Sign in to follow this  
Jamster

Emotional prostitution-- the path to moral oblivion

Jamster   

As I was sitting up right, listening to the mullah speaking about piety in respect to lowering oneself and seeing oneself equal to others; for a second I thought he was talking to me directly; aghast I was and suddenly the talk came to its conclusion. The sheik started praying for Allah to shelter us from all evils. I was quite overcome by emotions, gathering clouds of guilt were shadowing me; and unexpectedly; a man who was sporting a long beard and awfully short Khamis tapped me on my back; his smile showing the glistening teeth which I am sure had been subjected to Rumey (Caddey) several times a day; he said Salaamu alaikum; my response was delayed perhaps seconds for I quickly tried to figure out what this chap wanted from I. Wa alaikum salaam dropped from my lips.

He politely (but somehow I felt he was being haughty; you know that self-righteousness the run of the mill wadaado sport; that I sensed from him) asked me to come with him for he had the need to speak to me. I stood up and followed him to Masjid’s office. He sat me down and asked if I was in hurry; no I am not I replied still curious why this chap had asked me to come with him. It won’t take long he murmured; take all the time you need I murmured back.

After perhaps five long seconds (he seemed as though he was a defence lawyer gearing up for his last summary); he uttered my name and said, I have been seeing you in this area for a while. I know nothing much about you, but you seem to be someone who is lost to this world. Understandably I was astonished for such sweeping remark; this man is on to something I thought. After long muhaadara as to how we will all leave this world and being visitors and our permanent residence being in Akhira, my senses urged me to respond to this wadaad with kind words. I politely said to him, Jazakalahiu Kheyral Jazaa and affirmed the things he spoke to me about and decided to make my way out.

As I was about to leave the room, he said; you know you have moral obligation to speak against the stench and filth that permeates SOMALIA ONLINE. I thought I was hearing things, and continued to walk; but he was being adamant; he went on; you know you 'younger' generation had become accustomed to filth and that it does not reek anymore to you; you must have lost your sense of smell he asked!. At this moment, he caught my attention, I glanced back and asked Sheekhanaa what foul odour do you speak about?

He said, you know things that Allah had made haram is becoming normal in the eyes of youth. I am sure you know SOL? I said, yes but… and before I could complete my sentence; like a somali gent, he went on to say; dating, clubbing and all the mothers of evil are spoken about on these “youth†sites. I sat with him, and listened to him about how our religious duties are becoming passé and how prohibited actions are becoming the thing of the day. I sat there listened to; reciting example after example; all I must say we quite real but it might have been exagerated a tad bit. He pulled out SOL general sections; showed me comple titles and then moved on to his private msg; what I saw there was extremely nesuating to say the least. He sensed my outrage; appalling I said, his retort was uh wait when you see the grorry details; which of course I declined kindly.

Apparently, this wadaad had undertaken some research and the findings had not been sweet—ladies sending pictures; revealing ones I must add; the chat room he said is where all these shenanigans take place; or at least that is where the active engagement of free will excercise takes place; this man was femiliar with msn; quite surprising considering his persona.

Walaahi, I was flabbergasted but at the same time moved by the sincerity and sentimental brotherhood this wadaad had showed me. He was a man who had been pained as to what he had seen in SOL and other various websites. I am sure, a lot of you would make comments in defence of our great website-- or god forbid would go after him lebbeling pervert amongst other things. But trust thee, what this man speaks about is the reality of our peers. It is ‘normal’ to commit sin, but for us to see it otherwise and march happily to our dis-islamisation of our being is something that is frightening to say the least.

These countless threads of !I have dated farax and this is my experience! and I dated xaliimo and she was horrid had to stop otherwise this emotional prostitution which number of us see as an exercise of freedom and finding oneself would only lead us to loosing our faith.

He's worried about moral degeneration and he showed you his private messages.

A story with irony and a moral(though not one the poster intended perhaps) to it.

OG_Girl   

I don't know why some (wadads) like to focus on negative things.We are talking here about people we think we know because we've read about a tiny percentage of their lives online! That is not fair to paint some one as a lost person!

Some people just post to have fun and what they writting nothing to do with their real lives.

Some Wadads like to act God and judge the people as they wish! Subhana-Allah!.

Salam

I guess with the anonymousity(?) of the internet people tend to forget that they would be accountable for what they pen down. It becomes exciting that one could become a totally differnt person on-line, act out their fantacies without consequences, or have just say what ever that one wants. But as in all things, there is a fine line between having fun---and commiting dambi. There are boundaries in place--which some people carelessly step over. The message is important and worthwile to heed---whether it is from a wadaad or from anyone else.

The intentions or actionss of the Wadaad (?) is not relevant for important here---what is important is. How does that affect you*? Do you see yourself in those comments? And are you willing to do something about it?

Do not shot the messenger because the message isn't to your liking.

Good day!

* You is general public.

Lol. The Wadaad's actions are relevant. How is he carrying out his research? How is it that women are sending him their revealing pictures? He must have entered into some kind of a dialogue with them. And then he shares their messages with a man he picks from the Mosque right after a moving speech! He and the poster seem to share the moral indignation but no mention of the poster's indignation at the Wadaad's indiscretion.

Packed with irony. What happened next? smile.gif

OG_Girl   

LOL@sheherazade. Exactly,You read my mind.What a wadad. He knows all this from SOL and he picked some one from the mosque , happened to be SOL member , to tell the story!!!

Some thing fishy here!

Salam

You girls don't think that this is a true story, do you? I assumed that it was a made-up story so that the poster could make a point about an issue that's important to us as muslims.

This is too far out to be real.

My golly gumdrop goodness...It takes two to pertake in asin ....what is this wadaad saying to get the reactions and feed back that he has that are supposedly PRIVATE! Does he know airing out anything that is private is xaraam. Does he know the term TRUST! Wasnt he so charming that he managed to get the so called pictures he so easily wants to call sick or rotten.

Common now What is he doing in MSN in the first place? I got the feeling that this is a supposedly reported post that isnt a reported one smile.gif

LoL...interesting. Wadaadadu nooc kaley noqdeen.

If he had been refering to SNet, I would have understood - and prolly agreed with him, but SOL? No way, not my beautiful SOL. I believe the site has always offered more than 'dating techniques' and 'clubbing know-how'. What a cheek! And more importantly, what a bizarre wadaad!

Wadaad kulahaa. As if! More like a freak if you ask me.

Before some1 can be bestowed with a revered title like "wadaad", his actions and character must be examplary of the attributes of such a person. Your friend, or arguably the good samaritan who wants to save us from eternal damnation, needs to reflect on his own actions.

And Farah, being an eminent member of SOL, I would expect you to defend us good nomads of SOL from such rash generalisation and degrading. ;)

Farah,

Being honest, I think even you (forget other folks) after re-reading your own post thinks it’s irregular. Brother if you had a message to present, why not narrate through your own words. Why did you have to involve a poor old wadaad, and ruin whatever credibility wadaads have left now days?

Irregularities:

Pulling you out of a line in the masjid out of all Muslim people sitting there

Computer in the masjid office with internet access(how many are there?)

Discuss what goes on Somalia online with you.

A Somalian wadaad who is the keeper of the masjid keys and who is in his late 40’s. Chatting with the young (gabdho) of SOL with msn.-- Exchanging private messages that contains explicit naked pictures of young Somali girls. Wow now that like rolling up the rim to Tim’s medium double double coffee cup and finding out you won 52â€inch plasma TV.

asxantu