Sign in to follow this  
Abdinuur

Why not...?

Blessed   

I agree with Jamaal .

If every somalis in every country were to set a an organisation that seeks to better the lifes of Somalis, then we can talk about merging in an international context.

I heard there are Student Association similare to the SSA: UK in the US, Canada and some of the countries in the Gulf. It would be nice to have some sort of a show case some time in the future, the SSA have discussed this in previous meetings. These things take time but In sha Allah, we'll get there. I think Somalis have been really getting active within the community (at least in London), so I am pretty positive that it will happen.

Good Topic - Abdi Nuur smile.gif

Not to try and put a dampner on things guys but we are quite away from hosting such Events on the scale that u guysare talking about.

Simple because we still havent found a away of talking to each other all year around.

I mean with the expection of a few most of us simply ignore each other where ever we bump into each other, university, out on th streets, events.

so to answer ur Q addinuur i think we have to mingle and be around each other, help each other, surronder each other with our company.

Then we can get together to have somethin to talk about at the end of the year

Haaruun   

Abdi Nur,Good thought sxb, but there is a question that has to be asked b4 we think about all somalis getting together.... what the percentage of the healthy somalis?

what is da percentage of sick somalis?......How can we all get together when there's,

Putland pple, S.land pple, Somalia pple.....got my point?..there will be no unity aslong as we got that divisions in our community.

Shiish   

Haaruun

What's your point?

There's no Somaliland ppl nor puntland. All I know is one Somalis ppl that divided into bunch of clans. IF that's your case, then write your clan name on your T-shirt if it makes you happy person!

Having a regional administration is perfect and good enough but this land that land craps about sovereignty only exist for the minds of retarded ones.

i jiid ama aan ku jiido

Haaruun   

Shiish, easy man, u talking to me like I stole ur women or something. Xagee igala qaadey? Yac iga dheh

If u didn't understand my point, u shouldn't have made such filty comments and jump up to a conclussion.......my point was, how many of us are willing to do this(getting together) and don't care about the clan sh**.. why r u ignoring the reality or the major issue that seperating us.

Well, do u think 2day that somalis will come together unless some kind of a magic erases this clan thing.........

We had a situation like this 2yrs ago at my university.......we try to make all somalis to come together and have a party or something anythng as a nation...well, the one big party turned out to be million little parties......pple from xamar said, we are reer xamar we want our nite, so, as reer waqooyi, ..let me just say every clan had a nite...

so samething will happen here as long as that qabiil sh** in many pple's mind.

sorry 'bout the spelling' kinda rush here

Salaamz,

It is sad, and I am remorsefull, but every time I see a group of Somalis discuss anything I can't help but be amused. It's as if no matter how well educated, or how much they have in common, they always find some way to dissagree. It's as if it is inevitable for any group of Somalis to agree on anything. This would have been healthy if the proponents or the detractors of any issue based their sentiments on reason. However, this is not so, and most often than not, dissagreement comes from the tendency that Somalis seem to have of being dictatorial. It's my way or the highway. It's as if trying to appeal to all is not desired, but rather only those who have the same narrow ideals are entertained. Any one else be damned.

nuune   

good idea though..

lets start building a community made of dhalinyaro or whatever instead of making irrelevent comments.

do we need another website to organize these things,peharps yes peharps not!!

Rahima   

Great Idea, we also have a Somali students association here, however its male dominated and the funny thing is, except for a few brothers, they don't do much except get together and discuss ideas. There is almost no action.

My point my brothers and sisters is, you have an idea, so now what are you going to do about it to make it reality? A few of you should run away with the idea and make it happen, thats my small advice, and of course always fear Allah in that all haram is forbidden. smile.gif

Abdinuur   

Something to think about...

Most of us are going back to school this Fall Semester...

..think about this one you're doing your thang!

MaLikah   

Kaafi- I was so surprised to read this post because my roommate and I discussed this once before. I know the Tanzanian Community or Student Organizations got together in Ohio this summer, and I was soo jealous that us Somalis don't have anything like that. We started brainstorming how we could get this jump-started and we came up with a few ideas:

1. Contact various universities Somali Student Organizations or MSA's (alot of Somalis are active) and forming a huge assocation

2. Choose a different city every year to hold an annual conference, p (Ohio, Atlanta, San Diego-everybody put their bid in)

3. Book a hotel for the out-of-towners that accomodates us with conference rooms and such

4. Bringing speakers (various professionals) and having some workshops (ex. What To Do/Not Do During an Interview, Writing Succesful Resumes, etc)

5. Having a huge picnic the last day and some social events for everyone to get to know each other

6. Giving out awards to those who have organized it or the Most-Outstanding ----- (fill in the blank)

Jus throwing out ideas-

Xafsa   

They are having conference for the Somali student's of North America Here in MNPLS on august 16.