Sign in to follow this  
Abdinuur

Why not...?

Abdinuur   

I'm just saying, why we can't have a Somali Organization Conferences like other students have from various countries?

If you don't know what I'm saying, for instance, Ethiopians get together every once a year in various cities here in the US and discuss whatever and whatever...Why not us...?

And it's not just Ethiopians but other organizations as well...Just a thought...

When and How?

Probably during our breaks between schools and/or work...

If you're interested, we can come out with something...and maybe other people who understand what I'm talking about can further explain this...

Wasalaamu A'laykum

Paragon   

Abdinuur,

This is a good question. the UK have an Organisation called SSA (Somali Students Organisation) and few days ago we met up to get to know each other better. Today we are holding a meeting for all the Association's student memebers and non-members. The main aim of holding this meeting is to get ready to celeberate the SSA's second anniversary. I think all students should have one wherever they are ...It only helps, it never hurts.

Paragon   

What do you guys think if Somalia Online becomes a website that carters for all students all over the world? Like if it collects all informations about Universities, colleges and even other institutions, so that all students can benefit from new updatings?

Most of those student organisations who do exist have no websites. Some exceptional organisations have homepages but they are not updated regularly, or there is no updated information.

What do you think?

Macalin   

Abdinuur good idea saxib..

The Ethios do this, the kenyans meet every yr and do a fashion show, exibits, food tasting, the tanzanians have the same thing, nigerians, senegaleese, heck even burundians do the same...

My q like u is why not?..what these guys do is invite a major speaker(like a prof-etc)and speak and speak..they achive positive things wallahi.

I attended the kenyan and tanzanian convention,,wallahi i was jealous!

I like the idea of JAMAAL TOO!

Abdinuur   

I mean all these are good ideas. I'm just tired of seeing these other nationalities doing there own thing here and there...and ain't hatin' on anybody...but I'm saying, why we can't do something like that or even something better.

It can be mix of many things and topics. It can be a cultural, religious, general meetings,...anything...it's just a matter of us uniting at a certain place and then going from there...step by step process...