Sign in to follow this  
allan

Ahmadinejad's UN address

allan   

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the Iranian president, has accused the US of being the world's "real threat" and defended his country's nuclear programme.

In a 40-minute speech to the UN General Assembly on Tuesday, Ahmadinejad accused Washington and its allies of carrying out human rights abuses.

He said: "Human rights are being extensively violated by certain powers, especially by those who pretend to be their exclusive advocates.

"Setting up secret prisons, abducting persons, trials and secret punishments without any regard to due process ... have become commonplace."....

source

what do you nomads make of this guy, and what are your reactions to France's new wieght into the debate?

Nothing much ,, it is just that Iranians always beat the US politically ,,,,, Nejad seem to be well skilled for such arguments.

I wonder what Bush will say then ,,,,, probably the same old song ,, war on terror

Salma   

The Fact : is "they are targeting Iran anyway" with or without Nuclear Program. "They" refers to The devils in the Seventh Land LOOL

The Truth is : I am living in UAE and we are the nearest ppl to the Farsi-land a.k.a Iran. And ppl have three opinions:-

1- Those who say "What the hell, Iran has the full right to have nuclear weapons. Why nobody is stopping North Korea, Isarel or India?. And I call those ppl the "Emotionals" coz they are still sleeping and can't see the full picure and what's behind the scenes.

2- Those who hate Iran and wish all the disasters, destructions for Iran. They say "Better, let the USA force a sanction in Iran and we hope they get flushed-away".

3- Those who don't understand anything and don't care about anything and don't know who is Iran anyway?

History repeats iteself "FB". Ahmadi is a confident guy though I didn't like his action when he freed the British soldiers/ sailors who entered Iranian Water.

In nutshell, there is no use of accusing USA Administration and worse to address your speech to the "United Nation" which better be called "United States Administration (USA).

allan   

Iran does not want weaoponds they have stated that many times, all they want is civilian nuclear power. to which they have every right to. and pray tell why the "west" hate this, BP - as in the time of mossadeq.

your right Zulfa history does repeat its slef, and iran is in the heart of it, you all know how i admire iranians (refer to conviniant marrage thread :D )