Sign in to follow this  
abdulraheem

BOODHARI Vs QEYS?

the greatest love story the world has ever witnessed and yet the most tragic one i guess that's what you can describe to cilmi's broken dream shattered ambitions and most of all his great love for hodan wich in the contributed to his tragic end.

Qeys..... what do you know about him? well all i know is that he had everything boodhari didn't including the effection of the lady he loved who was Laila and the other advantage he had over Boodhari was at that time the arabs could read and write so all his details were written down including his poems wich i must admit were quite touching but so did Boodhari's poems.

without ever being a biast i think Boodhari wins this battle of the LOVE PIONEERS cause the man couldn't write and couldn't read and yet he reduced a whole nation to tears and i think you can only imagine too well how hard it's to make a somali soul cry let alone all of us.

all i'm saying is BOODHARI was special but our great grandfathers couldn't see that wich makes his story the MOST TRAGIC LOVE STORY OF ALL TIME.

i hope you didn't think ROMEO and JULIETT existed are you?that's exactly what i thought. what do u think my dear reader who's it gonna be BOODHARI or QEYS? be fair and be realistic and most of all be a nomad. :eek:

khadar01   

I can not comment on Qays,but i can certainly comment on Bodhari.i don't agree with you when you say bodheri was illetrate,he was & still is one of the most gifted somali (poets) ever.note these words to understand what i mean..."hobey hadhka galay hurdadu way xuntee hoheey maxaaa i seexshay bal inaan habaar qabo maxaa hodan i waydaarshay".what made Bodheri diffrent is his genuine love for hodan, and most of all he is recent.what makes Bodheri diffrent is what he lacked in luck he made up for it in talent in words.what makes Bodheri unique is he was a philosopher.while i liked Romeo & Juliet i would not compare it to Bodheri.this is a good example of combination of the richness of the somali language and the person who's mastering it.

my brother khadar thanks for your reply and i hate to disagree with you but yes BOODHARI was an illetrate but yes without a single doubt in my mind the man was pure genius when it comes to poems that's why we still mad about his poems after being gone for more than half a century.

i couldn't quite understand what u meant by saying he had a genuine effection for his queen HODAN i never doubted about that no soul can but imagine this would BOODHARI been idolised had he succeeded winning over HODAN? i think the answer is no it has to be so i guess he didn't loose everything after all then huh?

Gediid   

A genius he sure was but to top that off Boodhaari wrote his love poems at a time when love and affection in the Somali culture was a topic never discussed in public.To come out with such powerful words that left an impression on generations surely takes a man with tremendous courage if I may add.

Thank you

without a single shadow of a doubt BOODHARI has to be the winner, i mean that's why we so ignorant when it comes to love i guess it's his curse that fell up on all of us coz we murdered perhaps the greatest poet the world has ever seen,

in the future i'll go to BATLAALE and pay a visit to BOODHARI and tell him how somali girls are still same old ignorant and cruel when it comes to romance, brother abdulraheem nice topic. ;)