Sign in to follow this  
Faheema.

Would you do your job for free?

N.O.R.F   

Two months max. Travel Expenses should be paid during that period with full remuneration paid later on (within 6 months).

N.O.R.F   

As long as the terms are in writing. There really is no other choice unless you want to be without a job and searching. A little patience never hurt anyone.

Juxa   

faheema, in my field, firms are filling for bankrupcy every day, marka yes i would if my boss agrees to back date my pay once he is out of the financial mess.

NGONGE   

^^ The chief executive of British Airways is working for free this month (losing his sixty one thousand pounds monthly salary in the process). His pilots agreed to take a two percent pay cut and to do more hours in exchange for shares in the company (worth 13 million) in two years time.

British Telecom offered its staff longer holidays if they agreed to take a pay cut.

It's grim out there.

(I would do it if I had no other choice. Needs must and all that).

It depends .. in the last place I worked .. if the company had a really good year .. I get a very fat bonus after Christmas .. and since I do share in the good times of the company I would have no problem helping out when times are rough.

otherwise you are not a shareholder .. and you should not take the same risk as the business owners unless you also receive a similar reward when times are good.

I suppose there are some other factors .. like how long will it last, and do you have anything else lined up.

anyway we are certainly going through difficult times .. ilaahay ha kuu fududeeyo abaayo

BOB   

Absolutely...in fact I'm doing my current job for FREE...how about that? smile.gif

Peace, Love & Unity.

Took 5% pay cut 6 months ago and now the possibility of furloughs are on the horizon.

If you have done co-ops & interns before, then you have experience for working for free in the hopes of getting paid time one day.

Abwaan   

Originally posted by Torres:

Depends on how long for, if the agreement is in writing and if there is choice for redundancy.

right and also if one likes the job i guess...

Indhoos   

I actually was, not to save my job, b/c I was laid off, but the need there by the Somali Community was so big that I went back to Volunteer, They promised I will be the First one Hired once times get better. Did not count on that, but continued to job hunt...I will do it again in a heart beat considering my line of work....