Che -Guevara

Did Iley and co try to invoke Article 39?

BAD NEWS for mucaarad. Oromo wanted Illey's cousin to lead and they insisted leader must be OG, specially from Illey's subclan and today Opposition feels betrayed. That is exactly what everyone expected. Puppets are no choosers. Lol

Duufaan   

The bloodshed must to stop. Somalis must work with  meighnoring Oromo population to change Ethiopia, and hopefully make a new Nageria. The next leader should a faitfull muslim.

Khadafi   

He still doesnt see that once he transfers the the power, Abey will arrest him and make him an escape goat for the ills that the TPLF caused. It is not without a concidence that Cabdi Ileey was the only named senior Ethiopian  official in semi-official US report that fully explained the gross human rights abuses commited by the TPLF regime.  This report was released prior the events we saw in Jigjiga.  They did not name a single tigrayan henchman but named and shamed Cabdi iley. Once the report was released gaalka madow , Caabey started to sing about the terror commited by the so called "former regime" he himself was part off as a murky intelligence officer.

Tan, maanta iga qora: Ninkaani inta ey isticmaalen, ayna ku qasbeen in uu xukunka wareejiyo ayey berri maxkamad soo saarayaan. In a true stalinist fashion, Caabey will white wash  his hands by taking Cabdi Ileey to the hang man.  

As a true treasonous weasel he chose to undo the little gain the Somalis had. He could have given political leverage  to those that still want to free themselves from the yoke of foregin controll by igniting the voice of dissent and calling for the implementation of article 39  according to the Ethiopian constitution. Even though his calling for that would have not led to dramatic results it would have given a great morale and political boost to other seperatist groups in Ethiopa. The TPLF, the Afars and some elements within the Oromo muslims would have seen that call for peace and a peacefull seccsesion as some thing they could also threaten Abiey Ahmeds hidden agenda.

But  calool-wayne Cabdi Iley chose to leave by taking  smiling photograph  with a unknown hand-picked succsessor. Little does he remember that 6 months ago he was also taking smiling pictures of Caabey Axmed during his trip to Jigjiga thinking that just as he smiled and cried at Melez funeral he wold be safe. Little does he know that he will be taken to the gallows. Mark my words on this guys.

Watch the video below:  The report that in a shamefull way named Cabdi Ileey (only him) and not mentioning the senior officials within the EPRDF.

• Thanks 1

galbeedi   

The new temporary president is a close ally of Cabdi Illey. He was the finance minister of the outgoing government.

Tobbe successful he must distance himself from his protege and build new bridges or he could face similar problems like Illey 

galbeedi   

Khadaafi,

He could have triggered the article 39 months ago or opened a debate inside the parliament which could have voted, but he was never been  A Somali who had the interest of the Somali at heart. He was prison guard henchman who took pride in abusing his own people. The other issue is that Cabdi Illey is still the chairman of the party. That alone will handicap the new leader. They must elect a new party chairman.

• Like 1

galbeedi   

Dahireeto,

some Liyu police members fled in the Djibouti border regions for fear of retaliation. The non Somali residents of Jijiga had demanded that the Liyu to vacate the city and the federal police is keeping the peace in the city.

The Amhara and some Oromo are pushing the  disbanding of the Liyu but the Somali Kilil leadership has refused. If they disband the Liyu, a full fledged insurgency by a well trained and ruthless force might destroy any chances of Abiy rule in Ethiopia. 

This Abiy guy already mishandled this Jijiga issue, and if he targets the Liyu he would get a tough battle that is 100 times bigger than the ONLF.

Also, he must remove the Tigray officers who might not be  stopping communal conflicts, but fueling them. He must deploy troops to Dire Dawa and other flash points.

Mooge   
41 minutes ago, galbeedi said:

The new temporary president is a close ally of Cabdi Illey. He was the finance minister of the outgoing government.

Tobbe successful he must distance himself from his protege and build new bridges or he could face similar problems like Illey 

Galbeedi, what is the future of the opposition in Dire Dhabe now? will we see Awbarre or Lafaciise  clans leading the region niyoow? that move will be really good for the region and somali morale niyoow. I am not against my D clan leading the region, but other Somalis must lead the region too niyoow.  

galbeedi   

By the way, the Liyu police is not entirely OG. Other comments from Moyale, Awbare and other have large numbers. They are very close group that is trained to stick to gather.

They can easily defeat any forces .

Moore, 

The Dire Dawa group is insignificant other than few districts in the Djibouti borders area, they  do not have the population or the land. Most of the people in that region had already moved to Djibouti . It is the main reason Dire Dawa has has fallen to Oromo hands. Shiniile  it self is shared with us and a large Dir group called Gurgure.

The Awbare, Dambal, Dharwanaaje and others are organizing as we speak, we have other large Dir group who are also significantly, but at the moment , the Awdal community is allied with OG leadership, because they do not want to dismantle the existing order which could lead the collapse of the system. That is why the locals never risen up against Cabdi illey.

We can also reach out the Jaarso Somalis who for political reasons abandoned the Somali Kilil. These are natural towns of the Somalis who left because of certain grievances. We must bring back the Jaarso and other Somalis who live in the middle of our region. 

We also believe that a fair election should be the only way to change the current leadership, and we reject those who are trying to sneak in from Dire Dawa .if elections are held the Dir can win easily by sheer number,  they are not as homogeneous like the OG.

Also, the ONLF is very significant in terms of the future negotiations. The Somali independent movement should be always around to comfort if Abiy starts the old order

Oodweyne,

One would hoped Somalis would at-least be pragmatic. They don't have to like each other, they can even hate each other. It is like they don't think beyond today. I see people salivating over Iley's demise [man is simply evil and sadistic] but I rather to sit down and make a transitional government than have a Oromo in Addis impose a new stooge.

It must noted that Abiy hasn't done this to any other region.

2 hours ago, Oodweyne said:

Okay, guys.

Is anyone going to say the obvious now? Or are we all going in circles and dance around the issue without cutting to the quick and to the marrow of it?

But since, I see everyone wants to spare the blushes of the Somali name and not be bloody-minded about actually exposing what took place in here today in the Somali region of Ethiopia, then I will be the kid who called out the "nakedness of the emperor" (as it were)..:D

And in that sense I will say, with no sugar-coating the blow, that Mr Illey and his folks "blinked", and blinked decisively when they were told what they are likely to face if they don't play ball and come to "Daddy Oromo" without too much fight.

Or when they were told (and I hope the fine ladies of this SOL place will forgive my vulgarity) that it's best: "to lay back and take it like a good kept-Somali that they are whilst thinking of mother Ethiopia in their throes of agony or ecstasy".

Furthermore, Somalis being a clannish and sub-clannish obsessed folks, it was easy for the Oromo's negotiators, to play a blinder of a "divide-and-rule" in-terms of "bartering" with this clan or with that sub-clan and promising them all sort of goodies (from the federal level down to State-level) if they peel away from any solidarity they hitherto have had with Mr Illey and his dwindling part of supporters.

Hence, it only took couple of hours of "stick and carrots" being used on to the Somalis, interchangeably, like so much of changing hot-water to cold-water in the shower, and the Somalis were ready to fold, like so much of a cheap suit.

And the worst offenders, who were ready to throw the towel in first, were none other than our friends who were supposed to be running the show in this Somali region, namely, the "long-footed-folks", who after only few hours of intense negotiation were ready to "cooperate" with the new masters from Addis. Provided, that their little racket of running the Somali region in perpetuity was assured to them by the new "shot-callers" in Addis, who in turn were ready to make a "concession" of that kind from their end.

So call this the Somali tragic story write-large. Or call it a curse. But it's undeniably the ugly reality Somalis will always be belaboring under it, in-terms of how their division always will invite all those who are ready to take a "chunky-bite" from them.

Moreover, when all "synthetic emotionalism" of "Somalinimo" are put aside, you could always rely on to see another Somali saying to any passing "chunky-biter", lusting after a Somali blood, as to what profit will he get from him were he to help him get his decently-proportion-fleshy-meat of a "bite" from the other Somali guy in which the "biter" wanted it to bite till he bleeds profusely.

Consequently, since we all Somalis are ready to throw each other under the bus. Or at least assist any "biter" who is around us, who also wants to bite a fellow Somali, then I may as well be honest enough with myself, and be the first to offer my assistance to any passerby "biter" who wants to "bite" a fellow Somali, provided I get something in return for my assistance.

And I will do that since I know as a matter-of-fact that the other Somali fellow is also making deal with the same "biter" so that he will assist him to "bite" me. And the only thing that is concern to him is not my well-being as a fellow Somali. But the "price" he will get for the assistance he will give to the said "biter" in his pursuit of wishing to "bite" my flesh till I scream with pain and of course bleed profusely and copiously. Hence, here end the Sad Story of Somalis. 

Correct and calling it like it is with few exceptions:

1. There is some damage, but fixable and the autonomy can be preserved. But now the fight will be even worst against autonomy, because everybody has seen what little autonomy can do.

2. The Oromo wanted war, because you can do more changes by war than you can by negotiation. They were also assured of war win since they have the military cards and million militia in their kilil which they can give federal uniforms, they can declare state of emergency and do damage that will take another generation to fix or even fatal.

3. To be fair this is far beyond kililka, not just for oil etc, but the whole thing UAE, America..Djibouti..Eritrea Yemen..makes this whole thing really not fair for the Somali anywhere and kililka the most which is in the den of the beast or empire.

The behaviour of some Somalis was outright shameful but worst than that st-pid. They thought that the Oromo will not negotiate so the Somali became more Oromo than the Oromo. Now they look more terrible than the Oromo.