1

gooni   

Waa shaqaale intuba waxay u kala wanaahsan yihiin loo shaqeeyaha

u malayn maayo in loo darsanayo ina ilay oo ilmidaan ogaa uga baxday jacayl amxaar.

Tallaabo   

The Somalis in the region should insist on the democratisation of their institutions and hold elections as soon as possible because it will be very difficult for the federal government to remove a democratically elected leader or interfere in the governing of a democratic region. 

• Like 1

galbeedi   

Duifaan,

off course the Somali nomads in Dagaxbuur or those close to the Hawd are more nomadic and ingrained in the original Somali way of life, than The farmers of the Somali Galbeed heartland or the cosmopolitans like Ahmed Shide, yet these nomads are usually easy prey for those who want to use them or divide  Somalis.

Their earth scorching way the nomads were doing things hsd empowered TPLF and others while weakened Somalia, as it happened lately. Ahmed Shide and company are called “ Arliyo people “ who would not wage war to take other people’s land or property.

In  terms of nationalism, they have produced some of the most famous Somalis in our recent history. Saynab X. Cali Baxsan, Cabdi  Muhumed Amin among them. Unlike others, these people only care about the existence of the Somali republic, and do not care who is in charge. They have different outlook than most.

Illey certainly has done some big projects and got hundreds of millions of direct budget from the federal government. The OG are integral part of Somali Galbeed , but this time , they have to complete with others with equal footing.

Even the ONLF must seek the support of their people.  let them contest the election and show their strength. Being ONLF doesn’t give them the right to rule others. Let them forms their own party and contest the next election.The OG are large if every clan stands by itself, but if you compare the seven million Somalis of the region, or grouping of the D.,..r, they are very tiny group. This land is not Puntland, Somaliland or Galmudug where three or four clans live. In fact it is much similar to the Somali Republic in terms of population and diversity.

I agree that , the next leader should be elected directly by the people . There is huge gap between reality and fiction among Somalis on issue of numbers and only direct election will clear the air.

Illey and company had amble opportunity to prepare for the future, but decided to keep doing the same failed strategy of replacing one despot to another. 

Furthermore, if Ahmed Madoobe doesn’t change his attitude of owning everything and everyone, similar or worse things could happen there.

We believe that the D,,,r community is the largest both in Lower Shabbelle and Jubba  with large presence in Galmudug, Hiirsan and Benadir. We do believe that the Somali race won’t settle down peacefully unless this community takes charge.

The separatists in North, the greedy D block and money grappling anarchist of HAG must give way to the D...r to have a lasting  peace for all Somalis.

By the way the “northern Habro”are not D...r, although they might claim now for political reasons. 

16 minutes ago, galbeedi said:

the greedy D block

By the way the “northern Habro”are not D...r, although they might claim now for political reasons. 

We are not greedy, we just crave power more than others, you know how one person like chocolate more than someone else:)

Come one now, don't kick out Habro, they need D!r vs D-Block (Irir vs D) narrative when it suits them.

On serious note,

Inclusivity is the keyword here, there will be no change without broad support.

Galbeedi is now a *** nationalist  it always come down to clan it alwayse does. I have said it before this pan  ethno somalism wa qiiq isku  qarin. The pirates use that political flag all the time we saw it in the 1960s  the pirates using the Somali card while underneath it is the pirate agenda. Similar afweynes mod alliance  maalina qabyaalad baan aasaya berina isla isagi baa soo faqaya.now galbeedi is trying to unite the diredawa and gurgure clans and jaarso and other dhakolaxooxs. To boost his laangaabness. Ismaciil cumar geele baa maanta hill u bahaan failmaajo choose the side of the xamasien masiixi dictator. And you are on the bandwagon of the savage barbaric inhumane gallas led by jawar a galla refugee from the States..

galbeedi   

Che,

Chocolate is the right word. Thanks for fixing my crude language to describe the D block. I also hope that my HAG friends will forgive me for the harsh language, yet I hope everyone understands that I have no malice intent.

of course the inclusion is that Somalis needs to prosper these days.

Having said that , my separatist friends have always guns blazing for a fight. Jamuuriyadii Hadaan u Dayana I dayn Maayaan.

Miyaad iska Qayishan oo 150 millions ee Miisaaniyada ah Iska Qaybsataan. 

You guys are satisfied ruling few towns while the Horn of Africa is at play. On the other hand , lately you guys have been speaking for the defence of Somalis Against Oromo which is a good change from the previous “ Ahmaardu was Walaalahayo Iyo Wiilka Addis ku Dhashay Ayaa iga Xiga Kan Muqdisho Ku Dhashay.

Folks, I trace my ancestors to the 13th century Adal empire, the Biyamaal Sultanate that ruled Southern Somalia and waged war for twenty years against the Italians.  My Ugaas who is in Ottawa , traces his throne from 1603 in Zaylac.The Wabar thing you keep referring is just a firework or larger plan to gain a foothold. I am not satisfied ruling few towns in Awdal or even Hargeisa and Burco. I want to rule the horn if Africa and reconstruct the land fragmented by the colonial powers.

You are probably right that Farmaajo is not up to the task and he is secluded to a green zone in Mogadishu, but if there is a war between him and Cumar Ghelle, I will definitely side with Farmaajo. That fat despot who turned Djibouti in to a brothel and the play grounds of ithe entire world’s navies must be over thrown. 

Djibouti was stolen by the French with permission of Siyad Barre. It must be brought back , but first we must get rid of this Ghelle, and if Eritrea has some plans to put him out  Iofvbusiness , I join and will go to Asmara. 

I am not tribal. Somalis love to cover stealing and breaking the law and later accuse them for tribal reasons. The tribe is just a cover to break the law and enrich yourself, all you need is to enforce the law and all these things might disappear.

Xaaji we the D...r want to bring law and order for Somalis every where. Who knows you might prosper and leave your small villages.