Holac

RRA's funny war song that defeated the invading warlord Caydiid

4 hours ago, Dalmar1 said:

You do realise that it wasn't a song that defeated Caydiid militita, but rather the intervention of the Habashi Ethiopia into Somalia's gobols of BAY iyo Bakool, it was the Ethiopians that established the RRA and expelled Aideed from those area, hence why since the 90's till this day Ethiopia has maintained a base of operation there.

No Gobol throughout Somalia has experienced the stranglehold of Ethiopia more then those 2 Gobols Bay iyo Bakool, their military entered during the civil war's of the 90's and have never left since then.

All in all Kudos to them for their liberation from the 90's warlord, i just hope that we Somalis learn from that dreadful horror of civil-war and try to liberate ourselves from our real enemy, which is the divisive qabyaalad that humbles us to the predatory hyenas around us (Habashis iyo kikuye).

I guess the BS Caydiid Junior u sheegay tolkiisa ayaa aaminsantahay. I guess the propaganda is strong for he couldn't believe his mooryååntii bililiqo ku nool ragtags being kicked from Koonfur Galbeed deegaan, tails between their legs. All those weapons armed by Eritareeya and foot soldiers consisting Oromo's OLF did not help. They were still kicked out. This was also the beginning of the end of iljeex occupation of others' deegaano.

Here is the days mooryååntii Caydiid Junior were kicked from Baydhabo. Look how bad state they left the city and its sad residents.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dalmar1, Caydiid junior was the man who said Ethiopia and Somalia must become one country. That statement infuriated his boss Abdulahi Yusuf, and Caydiid was eventually fired. Listen below. 

Saxib, let us not play the "Ethiopia" card. Every jabhad had some assistance from foreign countries. 

2 hours ago, Dahireeto said:

Dalmar1, Caydiid junior was the man who said Ethiopia and Somalia must become one country. That statement infuriated his boss Abdulahi Yusuf, and Caydiid was eventually fired. Listen below. 

Saxib, let us not play the "Ethiopia" card. Every jabhad had some assistance from foreign countries. 

Actually that Shenanigan he tried cost him a lot of points in Mogadishu, some points in Eritrea and did not gain him anything in Addis Ababa since some of the same commanders were folks who knew him what he did in Bay and Bakool and some would not have wanted to see him at all since some of the things was outside bounds of war.

Yet later when he got to his home base and together with ICU folks they tried to make look it was A. Yusuf that was trying with exaggerated offers to Ethiopia.

Dalmar1   
4 hours ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

I guess the BS Caydiid Junior u sheegay tolkiisa ayaa aaminsantahay. I guess the propaganda is strong for he couldn't believe his mooryååntii bililiqo ku nool ragtags being kicked from Koonfur Galbeed deegaan, tails between their legs. All those weapons armed by Eritareeya and foot soldiers consisting Oromo's OLF did not help. They were still kicked out. This was also the beginning of the end of iljeex occupation of others' deegaano.

Here is the days mooryååntii Caydiid Junior were kicked from Baydhabo. Look how bad state they left the city and its sad residents.

You from all people (being a Southern Comrade) should have known by now that we (as you call us) Iljeex dont follow (as the northen folks do) a man or qabiil blindly, we follow interests, and our interest back then was to install a functioning Government, which we failed with Caydiid, hence taking him down.

Anyway you guys should have done us Somalis a big favour if you had killed that Ethiopian gaal stooge Husein Caydiid The Junior,  you would have saved us alot of pain, misery and headace.

Somalia and Ethiopia both had their Military government overthrown exactly almost the same year, yet Ethiopia reconstituted a new government in 1991 while Somalia plagued into civil war in 1991, i swear there must have been  an foreign hand/engineer behind all this.

On 2018-08-10 at 2:40 AM, Dalmar1 said:

Somalia and Ethiopia both had their Military government overthrown exactly almost the same year, yet Ethiopia reconstituted a new government in 1991 while Somalia plagued into civil war in 1991, i swear there must have been  an foreign hand/engineer behind all this.

Nothing foreign about this. The real blame for this lies squarely at the feet of one person - Caydiid Senior and his ragtag, poorly trained mööryaan militia. They had zero plans and vision for the country.

I remember in mid 1991 us boys going to all those military bases located on Jidka Warshadaha iyo jidka Dayniile aado after it was looted. There were still some old unexploded weapons left behind, some were gantaalo ay ku jiraan kuwa la isku duqeeyo ee lidka ah. We ciyaal xaafad would go there to get some little baaruud aan ka soo baxsano from these weapons. Ciyaal ayaa iska ahayn for Eebbe knows if one exploded what would have happened.

Why am I bringing up this? Because instead of securing these bases, the looted factories and other places owned by the goverment, Awcaydiid had zero plans other than to overthrow the government and then do the xasuuq and ugaarsi maatidii Xamar deganeyd for qabiil reasons. They thought wrongly those institutions and the deposed regime itself were the same. This same anti-institution mentality is at display in Muqdisho now, led by haraadigii ka haray Caydiid - Mahad Salaad, C/raxmaan C/shakuur, Fiqi and co.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

Nothing foreign about this. The real blame for this lies squarely at the feet of one person - Caydiid Senior and his ragtag, poorly trained mööryaan militia. They had zero plans and vision for the country.

I remember in mid 1991 us boys going to all those military bases located on Jidka Warshadaha iyo jidka Dayniile aado after it was looted. There were still some old unexploded weapons left behind, some were gantaalo ay ku jiraan kuwa la isku duqeeyo ee lidka ah. We ciyaal xaafad would go there to get some little baaruud aan ka soo baxsano from these weapons. Ciyaal ayaa iska ahayn for Eebbe knows if one exploded what would have happened.

Why am I bringing up this? Because instead of securing these bases, the looted factories and other places owned by the goverment, Awcaydiid had zero plans other than to overthrow the government and then do the xasuuq and ugaarsi maatidii Xamar deganeyd for qabiil reasons. They thought wrongly those institutions and the deposed regime itself were the same. This same anti-institution mentality is at display in Muqdisho now, led by haraadigii ka haray Caydiid - Mahad Salaad, C/raxmaan C/shakuur, Fiqi and co.

Not only that, but in Ethiopia all the significant rebels were in contact and there was already a common menu prepared. OLF and TPLF had agreed on framework of kililkas. WSLF, ONLF and SDL had all agreed minimum requirement autonomy self government..etc. The forces were also really lopsided. Example TPLF and the Afar had about 130,000 strong fighters/army while others had maybe 20,000 and 5,000 to 3,000...etc.

TPLF had allies already in almost all regions.

But still 1000 people died in Addis Ababa in looting bullets factory that was not secured.

8 hours ago, Dahireeto said:

It is new to me that Caydiid was using Oromo fighters to oppress Somalis in Bay/Bakool

Never heard it before. For second time during ICU as well.

Tallaabo   
On 10/08/2018 at 3:27 AM, Oodweyne said:

".....Well what do we have in here? Why, it looks to me, Gudhuu Ibn Gudhuu and his "go-go-groupies-galore" going on about gudhuu-ish goading of his good-for-nothing goners of an enemy, without us good folks garnering the grasp of what on God’s name is he gudhuu-ing about. Or without us getting a good Google to give us the gist of his grousings. Unless our "Gudhuu-boy" of SOL be good-enough to gird the gauntlet for us like the goliardic of old times...." 

How is that for "Gudhuu rhyme".... xD   

Waaryaa jooji dhibta and leave MMA and his singing militia alone. 

Coming back to this topic, I still don't understand why Caydiid and his militia behaved so badly in those regions. 

18 hours ago, Dahireeto said:

It is new to me that Caydiid was using Oromo fighters to oppress Somalis in Bay/Bakool

Because Caydiid Yarisoow's propaganda was loudest and since Soomaalida waa dadka wax aqriskooda iska yar, being an oral society and whatnot, the loudest in kan qeyliyo has the edge. Did Xabashada support RRA with weapons? Of course, especially after they saw OLF fighters in these deegaano. They were also occupying a junk of Gedo at that time (towns like Luuq and Dooloow) and part of Hiiraan.

I for one have nothing against OLF fighting Xabashada. I would've even supported them to train in Soomaaliya and go liberate their deegaano in Oromiya, but Caydiid Yariisoow used them in Koonfurta in order to subjugate the locals with Eritareeya's weapons.

Here is the news that was reported at that time, in 1999:

Somali POWs guarded by Ethiopian soldiers: prisoners (Caydiid's militia)

MOGADISHU, June 20 (AFP) - Prisoners of war recently freed from the south-central Somali town of Baidoa said here Sunday that they had been held by the Ethiopian army and not by a rival Somali faction as claimed.

More than 100 fighters and sympathisers of Somali warlord Hussein Mohamed Aidid, as well as 130 Ethiopian rebels of the Oromo Liberation Front (OLF), were captured in Baidoa on June 6 by the (RRA).

However, the prisoners said that they had been kept at a factory compound in Baidoa under the guard of Ethiopian troops, who had joined the RRA in the battle for Baidoa.

"I was captured by Ethiopian troops in Baidoa on June 7, a day after heavy fighting between the RRA and Aidid's forces. The Ethiopians treated us in a very humane way, feeding the prisoners three times a day. I saw the Ethiopians giving medical treatment to my clansmen wounded in the battle," one of the prisoners, Mohamed Bulale Mahmud, told AFP here on Sunday.

Aidid's top lieutenants said the prisoners' accounts were the first independent confirmation of Ethiopian involvement in the fighting in Baidoa and other parts of southern Somalia.

Ethiopia has repeatedly denied any involvement in the fighting in Baidoa, which the RRA seized from Aidid on June 6.

Mahmud said that during his detention, he never saw RRA fighters or officials.

Mahmud, 46, said the deputy commander of Ethiopian forces in Baidoa, an ethnic Somali, assured the prisoners that they would not be mistreated.

"I then stopped panicking and felt relatively safe," said Mahmud, who described himself as a commercial lorry driver.

Mahmud said the Ethiopians were not targeting the (Caydiid's clan) clansmen during the battle, but were mainly looking for OLF fighters who had joined Aidid's militia.

He said that the Oromo prisoners were severely mistreated and some of them were tortured before being taken to Ethiopia.

"I heard that before I was captured on June 7, some wounded Oromos had been killed by Ethiopian troops," Mahmud said.

Mahmud further said that the Ethiopians had saved his fellow inmates from being killed by the RRA, which wanted the elimination of all prisoners from the rival faction who have been fighting them the last four years.

Other released prisoners, including Aidid's personal driver, also said they had been taken into a military garrison of Ethiopian troops, 12 kilometers (seven miles) south of Baidoa, before their final release.

The Baidoa area has been the scene of battles since Hussein's father, the late General Mohamed Farah Aidid, captured the region from the local Rahanweins in 1995.

RRA spokesman Mohamed Aden Qalinle described Mahmud as a terrified and misguided militiaman, who could not differentiate between Ethiopians and RRA fighters.

"Mahmud's remarks were politically motivated to (discredit) the RRA. No Ethiopian troops joined us for the Baidoa battle," Qalinle said angrily on Sunday.

Mogadishu's Xogogal newspaper reported Saturday that 56 Oromo prisoners were transported to Ethiopia.

Xigasho

Who knows the prisoner might have misunderstood Afmaay to be af kale since he was probably straight from Mudug to Koonfur Galbeed.

And here was an article from BBC at that time:

Eritrea intervenes

As relations deteriorated between Eritrea and Ethiopia, Eritrea saw the opportunity to destabilise southern Ethiopia.

Eritrea sought to distract attention from the disputed border areas, and as a long-standing ally of the OLF, encouraged links with Hussein Aideed, a Mogadishu warlord and major critic of the Sodere agreement.

Eritrea backed his recruitment of Oromo fighters, and the OLF held a congress in Mogadishu in April 1998, electing a more militant leadership.

In August 1998, Hussein Aideed made a visit to Ethiopia, but failed to extract the concessions he wanted, or expected.

By contrast, in February this year he returned from a visit to Asmara with three planeloads of weapons.

Three shiploads of arms, and some 1,500 Oromo fighters subsequently arrived from Eritrea to join hundreds of other Oromos trained earlier at (Qoryooleey) in southern Somalia.

Some Eritrean advisers, reportedly including engineers and mine-laying experts also arrived, though Eritrea, like Ethiopia, has continued to deny providing assistance or support to any Somali faction.

BBC (The article is longer if one wants to read; I am just quoting relevant parts about OLF)

Rival warlord claims Aidid receiving more arms from Eritrea

MOGADISHU, June 18, 1999 (AFP) - Somali warlord Hussein Mohamed Aidid is receiving more weapons from Eritrea, a rival, Osman Hassan Ali "Atto," claimed Friday.

Osman Atto, also based in south Mogadishu, told AFP that a ship had docked at the coastal village of Faah in the central region of Galgudud and was unloading a consignment of Eritrean arms for Aidid.

"The ship and the weapons came from the Eritrean port city of Assab. I have enough evidence of that," he said. Osman Atto did not say what type of arms the vessel was allegedly carrying.

Osman Atto said the ship went to Faah, 450 kilometres (270 miles), north of Mogadishu, after villagers barred it from docking at Hobyo port, about 400 kilometres (180 miles) north of Mogadishu. Residents also prevented the vessel from stopping at the nearby El Huur village.

A spokesman for the Eritrean embassy in Nairobi denied that Asmara had shipped weapons to Somalia, saying the allegations were "part of a propaganda machinery" by the Ethiopian government.

"Eritrea would not condone violence in Somalia. We have no policy of sending weapons to other countries," Eritrean diplomat Kidane Woldeyesus told AFP.

A top official in Aidid's faction also denied the arms importation charges, calling them "fabricated lies by foreign-manipulated elements," an apparent reference to Somali factions friendly to Ethiopia, which is currently at war with Eritrea over their disputed border.

Osman Atto said unloading of the arms started late on Thursday and was expected to continue Friday.

The RRA, which seized the south-central town of Baidoa from Aidid on June 6 said the newly-arrived weapons would boost Aidid's capacity of waging war in the Bay region.

"Aidid might attack our strongholds. I wonder why Eritrea is sending firearms to Somalia," said RRA spokesman Mohamed Aden Qalinle.

He also announced that the RRA had released 32 of Aidid's fighters captured during the battle for Baidoa.

Aidid and factions allied to him captured the southern port town of Kismayo, allegedly with Eritrean help, from warlord General Mohamed Said Hirsi "Morgan", five days after losing Baidoa.

Aidid's rivals in Somalia and Ethiopia have repeatedly accused Eritrea of providing arms to the south Mogadishu strongman since mid-January through the southern Indian Ocean coastal town of Merca and the Balidogle airstrip, 90 kilometres (some 55 miles), southwest of Mogadishu.

Eritrea and Ethiopia have become increasingly involved in Somali affairs since they went to war in May last year. Somalia has been without a central government since the overthrow of dictator Mohamed Siad Barre in 1991.

AFP

It is against this backdrop that members of the **** Resistance Army (RRA) kidnapped Aidid's second wife Fatouma -- who is not to be confused with his US-educated first wife, the daughter of the late Somali warlord General Ali Hashi. The RRA say they snatched Fatouma after overrunning the south-central town of Baidoa and its environs, in retaliation for atrocities committed by Aidid's henchmen. In particular, they accuse rival militiamen loyal to Aidid of having killed over 60 civilians in and around Baidoa. Aidid's top aide, Ahmad Dahir Abdul-Karim, has dismissed the allegations as "propaganda", denying that any such massacre took place.

While some **** clans have opted to resist Aidid's growing dominance of Somali politics, others have decided to back the winning horse, thus leading to factional fighting among them.

A couple of weeks ago, the Somali newspaper Xog-Ogaal reported that a large arms shipment for Aidid had arrived in the port of Marka, southeastern Somalia, and yet more arms were destined for Kismayo. Moreover, a UN report quoting "diplomatic and political sources" said the shipment included armoured personnel carriers.

These statements chime with the claims of the Ethiopian-backed RRA, which accuses the governments of Yemen and Eritrea of arming Aidid and supplying his Somali National Alliance (SNA) forces with sophisticated weapons and ammunition. The RRA has also accused Egypt and Libya of footing the bill and meeting the shipping expenses. All the countries concerned have denied the allegations.

According to the Somali newspaper Qaran, fighters belonging to one of Ethiopia's most powerful armed opposition groups -- the Oromo Liberation Front (OLF) -- are fighting alongside Aidid.

Xigasho. Only quoted relevant parts. If you want to read more, click the source.